• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

solid luigi strategies!

Smash Journeyman
i havent realized this but me and a friend was smashing and he mains luigi but he never uses him for my falco he uses his marth. anyways he started using luigi and i owned him but i realized i had no real experience against luigi. i approached him all wrong and except
for falcos dominence over him and my skill. i found the match very annoying and i could barely combo his luigi. after a shl i came in for a jab combo while he was stunned then the jab lifted him into a nair that led to a combo. my shffled dairs were hitting but my reflector wasnt it was really pissing me off. luigi kept sliding and catching me off guard cuz i didnt know how to properluy approach him.

any advice that can be given on how falco should approach luigi would be greatly appreciated

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
I dont know much about luigi, but I do know that he is somewhat of a floaty character meaning he should be easily comboed by an Nair. Also that means a Dtilt can kill him easily over 100%.

Smash Journeyman
I dont know much about luigi, but I do know that he is somewhat of a floaty character meaning he should be easily comboed by an Nair. Also that means a Dtilt can kill him easily over 100%.

yea thats true i notived after a while when i shffled my dairs a well placed uptilt at mediocre
percentages would replace your reflector but at lower percentages he wasnt able to be hit.

and i always mix it up and my nairs were finishing him but as for a tilt my friend wasnt falling for them, and at higher percentages he floats to high for a uptilt.

and see even you infinitegxt dont know much on luigi for me i find this a problem seeming as i like to think i have a well balanced falco with every character.

everlasting yay

Smash Ace
I play Luigi's all the time...the perfect approach, imo, is to make him approach you. Since...you're Falco...and that's an automatic win right there. Luigi can only do so much when he approaches you...so wait make him screw his approach up with lasers/other annoying falco crap , and nair->shine->bair him if you can. I don't try to combo him a lot per hit...since he easily has time to come out of hte lag and hit you again. I just sneak in two or three hits and run off to spam lasers and get him to approach again. Luigi is a *******...but you're Falco. Lasers, nair and your godly dair will pwn his recovery...

Smash Journeyman
I play Luigi's all the time...the perfect approach, imo, is to make him approach you. Since...you're Falco...and that's an automatic win right there. Luigi can only do so much when he approaches you...so wait make him screw his approach up with lasers/other annoying falco crap , and nair->shine->bair him if you can. I don't try to combo him a lot per hit...since he easily has time to come out of hte lag and hit you again. I just sneak in two or three hits and run off to spam lasers and get him to approach again. Luigi is a *******...but you're Falco. Lasers, nair and your godly dair will pwn his recovery...

yea i kinda knew a camping falco would be best i started that approach at the end thx dude
i'll start fighting luigi way more.

nublet06

Smash Lord
yeah i would say camp....dont try too many combos cause you might get hit with a nair. and never do your down air in front of his shield. for some reason im always able to shield grab falco when he hits my shield with his dair. getting grabbed by luigi is very deadly if you are playing someone with skill. fox and falco are pretty much my favorite matchup.

Smash Journeyman
yeah i would say camp....dont try too many combos cause you might get hit with a nair. and never do your down air in front of his shield. for some reason im always able to shield grab falco when he hits my shield with his dair. getting grabbed by luigi is very deadly if you are playing someone with skill. fox and falco are pretty much my favorite matchup.
ok thx i wes thinking that if i was playing a good luigi i might have died or worse been severly punished in the way i approached him

Top Bottom