• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

didn't matter what it was for

if i could, i would
Eh, I beg to differ.
The way I see it, if a good joke can be made via video/gif, then it's more than worth doing. Doesn't matter what it comes from, IMO.
I also like to joke about shilling, because, well, that does pretty accurately describe me(and the truth hurts. alot)

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Oh. great.

I mean, I know Pokemon doesn't really care about story but they could at least pretend to care. Having a fixed design at least creates the illusion of actual character.

I'm tired of the increasing popularity of plank-of-wood customizable characters. I can't get invested in a character that litterally has no personality because all their moves, animations, and dialogue (if there is any) has to be generic enough to fit with every possible customization. I play video games to escape into someone else's shoes. Not just be me with superpowers. Me with superpowers is still depressed, alone, and dysphoric. It's why I like acting too. And why I pretend to be the Joker so often.

Look at me, self psycho-analyzing when I have a paper to write.
Pokemon protagonists have always been boring blank slate characters who only exist as a body for you to experience the world through, if I can at least make that character look the way I want them to then I'm all for it.

Real life depiction of a Pokemon protagonist:
22207527-portrait-of-a-camera-headed-man.jpg

D

Deleted member

you see, in my defense, i skipped the first minute :nifty:
Ahem, he appears throughout a majority of it. If you seriously missed it, you skipped a hell of alot of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ahem, he appears throughout a majority of it. If you seriously missed it, you skipped a hell of alot of it.
Indeed I did. Showed up for the Pikachu lore and then saw Ash at the end. The Kangashkan story is cute.

I could give less care for the new obligatory partner.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
There's only one Hero round these parts:

But sadly he cannot appear... for the images are borked again

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today I've gotten all offline Challenges of Smash Ultimate without using Golden Hammers

Before I go for the online Challenges that I'm going for the remaining 93 spirits I still need to collect.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking first games we ever played. Tekken 3 would be mine. Still one of my favorites for that reason, Mega Man X is a pretty close favorite of all time too.

So yeah, put Jin Kazama in Smash, he'd be pretty sick.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Are you taking it upon yourself to become the main super villain of this thread?
Wasn’t I already? When I’m sad I’m catastrophic and when I’m happy I’m insane! Sound like a villain to me.
Pokemon protagonists have always been boring blank slate characters who only exist as a body for you to experience the world through, if I can at least make that character look the way I want them to then I'm all for it.

Real life depiction of a Pokemon protagonist:
View attachment 247195
Agree to disagree I guess

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wasn’t I already? When I’m sad I’m catastrophic and when I’m happy I’m insane! Sound like a villain to me.
No. "Villain" implies you're evil or doing harm. If you personally believe you're being seen in a negative light, which you aren't, then you shouldn't accept the role and act like there's no way to change it. A defeatist attitude isn't going to make you look like a bad person, it'll just generate a generally uncomfortable aura. Rinse and repeat for a year and now we're here going over it again.

:222: Having your own radical opinions on its own is generally fine as long as they do no harm, but don't overdo it by emphasizing how cuh-razy it is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No. "Villain" implies you're evil or doing harm. If you personally believe you're being seen in a negative light, which you aren't, then you shouldn't accept the role and act like there's no way to change it. A defeatist attitude isn't going to make you look like a bad person, it'll just generate a generally uncomfortable aura. Rinse and repeat for a year and now we're here going over it again.

:222: Having your own radical opinions on its own is generally fine as long as they do no harm, but don't overdo it by emphasizing how cuh-razy it is.
Pretty much ditto here.
And I really don't want to add fuel to my own fire atm, so I think I'll sign off for the night.... while I still can.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I don't actually think anyone in this thread is evil I thought we were just kidding around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom