• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also, Galaxy 2 is ten years old today.

Jeez I'm getting old.
I really have to play that game when I get the chance.

Hopefully the rumours about 3D Mario remasters are true and we get one for Galaxy 2.

In case the original Wii game has become rare in my island.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, this week I got banned from Forest Maze because I kept constantly bringing up my family issues at many channels unpurposefully, and It got to the point mods had to ban me because It creeped other users out (for example when someone at #general asked about the last time a movie made us cry and I said Toy Story 3 alongside how my mother slapped me back then for crying with It).

I don't 100% know how the rules at Smashboards work, but I expect them to work similar to Forest Maze and many other Discord servers, so I don't really want to risk it.
I'd ask a Moderator/Admin via PM first. Sometimes serious issues are inappropriate in certain sections of a site. Better to be safe than sorry. There's likely an avenue of which to discuss these things, and for the most part, what you described doesn't sound like it needs another area. At least that example.

Obviously there's some stuff that is banned from talking about anyway(due to the PG-13 rules), but what you described sounds nothing related to that.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah, this week I got banned from Forest Maze because I kept constantly bringing up my family issues at many channels unpurposefully, and It got to the point mods had to ban me because It creeped other users out (for example when someone at #general asked about the last time a movie made us cry and I said Toy Story 3 alongside how my mother slapped me back then for crying with It).

I don't 100% know how the rules at Smashboards work, but I expect them to work similar to Forest Maze and many other Discord servers, so I don't really want to risk it.
I think you forgot something about the Discord server you, myself and Co are on. You created it when we talked about it. So it's your rules.
Its up to you to invite people and all. Up to you if you want to close it.

And if you think some servers are bad, the server I'm on with my classmates has one of them posting stuff that definitely wouldn't be on here at all.
We just nod and move on cause the guys annoying in the best way.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I guess if you keep bringing the same off-topic issues up over and over again unprompted, that can count as spam but you were just replying to someone.

Better safe than sorry but I don't think you should feel like you can't vent about your problems once in a while. Use spoiler tags if you feel like you're talking about something that might upset other users and stop if a mod warns you and you should be fine.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Let's move on to something else - what's everyone doing to keep busy during this quarantine? (assuming that your countries are still under quarantine - I know that some places have been trying to ease off of it) I've been catching up on Doctor Who and movies, working my way through my video game backlog, going for walks, teaching online (it's taken a while to get that set up) and (now that the weather's warmed up) mowing lawns.
I got cast to play a role for a YouTuber that has 46.5k subs, and that's pretty exciting for me since I haven't voiced for a channel that big. I'm recording my lines today.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I think you forgot something about the Discord server you, myself and Co are on. You created it when we talked about it. So it's your rules.
Its up to you to invite people and all. Up to you if you want to close it.
I might have been too much on that.

Best 3D Mario game, don't @ me.
Take the number out first.
Also glad to see the Melia pfp.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I got cast to play a role for a YouTuber that has 46.5k subs, and that's pretty exciting for me since I haven't voiced for a channel that big. I'm recording my lines today.
:O Oooh, congratulations, my friend! :3 I hope you enjoy working on this! The best of luck!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm deeply sorry for your loss, bud...Losing a loved one always hurts...

Are you feeling okay?
This
Im a bit better today, unfortunately I’ve been in similar situations previously so it’s not the first time sadly.

But thank you.

And in terms of things I’ve been doing during quarantine:

School, animal crossing(I got sprocket last night) but then last few days it’s been overwatch because I want those skins for mercy, ashe and Hammond. And getting previous event stuff is neat as well.

D

Deleted member

Finally found something to audition for. It’s a FNAF fangame, which isn’t the most fun but hopefully I can find some enjoyment in it. Hoping I can find some more fun projects soon.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Take the number out first.
Also glad to see the Melia pfp.
Eh, I feel like SMG2 had better pacing (aside from the green stars) and the platforming challenges were more varied and satisfying. The whole game was just one fantastic level after another, IMO.

And thanks; I'm pretty excited for DE if you couldn't already tell. :-P

AndreaAC

Finally found something to audition for. It’s a FNAF fangame, which isn’t the most fun but hopefully I can find some enjoyment in it. Hoping I can find some more fun projects soon.
:) Hopefully you will get more opportunities after that one. Just be patient.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
:O Oooh, congratulations, my friend! :3 I hope you enjoy working on this! The best of luck!
Thank you! And I do! The character is basically just my bad impression of Mark Hamill’s Joker but with a higher pitch since the character called for that, and I’ve found that doing your bad impressions of characters can occasionally result in good sounding voices that are still unique if your impression is bad enough.

D

Deleted member

:) Hopefully you will get more opportunities after that one. Just be patient.
yeeee

I probably need to make more connections honestly. Like, only one of my friends is a VA. lol I think I need to make an attempt to connect with my directors more, and hopefully meet some more voice actors. (Not saying having non-VA and non-director friends is a bad thing, of course! lol I’m just grateful to have friends to begin with, I didn’t have any last year.)

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Thank you! And I do! The character is basically just my bad impression of Mark Hamill’s Joker but with a higher pitch since the character called for that, and I’ve found that doing your bad impressions of characters can occasionally result in good sounding voices that are still unique if your impression is bad enough.
XD I know what you mean, I have done a lot of bad impressions/silly imitations, but mostly when I am speaking to a friend, and it's pretty fun, honestly.

yeeee

I probably need to make more connections honestly. Like, only one of my friends is a VA. lol I think I need to make an attempt to connect with my directors more, and hopefully meet some more voice actors. (Not saying having non-VA and non-director friends is a bad thing, of course! lol I’m just grateful to have friends to begin with, I didn’t have any last year.)
xD I totally get ya. :> You will get to know more people that work in the same field as you. :)

AndreaAC

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! xD I don't know what is causing it, but for quite a while I saw your avatar as a broken image, then I could see it just fine, and now is broken again, and even if I refresh the page, it is still broken. Weird.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ve got to hand it to the Pokémon masters team. They really care about the game.

They announced they were considering limiting how much people can play each day but upping the rewards. But there was backlash over this. So rather then be like Gamefreak and go “**** it” they put out a survey for public feedback.

This survey includes things like what your favorite part of the game is, what you like most that’s been introduced, what future content excites you, do you want to see the change in how much you play, and what features do you want to see more of and a few other things.

Like I don’t think think it be that hard for Game Freak to do similar and learn where the current Pokémon fandom stands because I don’t think they genuinely know. So I respect the masters team for this, it’s why I keep playing because they show they really care whenever they can.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Like I don’t think think it be that hard for Game Freak to do similar and learn where the current Pokémon fandom stands because I don’t think they genuinely know
Even if they did, too many people would go "I like it because it's Pokemon."

AndreaAC

Guys like Lamperouge Lamperouge and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! . Premium guys I have a question.

If I get premium for one month then cancel it, getting for name change would my username go back to the original one or would it stick to my new username?
It will stick with your new username, as far as I know. ( I have had premium before, and my custom title stayed)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna I think you could also try asking one of the members of the Staff if they can change your name to something else if you don't want to spend money on Premium. I think I have seen some people do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom