• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some discoveries / funsies with recoveries

Serge+

Smash Rookie
Hey there people! How is the Mii brawler subforum doing? (I hope I am not late on this, otherwise, sorry for reposting anythig old)

As the thread title mentions, its about recovering and some generally nice (but not very usefull) stuff i found with the brawler.

Now, obviously, i know there are many alterations and difgerent movesets for the Brawler, so for this thread, I will talk about what I found out with the Feint Jump (option 2 on down B).
Basically, the move involves on doing a small jump towards the direction you are facing, and pressing B or A will make it do a flying kick towards the direction you originally came from, you can, however, alter the direction of the kick by pressing any desired direction (left and right).
With this type of flexibity, this moves works more effectively as a recovery tool, posing as a third jump, and then glide with a kick towards the stage.
This can also work as a edgeguard tool.
But how do you edgeguard with this? Doing a kick will let you on such an unadvantagous position it doesn seem worth it. You can however take avantage of the fact that, after jumping, you will be facing towards the stage, and if I am not wrong, Bair is quite the killer. But now, it does not necesarily mean its meant for that, but just remember that you can use it everywhere, and it can magnetically stick to the ledge, in case you want to go deep and third jump your way back to the stage.

Another thing that seems quite fun and curious, is that you can walljump out of the down b, which doesnt really give any superior advantage or gives you any extra height, but if you find something useful with this information go ahead and share.
To execute a down b walljump, just do as if you normaly wall jump, tapping away from the wall when you are on contact of the wall, just that in this case, in middle of the down b.
The timing is quite tricky. If you want to make a recovery out of that, i recommend doing the kick towards the stage and walljump (not down b) and then up b as you would.

I hope and of this information helps to inspire some use on the Feint Jump!

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Feint jump is already his best down B move. You can also ledge cancel it and you'll be able to get a double jump and another Feint Jump, you can do practically anything out of it. If you hit a person and ledge cancel it you can combo it into a Piston Punch.

I mean what else can I say?
- It gives Brawler one of the best Horizontal Recoveries
- It's ledge cancel-able
- He can safely travel under Battlefield and recover on the other side
- His problems with getting to the ground are practically non-existent.
- You can wall jump with it

Actually, let me speak about the wall jump, you can do your regular wall jump, then a feint jump wall jump, and then a regular wall jump again! Yes, you can do 2 wall jumps on the same ledge in a single recovery.

Actually, if you wanted to go to the extreme, you can actually perform 4 wall jumps in a single recovery and still make it back. Just go to an Omega stage with walls.

Get on the ledge, then let go and wall jump immediatly(1), fall to the very bottom, double jump, wall jump again (2), Feint Jump, Wall Jump the Feint Jump (3), Feint Kick back towards the wall, wall jump AGAIN (4), Piston Punch. Congrats, 4 wall jumps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom