• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Sorry, I was referring to, "This results in easy 0 to deaths in 64". i'm tired of hearing how easy a zero to death combo should be. It's as if my friends think I'm supposed to be a god at 64.

Vale

Smash Ace
hey guys have you heard about this game called smash 64?
literally every move transitions into a zero to death.
i also heard pikachu is the best. like he has 90-10 matchups with the whole cast, except for kirby.
speaking of kirby, i'm pretty sure the players literally only use uptilt. good combo potential, but it really shines at killing the opponent.
it's a shame samus is literally unplayable in that game. she's so bottom tier it makes brawl ganondorf cry. by far the least balanced smash game.
it doesn't even have air dodges, which means no wavedashing. what was sakurai thinking?

Studstill

Smash Ace
I don't really care how closely people follow the rules but I don't like double standards. I'm not really upset about this but I can't help but wonder what else gets overlooked out there. I saw one guy quadruple post. geez...
What, what, recognition!
Thank you.
Sorry if I upset you; life in the fast lane.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I don't mind playing alts. As long as you don't act like a jackass behind one, it's all good.

Speaking of alts, let's guess what sheer's alt will be at Apex. He has said that he doesn't have much motivation to go to Apex again, but who is he kidding? Prince is going.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
http://youtu.be/yqF5A7cigH4?t=4m25s
considering every character but samus can easily followup moves on shield
often, you can land an aerial on a shielded opponent on a side plat, but the upb will only shield break if they continue to hold z. if they plat drop or jump, you hit their upb (and thereby get punished cuz DI).

it's nice to land a charge shot on shield after an aerial, but again, too much of it is player dependent for it to be considered simple. you've gotta be really quick to land her dair charge shot fsmash, and i don't think bair charge shot on shield works, nor nair.

also gotta take into account that none of her aerials on shield lead into a grab. only charge shot leads to one, and even that, sometimes, can be tricky.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I just wanna say I hate air dodge to death lol, there's no skill coming back to the ground, it's just air dodge after air dodge, this is why I love 64

Vale

Smash Ace
You can punish them during vulnerability frames during the air dodge or hit them as they try aim for the ground. If they are air dodging repeatedly, it is just as punishable as somebody rolling across the stage as an approach habit.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
You can punish them during vulnerability frames during the air dodge or hit them as they try aim for the ground. If they are air dodging repeatedly, it is just as punishable as somebody rolling across the stage as an approach habit.
I know that, but if an un-true combo can lead up to another up air, and it has a bigger hit box then the opponent you can kinda continue if they aren't smart, but in like brawl or smash 4, you can air dodge a lot of things

Shears

Smash Master
I heard shield grabbing is broken in Smash 4. There is no shield stun at all but when someone hits your shield they get punished for it so their shield hit lag is greater than the shield stun lag. How does this make a game better? 64 has the most shield stun and a bunch of melee players complained to me about it last night, the shield stun makes it a better game in my opinion. High shield stun means you can't sit there like a wuss blocking, you can't be as defensive, you have to always be moving and always put yourself in a position to not be punished or hit. Smash 4, and even melee and brawl, its advantageous in many settings to just sit there and let the person hit you and punish them afterwards.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
What if Kahnu is the same person as Madao? Maybe Madao needed someone to take interest in modding so he alted to get the attention that modding needs. After all, Kahnu backwards is pronounced 'unhack' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Annex

Smash Ace
From my experience smash 4 is a game of just predicting whether someone will either shield or roll when you approach on the ground and predicting when someone will airdodge when you approach them in the air. I'm getting really tired of it

I don't want to make judgements TOO soon, but no shieldstun is ridiculous. Low shield HP is neat, but it regenerates so fast that it only really matters to those few characters that have moves that can break it in one blow. Rolling and airdodging are...above my skill level to punish, I guess. Or they're just extremely ****ing good options in seemingly every situation.

The roster is more balanced than brawl/melee though, so that's neat (I'm basing that on how I 2-0 all the macs, frogs and dogs I see in for glory with DK/Samus, who are apparently low tier)

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's way too early to say how balanced Smash 4's roster is. People were saying Brawl had a really balanced cast for the first few months of Brawl. The power levels of characters naturally diverge over time.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I'm having fun with smash 4 so far, but I played one of my buddies who played a pretty campy/rolly R.O.B. who beat my D3 on stock 3 at high %. Pretty hard to find the rythm perfect shield his projectiles with slight frame delay, but I think I learned some important options for the matchup.

I'm trying to get my Pac-Man up to par with my D3, but since D3 was my main in Brawl, a lot of the skill transferred over, and he seems pretty good in this game (so far). Pac-Man is incredibly fun so far at least, has some neat set ups with his fruit/fire hydrant.

Rolling seems pretty hard to punish with slower characters. I think faster characters, such as Sanic, definitely benefit vs roll spamming players, while slower/fatter characters just don't have guaranteed options to punish. As far as the shields go, they are ridiculously good as you guys mentioned. I'm trying to learn to hit shields at a top left/right angle and land behind some characters to avoid grabs, but from what I can tell a lot of grabs have fairly good vertical range.

For air dodges, I'm incredibly glad they are punishable on landing, but if you don't have as much aerial mobility than the character air dodging, then there are often times when it seems like you can't punish it as long as they airdodge+float away from you.

So far I like the game, but if I get srs with it I can definitely see some match ups becoming annoying af

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
You ***** don't know **** bout laundro-mat wifi kb smash thoooooooooooooooo
20141016_214229.jpg
20141016_214221.jpg
20141016_214248.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
so pivot off stage nair works on J version: link lives. does it work in U ?

edit yes it does

why dont people pivot off stage bair with link???
oh yeah cause no one plays link

triple edit:

lol you can just run off nair and make it back on stage in u version

Last edited:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
I quit playing this game. Don't expect to see me at Apex, on Skype, irc, steam, on server, or on this website. Goodbye.

Top Bottom