• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
lmao. There are people giving Laura K Buzz **** while saying "So what if you got it right? It's fake/You're still wrong!"
. . .So Gematsu then?

Do people not grasp that things can change pretty dramatically over the course of a game's life cycle? Like, release dates in particular are things that bounce around a ton even while we're watching them!

For that matter, if a leaker is secondhand then they have don't entirely have control over the legitimacy of who's giving them info. Someone like Laura who juggles several sources could get a lot right and a lot wrong at the same time just from some people being who they seem and others not.

But I mean. . .I'm sure you already know that, just kind of thinking over it again myself, LOL.

I told myself a while back I'd hold off until E3 before writing her off entirely like a lot of people were. Seems like that's actually kind of paying off.

No mainline Metroid on Switch, not gonna buy the Switch.

Simple.

Let's keep in mind they still have a few E3s to announce a Switch Metroid past this one.

. . .That said, I think it's far more likely they announce one this year than most people consider. Probably because I don't give a hamster's fuzzy bottom about the franchise and thus don't have the emotional investment to panic.

Metroid is not a snubbed franchise. Metroid consistently makes it into marketing. It has three character avatars on the Switch. It's dropped off the face of the earth harder than this before, and the gen that followed it gave the biggest revival the series ever had. It flip-flops around for a while, but Nintendo always goes back to give the franchise some love somehow. I mean, as opposed to it's sister franchise that doesn't do that much worse in sales but gets constantly rushed and ignored and went two gens without anyone even trying to make a game and four gens without actually getting one.

The real problem isn't that there won't be a Metroid, there will be sooner or later. The real problem is that I don't think people are going to LIKE whatever the next Metroid is. Both Metroid directors are loathed at this point and I have a strong suspicion that whatever Retro is working on isn't actually one of the two franchises they're consistently associated with at this point.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Probably because I don't give a hamster's fuzzy bottom about the franchise and thus don't have the emotional investment to panic.

Coricus. Even the curses are adorable.™

If that actually trademarks I want a cut.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, Dizzy feel so much better when you can spam her projectile in Stylish mode. :-)
And no, it's not bad to spam with her since she is a glass canon that deal big damage by her projectile. Being away from the opponent is always the best thing to do. Plus, contrary to another fighting game that was out recently, escpaing her zoning mean really bad for her. So, she is balanced in my book.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People are asking for an Echoes version of Binding Blade and Blazing Blade, and here I am just hoping that we get a localized Virtual Console release of New Mystery of the Emblem. :p

For what it's worth though, Binding Blade will almost definitely be remade before Blazing Blade. Not only has Intelligent Systems expressed interest, but it was also never released in the West.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
@ RE: Creators Episode 8
Bandana Dee3 Bandana Dee3 since you're watching it too
wHAT THE ****
wHAT THE ACTUAL ****
tHIs IS NOT OKAY
tHIS IS NOT ****ING OKAY
**** you hiroe
**** you aoki
i can't ****ing believe you did this to me
this was supposed to be just a fun battle series when did you ****ing turn this into Madoka X Fate/Zero crossover go **** yourself i didn't sign up fot this **** i don't want to get on this ride yet again
Also, I guess I got half-magical lesbian girls?? Does shooting lighting count as being a magical girl???
Why did they kill the best developing character?!?!? this is too much

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I am going to have to ask youu for more pictures of fuzzy cute animal bottoms. They bring out my happy

You would not believe the sheer volume of dogs "cute animal butt" brings up in Google Image Search.

Which, like the Hank Hill of ass, is also pleased to deliver both butt and butt accessories.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People are asking for an Echoes version of Binding Blade and Blazing Blade, and here I am just hoping that we get a localized Virtual Console release of New Mystery of the Emblem. :p

For what it's worth though, Binding Blade will almost definitely be remade before Blazing Blade. Not only has Intelligent Systems expressed interest, but it was also never released in the West.
Besides, FE6 is a terribly balanced game with characters that desperely need more, well, character.
I could make a really huge list but I'm not feeling it right now
Why did they kill the best developing character?!?!? this is too much
She looked like an american patriot waving the US flag with those death flags all over the place.

Still, I wouldn't call her dead yet, at least we haven't seen her final moments.
Rule of anime: if they don't show the body, they ain't dead yet

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Why am I sleeping on a couch? What the hell is Azure doing here? Why does it feel so hot in this house? Why am I feeling slightly dizzy? What the bloody hell is going on?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

If anything a remake of FE6 would almost have to be a remake of both FE7 and FE6.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why am I sleeping on a couch? What the hell is Azure doing here? Why does it feel so hot in this house? Why am I feeling slightly dizzy? What the bloody hell is going on?
Said this once and I'll say it again, you were F-A-I-N-T-E-D yesterday.

As for what am I doing here, I don't know. Ask Mr. & Mrs. Smith that. I'm sure they will tell you everything since I'm not allowed to leave.

Kidnappers.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Apparently, you fainted due to heat exhaustion; Azure watched over you while you were resting. Seems like the most likely cause of this was due to the lack of air conditioning in a room you were present in.

I can recall fainting once before back in March, speaking of which, but that was most likely due to a lack of water in my system. Perhaps what you experienced was somewhat similar to my case?

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wild? I want to ****ing to kill Troyca for that final scene

At least my prediction seems to have been right, most thought Setsuna killed herself due to internet critics but I doubted it was just that, especially with how Sota acted
Going from what he and Magane said though, it seems he got jealous of Setsuna's talent and... well, it hits harder when that person is a close friend
Poor guy was TERRIFIED when he saw that she knew it

Also, damn, that LWA game looks GUREAITO!
>PS4 only
Why must you test me, Trigger?

Yeah, I really hope she isn't dead. Even though it's likely.
I am also curious on Sota side too.

Literally zero comedy in this episode.
So the football/soccer game negativity was the source for Croix's power to destroy the Grand Triskelion (I guess)
Hana and Barabra finally aren't douchbags this time around. This episode also shows us that Akko is getting too hot headed on getting the seven words, which we already have seen it in the previous episode. So this episode did tone Akko a bit down, in a good way of course.
Croix was really really bad, I mean I already know she is going to be a really cheeky antagonist in this episode, but I didn't she's that bad. Making Akko doubting Ursula/Chariot is really a very very evil but cliche move, and it nearly worked.
Until we saw her and Chariot's flashback to kind of know the breaking point of their friendship, so Chariot was chosen to be the master of the staff, and Croix was kind of shocked that only she can hold the staff and not her. You can tell on Croix's face that she was really really mad. Anyway, I was kind of confused on why Croix didn't stop Ursula to save Akko, her intention was to fool Akko by climbing to the tree, but why didn't she stop Ursula when she still has the chance? By looking at the later flashback where we see Chariot was also feeling guilty on being the owner of the staff and apologizes to Croix, and what a surprise to some, Croix hugs Chariot (Oh boy, incoming massive Chariot X Criox fanarts) and kind of accepts her being the owner of the staff. Which corresponds to Ursula and Akko apologize to each other, so I don't think simply Croix not being the owner of the staff is what drives her to go on to do what she is doing right now. I was once again surprised that the sixth word came out so quick though. So I bet Ursula and Akko and having a stronger bond, while Croix is probably going do her main scheme on the next episode.
Just so many feels man.
And LWA game PS4 only for now does feel bad... but the game being on a home console does feel promising that it can meet AAA game standard.
I mean I see no reason for it not coming to Switch, graphics are okay and not too powerful despite the gameplay is not final. I am sure the gameplay will mostly go only 2.5D. Last but not least, it's developed by Bandai Namco.... they also made a My Hero Academia fighting game on the 3DS. So many anime/manga based video game tend to go to Nintendo consoles. So even though it will be Japan only, I want the game on Switch so I can play LWA on the go.
I also love the gameplay hub where Akko, Lotte, and Sucy's icon are in hair only silhouette, which looks so cool.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Said this once and I'll say it again, you were F-A-I-N-T-E-D yesterday.

As for what am I doing here, I don't know. Ask Mr. & Mrs. Smith that. I'm sure they will tell you everything since I'm not allowed to leave.

Kidnappers.

Why can't you leave? Don't you have to helpnyou grandfather on the same day? Usually they would be fine doing everything themselves or having me do everything. I don't need any adult supervision when I they can do it.

Apparently, you fainted due to heat exhaustion; Azure watched over you while you were resting. Seems like the most likely cause of this was due to the lack of air conditioning in a room you were present in.

I can recall fainting once before back in March, speaking of which, but that was most likely due to a lack of water in my system. Perhaps what you experienced was somewhat similar to my case?
I'll admit, I didn't drink a single ounce yesterday, I was doing pre-Memorial Day preparations among other things.

Need to get to the bottom of this.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I just want the rest of the games we never got to be remade,

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
(Sorry I haven't been active -- I've been busy. Feel free to tag me/message if you guys ever have any problems/ questions though :) )
Oh? We can ask about any questions or address problems we may have right now? In that case...

WHERE'SSMASHSWITCHPUSHDUSTININEEDITNOWORELSE
:p

Being serious, Nintendo recently put up their Summer of Play website:

http://www.nintendo.com/events

One of the games being shown off is Smash Bros for 3DS... which is quite odd. Why would they show off the 3DS version of the game when it's a few years old at this point? Is it a way to advertise the possible Switch version? Or is it just a way to garner more sales for the game on that platform? The only other released 3DS games that are playable throughout the next few months of the event is Sun/Moon and Mario Maker for 3DS, so perhaps its specific? I hope I'm not scraping the bottom of the barrel with this theory, but I think it's quite plausible.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why can't you leave? Don't you have to helpnyou grandfather on the same day? Usually they would be fine doing everything themselves or having me do everything. I don't need any adult supervision when I they can do it.

Need to get to the bottom of this.
Things along the lines of "you need to keep watch of her all day in case it doesn't happen again. She needs you more than ever" and "I know you want to stay with your family, but we really need you"

When the hell since I was ever important to them? I bet this is all one big excuse to have some extra help with their barbecue. I could have been helping and eating fresh fish from my grandpa. But nooooooooooo.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
On a different unrelated note,
mario123007 mario123007 , @Shishœ, I'm afraid to say I haven't watched any new episodes of LWA since I saw it in that showing and I REALLY should catch up once my summer break begins on June 8th or 9th (or I could quit being lazy and try to catch up sooner).

But I saw the posts about the game, and it looks amazing. Here are more images of it (especially of the precious cinnamon roll as said by Shi):

Would it be wrong of me to say that this is one of the best stylized games based off an anime that I've ever seen? It actually feels like you're in an episode of the anime or just in the anime as a whole. :)

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Oh? We can ask about any questions or address problems we may have right now? In that case...

WHERE'SSMASHSWITCHPUSHDUSTININEEDITNOWORELSE
:p

Being serious, Nintendo recently put up their Summer of Play website:

http://www.nintendo.com/events

One of the games being shown off is Smash Bros for 3DS... which is quite odd. Why would they show off the 3DS version of the game when it's a few years old at this point? Is it a way to advertise the possible Switch version? Or is it just a way to garner more sales for the game on that platform? The only other released 3DS games that are playable throughout the next few months of the event is Sun/Moon and Mario Maker for 3DS, so perhaps its specific? I hope I'm not scraping the bottom of the barrel with this theory, but I think it's quite plausible.
Patience is a virtue!

I've heard that theory before. It might be Nintendo just trying to push the 3DS more as Smash and Pokemon are very strong titles.

My thinking is this: If Smash is not shown at E3, then it's a full-fledged sequel. If it is, then the rumors I and others reported on are true and it's a limited content game (Like MK8:D). I think Smash is in development either way -- it's too big of a IP for Nintendo to ignore.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Patience is a virtue!

I've heard that theory before. It might be Nintendo just trying to push the 3DS more as Smash and Pokemon are very strong titles.

My thinking is this: If Smash is not shown at E3, then it's a full-fledged sequel. If it is, then the rumors I and others reported on are true and it's a limited content game (Like MK8:D). I think Smash is in development either way -- it's too big of a IP for Nintendo to ignore.
It certainly is a virtue, my friend. :p

You could be right, honestly. But as with any theory in any case, anything can happen. :)

I'm one of those people who would favor a port over a fully fledged sequel; I believe Smash 4 is in a perfect spot and that going to Smash 5 would be pointless for the most part. Just keep adding in content, similar to what Overwatch and other games of its kind does over the years, and that'll be it. Besides, I'm sure Nintendo wants to get Smash moved over to the Switch ASAP with the Wii U now being irrelevant for the most part outside of Smash.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Things along the lines of "you need to keep watch of her all day in case it doesn't happen again. She needs you more than ever" and "I know you want to stay with your family, but we really need you"

When the hell since I was ever important to them? I bet this is all one big excuse to have some extra help with their barbecue. I could have been helping and eating fresh fish from my grandpa. But nooooooooooo.
They think of you as a large emergency button. I would have been better off alone in that case. My parents fear that they may be too busy this day that neither of them can watch me. If they needed the extra help, the least the could have did was ask one of the neighbors to help. It's kind of embarrassing having you walk around with me like I'm a child in need of a chaperone.

Aaauuuuurrgggh, my head is already hurting from trying to process this.
Maybe some Steven Universe marathoning should ease the mind.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i dont know why but knowing what we know about sakurais work ethic i just dont think a port of smash 4 switch would have limited content added, i eman if sakurai isnt working on it then i can see that, but if he is id imagine hed go at it adding in everything he could that he wasnt able to previously

D

Deleted member

So, uhm, I was browsing through Tumblr and this Kobayashi gif showed up.
4feb0ab4-e512-42d0-ba03-89e4998be29c.gif
I need context, like, right now.
I thought it was just some silly slice of life when did this turn into hentai?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
also something to consider about a smash 4 port, no miiverse stage
Kind of a blessing and a curse.

On one hand I won't be able to see any more crudely-drawn penises.
On the other hand I won't be able to laugh at the crudely-drawn penises.

I...ran into those more often than I thought I would.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom