• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Reminder that banning Tencent would ban Fortnite, and Trump's already planning on banning TikTok.

Man, he's really gonna piss off Gen Z more than he already has.

Edit: It seems that's it's just for WeChat.

Last edited:

Minix0

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or does Smash Ultimate online seem slightly better? Like, its still pretty bad, but I can't deny that connections seem more smooth/less laggy. I don't really notice as much input lag as I once did. Could be placebo I guess.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got few extra ideas for drawings in my head, I'll try to tackle some of them throughout the weekend. I want to keep up with drawing characters I haven't drawn often. But I do kind of miss drawing regular Spider-Man, varying up stuff has been really satisfying.

I also gotta do a bit more original stuff too. There's a 3 second loop I finished that's got an original character, but some Illustrations here and there would be pretty good.

Shroob

Sup?
Is it just me or does Smash Ultimate online seem slightly better? Like, its still pretty bad, but I can't deny that connections seem more smooth/less laggy. I don't really notice as much input lag as I once did. Could be placebo I guess.
They upped the whatchamacallit from 30 to 60, so they effectively uhhh...

TheMightyP TheMightyP you explained it, I'm too stupid to.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Woke up to the smell of sauerkraut and realized the cats tore into the trash bag so I had to spend a while cleaning up the mess and taking trash out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Woke up to the smell of sauerkraut and realized the cats tore into the trash bag so I had to spend a while cleaning up the mess and taking trash out.
Can relate. I have to take the trash out every day because one of my cats loves eating garbage.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I think Crunchyroll played me. I woke up and still haven't messed my account from that email. So what?

I suppose today will be cleaning the room and such. Was planning on visiting a garden on the other side of the city but I'm gonna leave that until next week. Then the few days self block tonight.

Trump's planning on banning Tencent.

Pokemon UNITED the monkey's paw.
Usually I won't talk global politics, but I do think all this is going a bit too far. One or two companies to ban? Yes. Trying to split the Internet and such without thinking about the economic ramifications? A bit too much.

Can relate. I have to take the trash out every day because one of my cats loves eating garbage.
Dogs can do it too. My old boi has been wandering in to a bathroom recently even though we don't store food there. We have the lowest bin in the house right there.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Apparently, Americans are dying and getting sick due to drinking hand sanitizers.... And I thought without masks was dumb enough but this is just stupid.

"Stupidity isn't a virus, but is sure spreading like one."
-Sandy Cheeks (Spongebob)

D

Deleted member

I'm just gonna have me some hot dogs. I don't really breakfast as the hip kids do.
Honestly I want to make ramen for breakfast lol, but it's already like 9am so I'm just gonna wait until lunch

D

Deleted member

Apparently, Americans are dying and getting sick due to drinking hand sanitizers.... And I thought without masks was dumb enough but this is just stupid.

"Stupidity isn't a virus, but is sure spreading like one."
-Sandy Cheeks (Spongebob)
I mean, people also ate tide pods just for internet fame, nothing surprises me at this point.

D

Deleted member

For me, if I want to eat something, I eat it. I don't wait for imaginary timeframes like Lunch and Dinner.

I'll eat a ****ing ham steak at 5 in the morning. I don't give a ****. Lmao
Well it's less about that and moreso I make ramen everyday at lunch anyway so making one now means I'll just make another in less than 2 hours, so I'm not gonna bother.

Dutch Raikuna

Honestly I want to make ramen for breakfast lol, but it's already like 9am so I'm just gonna wait until lunch
I have that stuff and toast pretty frequently. A fellow Ramen connoisseur. It's some good stuff so could be a breakfast......

For me, if I want to eat something, I eat it. I don't wait for imaginary timeframes like Lunch and Dinner.

I'll eat a ****ing ham steak at 5 in the morning. I don't give a ****. Lmao
I'm exactly the same sometimes. My big meal is in the evening, everything else is fair gain.

I'm also the guy who would go across the city just to eat at one place and then go back home. No friends or anything. An hour to travel there and an hour back.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Regular Show really made the same "My Mom" joke like over 100 times, and yet, that was the pinnacle of comedy.

You know who else is the pinnacle of comedy?
MY MOM
and now we have Close Enough, continuing the Regular Show legacy

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They upped the whatchamacallit from 30 to 60, so they effectively uhhh...

TheMightyP TheMightyP you explained it, I'm too stupid to.
Minix0 Minix0 They upped the tick rate from 30 to 60 in 1v1 matches with no spectators. This means the game will check inputs every frame instead of every other frame, leading to less dropped inputs overall. This benefits stable connections by quite a bit, leading to 1 frame of less input lag minimum, and making the game more responsive, but for choppy connections, the game will be a bit worse because due to more packets being sent, the game will freeze more.

TL;DR Ultimate is a 60fps game, so increasing the tick rate to 60hz makes it better for the online as now the game will check for inputs every frame instead of every other frame.

TL;DRTTL;DR: Online went from trash to borderline playable.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Rocksteady (the studio behind the Batman Arkham games) just announced that they're making a Suicide Squad game.

It's been rumoured for a while now (and was strongly hinted at by Batman: Arkham Origins, though that game wasn't made by Rocksteady), but I'm interested to see if it's set in the same universe as those games, and if so, how they're going to incorporate the broader DCU into that universe. (so far, there were only hints of Superman and the Flash, along with a voice-only cameo from Lex Luthor)

Dutch Raikuna

I woke up with one thought in my mind. I miss eating at a Panda Express.
That was the American Chinese one I had bad experience with. I liked it, got the Orange Chicken once and Teriyaki another time but my stomach didn't.

1596809198387.png
Yangtze over here as my favourite, it's a similar setup to Panda Express. Nothing is almost better than getting fried rice, chips, salt and chilli chicken together.

We do have gravy in our Chinese menus as well as curry and sweet and sour sauce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom