• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SOLVED] [Modding Issues] Crashing/Freezing on strap screen?

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
I fixed the issue, it was my common3 file.

I'm gonna make this quick and quote my
post from /r/customsmash.

Okay, here's the situation. I recently got PM 3.6 Beta and I wanted to replace some BRSTMs, alternate costumes, textures, etc.

I noticed that the PMDT moved the common5 files to the menu2 folder. Seems kind of odd, but I still go and replace the textures (CSS logo, CSPs, stage icons, etc.)and text files(Main Menu descriptions and song names) as I normally do with every PM update.

I also remembered the new HUD changes and carefully changed some textures without trying to mess up the new HUD.

I replaced the vanilla FD with Theytah's 20XX FD. (I didn't see anything for FD on the changelist.)

I deleted the vanilla 3.6 strm folder and replace it with mine so there won't be any fragmenting issues with the BRSTMs. (Yes, I already updated my folder to be 3.6 compatible.) I also added some sawnd files, but that can't be the issue.

So I have all of my mods installed and ready to go, I launch PM... it crashes on the splash screen. The Project M logo isn't even finished with it's animation and it froze.

Does anyone know what I did wrong here? I didn't change anything major.

TL;DR: I changed some cosmetics in the new 3.6 Beta update for PM. But the game freezes on the splash screen.
Does anyone know what might cause this issue and how I could fix it?

Thanks,
-Ninty

Last edited:
Top Bottom