Some basics for a new mewtwo?

NNID
ZeroGaia
Switch FC
SW 0459 9474 2696
Um yo. The name's sapphire and i'm pretty new to project m... and smashboards... and well... people. But I have a question, I just picked up project m... maybe a week & a half ago? And i've ALWAYS played mewtwo in every smash game(Well he's been my true main always.)Been playing smash for maybe... 5-6 years now. So now that I have PM and I play competitively so I want to practice some stuff (BTW in advance I already can waveD, waveL, dash dance, approach with teleport, reverse direction teleport, hover cancel, etc. Point being I've got the base essentials down ) So im asking, what should I start on practicing? Combo game on ff, lightweights, heavyweights? Teleport movement? Please let me know. P.S. Im REALLY NEW to talking to well...people in general, and asking for stuff on smashboards, so please be nice. Im a really nice(And REALLY SHY) guy!

Bob

Banned via Warnings
A Mewtwo Main?

You have my respect.

You answered a lot of the questions you asked. Practice combos on Fast-Fallers, Lightweights, and Heavyweights. Perfect your advanced Teleport maneuvers. Shadow Ball setups, various combos. All that good stuff. Also learn fundamentals such as Directional Influence, Smash Directional Influence, Automatic Smash Directional Influence, DACUS, L-Cancelling, Jump-Cancelled Grabbing, Moonwalking, and that whole deal.

After that, it's just a matter of gradual improvement and improvisational adaptation. Some techniques are individual-based (such as mindgames) and cannot be perfectly explained over a forum setting, however, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in due time.

Good luck that that Mewtwo of yours!

NNID
ZeroGaia
Switch FC
SW 0459 9474 2696
Thank you! (Btw most of that other than the combos, all tp cancel's[since I can do a few already on BF & PS]and... Shadow ball follow-ups? Well this will help out a super bunch, Thank you! Btw srry to ask but is it hard to get pm on netplay? Cause I wanna test my skills. Sorry for responding so late.

Top Bottom