• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solo viable main

Is Mario a viable solo main character?

• Total voters

xleo_samusx

Smash Cadet
I think Cloud will make a very good Mario secondary or co-main. Range, a different style of projectile, hopefully a bit more depth.

Last edited:

Shady Onion

Smash Rookie
He's completely solo-viable, but since he's so simple and easy to learn, there's little reason to not invest in secondaries for him.
I completely agree with this. Mario as a solo main is completely doable. It really comes down to your match up knowledge and whatever you're comfortable with.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Guys,

I want to ask this question: how do you see Mario in the future metagame? Do you think he will fall into the mid-tiers just like the previous games or will it be different? I'm curious on what you guys have to say...

goose32

Smash Cadet
As long as his down throw and frame data aren't nerfed, he'll stay top or high tier. He's better in this game by far than he has ever been before.

Shady Onion

Smash Rookie
Guys,

I want to ask this question: how do you see Mario in the future metagame? Do you think he will fall into the mid-tiers just like the previous games or will it be different? I'm curious on what you guys have to say...
At the moment, it seems he will remain where he is. With lots of reps, good frame data, heavy aerial combos, some great grab options, and decent matchup coverage, I feel like he'll remain where he is in the current meta, but Sakurai can be unpredictable...

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
At the moment, it seems he will remain where he is. With lots of reps, good frame data, heavy aerial combos, some great grab options, and decent matchup coverage, I feel like he'll remain where he is in the current meta, but Sakurai can be unpredictable...
Especially with Corrin and Bayo coming up.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Also for the record, every tournament I've won with mario always demanded one of my secondaries. While not 100% needed, things become very inconsistent in certain MUs.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Guys,

Mario will fall off the top tiers but will remain high most likely. Smash 4 engine helps him a lot.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Mario will fall off the top tiers but will remain high most likely. Smash 4 engine helps him a lot.
Considering Corrin has an attack range longer than even Shulk and Bayonetta can use her recovery move multiple times, making edgeguarding a pain, that might be the foregone conclusion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom