• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solved: Problems with Outset Island

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
There is a bug with brawlbox that sometimes causes textures to appear black or otherwise messed up somehow, even though the settings are correct. If that's the problem here, the following procedure with fix it:
Open the file in BB and locate the material (or materials, but I've never had this bug happen with more than 1 at a time) with the malfunction. Rename both the material and its texture entry (doesn't matter what you rename them to). Then locate the actual texture file (in the texture data folder) which that material references and rename that as well. Save and close.

Reopen the file, change the names back to how they were, then save and close.

Try it then and see if it works.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
There is a bug with brawlbox that sometimes causes textures to appear black or otherwise messed up somehow, even though the settings are correct. If that's the problem here, the following procedure with fix it:
Open the file in BB and locate the material (or materials, but I've never had this bug happen with more than 1 at a time) with the malfunction. Rename both the material and its texture entry (doesn't matter what you rename them to). Then locate the actual texture file (in the texture data folder) which that material references and rename that as well. Save and close.

Reopen the file, change the names back to how they were, then save and close.

Try it then and see if it works.
Thanks for the reply, but that didn't seem to work. I don't know if the materials are bugged, but the stage does look different in brawlbox compared to how it looks in game. In Brawlbox the textures aren't black, but are instead solid colors. In game though they are black. For that matter the materials look really weird. Usually when I look at materials I can see the textures that are used and what parts are mapped to the model, but I only see a solid color for this stage.

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the reply, but that didn't seem to work. I don't know if the materials are bugged, but the stage does look different in brawlbox compared to how it looks in game. In Brawlbox the textures aren't black, but are instead solid colors. In game though they are black. For that matter the materials look really weird. Usually when I look at materials I can see the textures that are used and what parts are mapped to the model, but I only see a solid color for this stage.
I just downloaded it and looked at the materials for outset island, and the settings are definitely messed up. Under each texture reference for each material, texture coordinates, you can see "scale" is set to 0,0. Try setting that to 1,1 instead.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I just downloaded it and looked at the materials for outset island, and the settings are definitely messed up. Under each texture reference for each material, texture coordinates, you can see "scale" is set to 0,0. Try setting that to 1,1 instead.
I tried rescaling all of the materials and it looked better in BB, but in game it's still all black

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I gave up trying to fix the stage model itself because all I really wanted to do was change the collisions, so I edited the stage collisions and exported them and just saved over the collisions of the original stage. I found out that as long as I wasn't looking at the stage through a model viewer that BrawlBox wouldn't do anything to it and I was able to get what I wanted.

Top Bottom