• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Kira Buckland voicing a Smash character would be hilarious as she voiced the announcer of Super Smash Flash
Oh, she did? That’s hilarious.

I wasn’t joking about her goal, btw. She changed it a bit, but....
905FFEAB-73D4-4938-9D02-0AFC74EFD395.png

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Wait, now you're being inconsistent. First you don't have any examples because "his videos are a slog" and now this? What's really going on here?

And mine was different. Mine was just emotionally lashing out. It was an irrational thing to do to begin with. And I shouldn't have done it in the first place
If you're asking for specific examples, I have nothing for you. I don't have the time or patience to listen to Arlo's 40-minute long slogs to give you specifics.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Now that I think about it, this could be a good Mii costume for Freddy if he make the cut.
Fazbear.gif

With some adjustments, it could fit the Mii Fighter's proportions, and it's a bit more of a lighthearted take on the character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it, if we get a Freddy mii costume, then Freddy Sans can be a legit thing.

Food for thought.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Now that I think about it, this could be a good Mii costume for Freddy if he made the cut.
View attachment 258148
With some adjustments, it could fit the Mii Fighter's proportions, and it's a bit more of a lighthearted take on the character.

Completely forgot about that.

****, there might be a small chance, tiny as it might be

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I’m actually on a voice acting forum that 2B’s voice actor owns. It’s smaller, but it’s a legit forum.

I know squat about 2B, but if she does get in, I’d love to see Kira Buckland reprise her role. She’s actually pretty darn active on the forums, and she even responds to threads asking for advice, (like my own, actually.)

Also, on her forum account, her goal’s option reads, “I already voice in a fighting game, so.... BE IN SMASH?!” lol

TL;DR: Kira Buckland good
I remember when Kira Buckland went by "Kagome," in the old days of the internet.

D

Deleted member

I actually want him as a mii costume. It would be hilarious, and the salt would be amazing, but I actually think it could just be plain old fun. And hey, that’s what Smash is about.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Geno would be neat, but I think 2B would be more likely, since 2B is more well known by a casual audience than Geno
I mean, if that's the criteria then Lara Croft would be the next SE character. And Banjo, as well as Sakurai's own words in the Terry presentation, kind of proves that widespread awareness of the character doesn't really matter.
If you're asking for specific examples, I have nothing for you. I don't have the time or patience to listen to Arlo's 40-minute long slogs to give you specifics.
Then what are you basing your opinions on?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Yup. I saw some art that reminded me "Oh yeah, FNAF world was a thing that existed." Basically, someone made their own sketch for a Freddy mii costume.
1579213685100.png

I don't know how I feel about the top hat gun, though. I could honestly see Freddy being two classes. A brawler, or a sword fighter. A brawler is pretty self explanatory, and for a sword fighter, maybe he could use an exaggerated version of his microphone. An official Five Nights At Freddy's guide did say that Freddy will "Find a creative way to kill you with his microphone", after all.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yup. I saw some art that reminded me "Oh yeah, FNAF world was a thing that existed." Basically, someone made their own sketch for a Freddy mii costume.
View attachment 258153
I don't know how I feel about the top hat gun, though. I could honestly see Freddy being two classes. A brawler, or a sword fighter. A brawler is pretty self explanatory, and for a sword fighter, maybe he could use an exaggerated version of his microphone. An official Five Nights At Freddy's guide did say that Freddy will "Find a creative way to kill you with his microphone", after all.
Yeah, I think he works better as a Brawler.

Although nothing would compare to the absolute internet nuke detonated in a salt mine that would be the first ever playable indie character in Smash being a FNaF Character.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mean, if that's the criteria then Lara Croft would be the next SE character. And Banjo, as well as Sakurai's own words in the Terry presentation, kind of proves that widespread awareness of the character doesn't really matter.

Then what are you basing your opinions on?
I've literally watched every video Arlo has put out since I subscribed to him, three years ago.
Read the bolded text please.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just sitting here laughing that people got caught up in a literal baseless rumor about Dante.

Yes, the info was on the same day

But just because a game drops info on a day, doesn't mean Smash.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_peeking_post.png
So.

Fire Emblem #7.

Place ain't burnt down.

I'm kinda proud of y'all.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I did. But you can't have it both ways. Have you watched every video he's put out for three years, or can you not get through them because they're irritating slogs. If one is true the other can't be.
Dear lord

When I said I'm not watching them

I mean I'm not watching them a second time, much less right now, to give you examples

I thought that was clear.

TimeJ

Smash Cadet
Since others have given there opinions on the pass I figured I'd talk about it and some of the other DLC. I'm not going to review them by number because I don't think it really fits. Btw you may recognize me as the guy in the "Users who are viewing this thread list" or that one guy that said one thing about Alphadream and nothing else.

:ultpiranha:When this guy was first shown I was a bit mad but now I like him. He is a pretty funny fighter and is a cool bonus. Although I do kind of wish they left him free forever just to show that he is just a bonus. Can't say I like his moveset to much. Pretty funny character and I do like him, but would have preferred someone else.

:ultjoker:Surprising character and it was pretty cool waking up the day after TGA and seeing him. I had no clue who he was but when I heard he was from Persona I got interested. I still haven't play any Persona but I can definitely see myself playing one in the future because of his inclusion. I think his moveset is pretty interesting and love how he has a gun. Pretty good character and a good start for the pass.

:ulthero:I've never played Dragon Quest but I think Hero getting into Smash just makes sense. Dragon Quest has been around for a long time and has been pretty popular. I think him getting included got me to try out Builders 2. I love his moveset and how it's focused around mana, also really appreciate his alts. Great character probably was my favorite of the pass

:ultbanjokazooie:I haven't play any Banjo game. (I seem to be noticing a pattern here) That said, I have always wanted to and the only reason I haven't is because I don't have an Xbox. If Banjo-Kazooie came to the Switch I probably would have bought it. Like Hero, I think these two deserved to get in and I'm glad to see them make it. I like how there moveset was a bit simpler compared to the other fighters. Great character and love that he's finally in and probably would have been my favorite if Hero didn't have his MP system.

:ult_terry:Who would have thought, I haven't played any of Terry's games. That being said I don't think I will in the future. While the other characters interest me I was sort of disappointed with Terry. It was cool learning a bit about SNK, but honestly I'm just more into Platform fighting games than traditional ones. Not to hate on other fighting games but I think I just prefer the movement in Smash Bros. His moveset is cool but defientaly not for me. I do like his stage though, the walls are really cool. Overall, disappointed but I understand why he was added and respect him.

:nessecho:For a change, I have played Undertale so seeing it get some representation is cool. I think this is the best way it could of been done and it set up Mii Costumes coming with music. Nothing really bad to say.

:ultmarth:Why did they add Marth to the game again? Nah, I'm just kidding but I am conflicted. Byleth is a weird character to end off the pass. We definitely shouldn't be looking for patterns but considering they had to that point used only 3rd parties from new series, it's no wonder that I and many others were surprised by this. I have played and loved 3 houses. (I need to get back around to that Golden Deer route) Byleth looks interesting and I'm glad they're representing more than just swords with the moveset. I think Garreg Mach might be the best FE stage yet so that's cool and the music will be awesome. Overall, while I like Byleth, I think it's a bad way to end out the pass. Considering the reactions to some of the other fighters I guess there might not have been a way around either the final fighter being a bit disappointing or the rest of the past seeming dull.

Cuphead: I'm glad we're seeing more Mii Fighters like Sans and I hope it keeps up in the future. It's sort of like having a mini fighter. Currently hoping for Quote, Hat Kid, and The Knight. (I wouldn't mind seeing them be characters though.)

Overall I think the pass was good but the ending was a bit disappointing. I'm excited to see what the other 6 fighters will be and I'm glad to see first party back on the table for fan speculation. It seems the only fan rule left is no spirit/AT upgrades. Have a good one you guys, I'm going to go back to lurking and will pop up sometime in the unknow future.

Shroob

Sup?
I think Maxamillion is a good example as to why to never ever put stock in rumors unless there's legitimate credible evidence.

He stayed up streaming all night

Because of a rumor

That ended up being one big coincidence

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The most I've seen are people trying to pretend Cuphead's gotten more attention than anything else when Altair's gotten more discussion from what I can tell alongside the fact that people are actually talking about Byleth quite a bit
Cuphead does set a nice precedent of indie Mii costumes with music attached.

Once is a coincidence, twice is a pattern, all that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually I just thought of a super likely mii costume with music. Hollow Knight, popular request, good fit for a costume, nice music.

Would work super well

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The most I've seen are people trying to pretend Cuphead's gotten more attention than anything else when Altair's gotten more discussion from what I can tell alongside the fact that people are actually talking about Byleth quite a bit
Sounds like a pretty weird piece of fan art.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think Maxamillion is a good example as to why to never ever put stock in rumors unless there's legitimate credible evidence.

He stayed up streaming all night

Because of a rumor

That ended up being one big coincidence
I feel really bad for him. I haven't watched his video on it because I don't want to see him upset.

And like..... arg, every hour on the hour it's like I get a second wind and go "Byleth? Really, Byleth?!". Like.... arg. Just arg.

Shroob

Sup?
I feel really bad for him. I haven't watched his video on it because I don't want to see him upset.

And like..... arg, every hour on the hour it's like I get a second wind and go "Byleth? Really, Byleth?!". Like.... arg. Just arg.
He's not upset.

Whelmed yes, but he admits Byleth's gameplay looks quite interesting.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Honestly I'm pretty disappointed with the Altair costume. Really want an AC character playable.
And what the hell was up with the simply showing Altair's name in one region? I don't get it. It has meme potential though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There are probably a lot of people who would be ecstatic about Cuphead if Byleth's reveal wasn't.... taking all of their attention, let's say.
Cuphead does set a nice precedent of indie Mii costumes with music attached.

Once is a coincidence, twice is a pattern, all that.
Sakurai doesn't do patterns. The second you think there is a pattern, he breaks it. If you have any sort of expectation at all then he will find out about it and do the exact opposite ten months ago. Because yes, he can see the future. It's on of the powers vested in him by the magical chicken he rides to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom