• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I need to tackle my procrastination habits at home...

I seem to work better on the nighttime, but that leaves me with little time to relax with what I want to do after.
I keep goofing off on the internet at home during the day to get work done. >.>
I did that yesterday for some homework. I woke up at 3 P.M. ._.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
If only the Falco boards had attention. I feel like a teacher or a principal at a rundown school...

Anyway, lots of Diddy and ZSS talk going on in the competitive section.
Well, the Zelda social thread talks more about Doc right now than the Doc threads themselves. It's dumb when you think about it.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
If only the Falco boards had attention. I feel like a teacher or a principal at a rundown school...

Anyway, lots of Diddy and ZSS talk going on in the competitive section.
Shocking!

Also,

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You're not alone. The Pikachu boards don't have a lot of attention...at least for now.
Also, inb4 "Why is Diddy so easy mode? He was fun to use in Brawl. I hate what the developers have done to him."
"ZSS is a very technical character. Up B KOs early!" :troll:
The irony is that pretty much everyone agrees that Pikachu is a dangerous and good character, especially Shaya, but nobody seems to do anything. Theoretically, there should be people pouring into the Pikachu boards. Same with Ike who everyone's probably seen Ryuga's Ike, but nope.

It's understandable with Falco who everyone considers trash even if there's evidence against it, but it's sad when Mii Swordfighter gets more attention... Hell, Dr. Mario is rising up since people finally understand that Doctor Tornado has the same priority as Luigi Cyclone and that the Doc's recovery is fine if it's more horizontal because of Doctor Tornado.

Part of me wants to ask random character boards how they feel about their MU against Falco. Hell, the only character board I'm aware of that has talked about a Falco MU was Lucina's, thanks to Locuan asking. Everyone else focuses on the top and well-known characters like how does Mario go against Rosalina & Luma or Greninja vs. Captain Falcon.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
The irony is that pretty much everyone agrees that Pikachu is a dangerous and good character, especially Shaya, but nobody seems to do anything. Theoretically, there should be people pouring into the Pikachu boards. Same with Ike who everyone's probably seen Ryuga's Ike, but nope.

It's understandable with Falco who everyone considers trash even if there's evidence against it, but it's sad when Mii Swordfighter gets more attention... Hell, Dr. Mario is rising up since people finally understand that Doctor Tornado has the same priority as Luigi Cyclone and that the Doc's recovery is fine if it's more horizontal because of Doctor Tornado.

Part of me wants to ask random character boards how they feel about their MU against Falco. Hell, the only character board I'm aware of that has talked about a Falco MU was Lucina's, thanks to Locuan asking. Everyone else focuses on the top and well-known characters like how does Mario go against Rosalina & Luma or Greninja vs. Captain Falcon.
It's annoying, that's for sure.
I think I know the matchups ten times better for top tiers than characters like :4peach: or :4metaknight:. Heck, I still don't know how to beat a :4olimar: or a :4gaw: since nobody talks about them. It's a shame that people only focuses on the top.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Honestly, I think Falco's better in this game than he was in Brawl. At least for me, as he was the hardest to play out of the 3 space furries in Brawl, but I play him way better than Fox in this game.

Soul.

A senator in Smashboards thinks a Pokémon is top tier. Good, good. Well, of course everyone thinks Pikachu is good. It was buffed from Brawl. I agree though, people should go there, but nah. The character is just great. Although custom moves might make it "worse" apparently. I dunno why.

I've heard good things about Ike. 1.0.4 did wonders for him. Customs make him better and all that stuff. What do they think about Marth though? Is he still good because I've been wasting my time trying him out in FG with some "good" players.
Wi-Fi warriors man.

Falco will be the star of the show eventually. It's just a matter of time.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

To be fair, right now the metagame is still trying to find its place.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
So you named a Pokemon after a Xenoblade character? Yet you did not choose Dunban or Reyn. For shame.

I remember when I fought Wally on Victory Road. It wasn't too bad for me personally(Unlike a certain Champion). But I remember Mega Evolving Blaziken when had his Gallade. One-shotting it with Blaze Kick.
Because Swellow's a flying type and Melia's a high entia. Also, the Swellow was a female.

I lost to Steven and then decided to go to sleep. I swear that I'm going to beat it today though.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, the Zelda social thread talks more about Doc right now than the Doc threads themselves. It's dumb when you think about it.
They talk about random stuff like in this thread too. The issue is that I don't know much about competitive stuff - I am learning bit by bit -, I don't really know how to read frame data - I should ask -, and since I never moderated anything, I don't really know what to do. I also can't do much if there's not a lot of discussion. What am I going to do? Spam the thread? Yeah, I'll have fun being banned.

It's annoying, that's for sure.
I think I know the matchups ten times better for top tiers than characters like :4peach: or :4metaknight:. Heck, I still don't know how to beat a :4olimar: or a :4gaw: since nobody talks about them. It's a shame that people only focuses on the top.
I and some others try to make mentions of characters like that, but it's more or less agreed that Peach is good, but very technical and is probably the most technical character in the game. Meta Knight is like Sheik, but with less range and isn't as safe. Olimar/Alph, well, people were talking about him in the section, and Mr. Game & Watch people say is kind of weird. He has good moves, but it's that he kills sort of later especially considering his weight which is an issue. Mr. G&W has to commit hard compared to other characters, especially Sheik.

People don't really know how to use Falco and people don't really know how to fight him. All the time, you'll see people just not know that his Bair kills, his Fair gimps - not as hard as pre-1.04 -, Uair juggles and kills, and Dair isn't as useless as people think. Hell, the fact he's been in three SSBs and is a semi-clone of Fox doesn't stop people from not knowing he has a Reflector. People walk into that **** all the time. Add in that people don't know his Dtilt kills, Ftilt spaces well, Down Smash is an amazing punish and spacer, Side Smash remains a powerful, early kill-punish, Up Smash and Utilt combos early on unlike say, Mario's Utilt being able to combo early, but Up Smash can't. Blaster? The useless move? Yeah, it can gimp a person's second jump, but it's situational. Still, if it lands on say, Bowser, then Bowser's screwed.

The other thing is that Falco can't really be played like everyone else or like his previous characters. Like everyone else, he can combo out of D-throw or Utilt, but he can also combo off of Up Smash, Dtilt which basically acts as a launcher, and his movement speed can be deceptive. How? He has four options: Dash, walk, jumps/hops, or Falco Illusion.

Oh, and as I'm typing, there's a match of Peach and Olimar on the Paragon 2015 stream. Hell yes.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
They talk about random stuff like in this thread too. The issue is that I don't know much about competitive stuff - I am learning bit by bit -, I don't really know how to read frame data - I should ask -, and since I never moderated anything, I don't really know what to do. I also can't do much if there's not a lot of discussion. What am I going to do? Spam the thread? Yeah, I'll have fun being banned.

I and some others try to make mentions of characters like that, but it's more or less agreed that Peach is good, but very technical and is probably the most technical character in the game. Meta Knight is like Sheik, but with less range and isn't as safe. Olimar/Alph, well, people were talking about him in the section, and Mr. Game & Watch people say is kind of weird. He has good moves, but it's that he kills sort of later especially considering his weight which is an issue. Mr. G&W has to commit hard compared to other characters, especially Sheik.

People don't really know how to use Falco and people don't really know how to fight him. All the time, you'll see people just not know that his Bair kills, his Fair gimps - not as hard as pre-1.04 -, Uair juggles and kills, and Dair isn't as useless as people think. Hell, the fact he's been in three SSBs and is a semi-clone of Fox doesn't stop people from not knowing he has a Reflector. People walk into that **** all the time. Add in that people don't know his Dtilt kills, Ftilt spaces well, Down Smash is an amazing punish and spacer, Side Smash remains a powerful, early kill-punish, Up Smash and Utilt combos early on unlike say, Mario's Utilt being able to combo early, but Up Smash can't. Blaster? The useless move? Yeah, it can gimp a person's second jump, but it's situational. Still, if it lands on say, Bowser, then Bowser's screwed.

The other thing is that Falco can't really be played like everyone else or like his previous characters. Like everyone else, he can combo out of D-throw or Utilt, but he can also combo off of Up Smash, Dtilt which basically acts as a launcher, and his movement speed can be deceptive. How? He has four options: Dash, walk, jumps/hops, or Falco Illusion.

Oh, and as I'm typing, there's a match of Peach and Olimar on the Paragon 2015 stream. Hell yes.
Well you know, some people still forgot that Doc has a cape. So each time they shoot projectiles, I send them back with my cape. They don't see it coming. Why ? I dunno.

I would love to moderate the Doc section, but I'm not sure if I would have the time to do it. And it's still pretty dead right now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well you know, some people still forgot that Doc has a cape. So each time they shoot projectiles, I send them back with my cape. They don't see it coming. Why ? I dunno.

I would love to moderate the Doc section, but I'm not sure if I would have the time to do it. And it's still pretty dead right now.
My favorite part is when they still spam projectiles even after knowing I can cape them.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
To be fair, right now the metagame is still trying to find its place.
The issue is more characters being written off almost instantly like Falco, Wii Fit Trainer, Olimar, Dr. Mario, and Samus or characters who have made results, but are just MIA like Ike. SSB4 feels like the most balanced SSB and early on, it would be nice to have pretty much everyone show up, but that's not the case. Oh well, what can you do?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
The issue is more characters being written off almost instantly like Falco, Wii Fit Trainer, Olimar, Dr. Mario, and Samus or characters who have made results, but are just MIA like Ike. SSB4 feels like the most balanced SSB and early on, it would be nice to have pretty much everyone show up, but that's not the case. Oh well, what can you do?
Maybe if some guys would actually show up on dead threads to revive them.
But people prefer to focus more on monkeys and bouncy ninjas than on doctors or birds.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well let's face it, characters with bigger publicity (like Mac, Diddy and Rosalina to name a few) are generally bound to get more attention. But like I said, the metagame is still early. Once we get feet planted somewhere we can move on from there, and hopefully then underrated characters will get more attention. Remember Brawl Olimar?

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
At least it's more exciting when the less popular characters win. Which actually happens thanks to Smash 4's wonderfully balanced roster! :)

As much as I love to praise Smash 4's balance part of me is scared that someone is going to discover a gazillion balance issues every time I mention it.

D

Deleted member

Talking about threads, I don't follow the Dr. Mario Social Thread that much. Then again, it's because of Dedede (I don't check his boards either). Maybe one day I will. :troll:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
That's, uh, a peculiar image you decided to use.
Oh no, he saw the real Dogg. Quick Snoop, transform, now !
tumblr_mv5ic37Vxs1rueoffo1_500.gif

At least it's more exciting when the less popular characters win. Which actually happens thanks to Smash 4's wonderfully balanced roster! :)

As much as I love to praise Smash 4's balance part of me is scared that someone is going to discover a gazillion balance issues every time I mention it.
I hope too. Smash 4 needs to stay balanced.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I have a funny story for you

So after I beat Ghot, it was still the first day. I went to go temper my sword, then I went to the powder keg guy to take his test, passed it, and spent hours at the Goron Racetrack complaining about the other racers bad sportsmanship because they're knocking me off the road so I'll obviously lose until I finally get first place at like 10:00 AM the second day, then I finished the rest of the stuff you need to get the Gilded Sword, then I played the song of time to save and return to Dawn of the First Day, went to the Bomb Shop in West Clock Town to buy a Powder Keg and then I realized I FORGOT TO TELL THE POWDER KEG GUY IN GORON VILLIAGE THAT I BLEW OPEN THE ENTERANCE TO GORON RACETRACK BEFORE PLAYING THE SONG OF TIME. (So yeah, I'm such a bad girl for having to take the test twice when I've never retaken a test in school before.)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't go to the Lucario boards often, but when I do, it's to pick on any meta-changing techniques for Lucario. I'm nowhere near the best Lucario player, but that doesn't mean I don't aim towards becoming a better Lucario user.

Soul.

Indeed, Smash 4 feels like the most balanced one. I think every character is viable, even if some end up being bottom / low tier. The characters you mentioned are just being slept on. Everyone needs to give the other characters a chance. We don't want Smash 4 to be stale.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I want to go to to see what up, but the last time I went there a lot people was jumping on the Marth sucks now bandwagon. I hope the wheels of the wagon fall off and everyone on the wagon fall into a pit.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I want to go to to see what up, but the last time I went there a lot people was jumping on the Marth sucks now bandwagon. I hope the wheels of the wagon fall off and everyone on the wagon fall into a :4darkpit:.
I don't play :4marth: well even in Melee so I can't give a fair assessment.

Oh and FIFY.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I want to go to to see what up, but the last time I went there a lot people was jumping on the Marth sucks now bandwagon. I hope the wheels of the wagon fall off and everyone on the wagon fall into a pit.
tumblr_neus7mJ0US1s5ach1o3_400.gif

I'll dodge the bandwagon anyway.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Maybe if some guys would actually show up on dead threads to revive them.
But people prefer to focus more on monkeys and bouncy ninjas than on doctors or birds.
Bouncy ninjas. Are we talking about Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive or SSB here? :smirk:

I don't go to the Lucario boards often, but when I do, it's to pick on any meta-changing techniques for Lucario. I'm nowhere near the best Lucario player, but that doesn't mean I don't aim towards becoming a better Lucario user.
And somehow, that's how I became a mod for the Falco section. That or it's because I'm the most active SSB4 Falco guy on Smashboards since I love bringing him up everywhere.

Talking about threads, I don't follow the Dr. Mario Social Thread that much. Then again, it's because of Dedede (I don't check his boards either). Maybe one day I will. :troll:
You made several threads there too. :laugh:

I might want to try my hand at data-mining... Somehow, I feel like I'm not going to have fun... The more I think about advocating Falco, the more I feel like I have to enter competitions and prove everything about him... Damn my anxiety, laziness, and lack of a Wii U...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I found the future in the eyes of the Tumblr-ocracy:
I'm gonna have to disagree because,
:4shulk:: DA FEWCHA IZ OURZ TWO DECIDE!
:4lucina:: I CHALLENGE MY FATE!

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I might want to try my hand at data-mining... Somehow, I feel like I'm not going to have fun... The more I think about advocating Falco, the more I feel like I have to enter competitions and prove everything about him... Damn my anxiety, laziness, and lack of a Wii U...
:4falco: is hard to play in tournaments. Do you think you could make him look good ? If so, then I hope that you'll try to bring him on the competitive scene, cauz' dis bird needs it.

I would love to bring more :4drmario: on the scene, but I'm in France. And there's no competitive Smash stuff there. Yeah, it sucks to live in France.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So I have a funny story for you

So after I beat Ghot, it was still the first day. I went to go temper my sword, then I went to the powder keg guy to take his test, passed it, and spent hours at the Goron Racetrack complaining about the other racers bad sportsmanship because they're knocking me off the road so I'll obviously lose until I finally get first place at like 10:00 AM the second day, then I finished the rest of the stuff you need to get the Gilded Sword, then I played the song of time to save and return to Dawn of the First Day, went to the Bomb Shop in West Clock Town to buy a Powder Keg and then I realized I FORGOT TO TELL THE POWDER KEG GUY IN GORON VILLIAGE THAT I BLEW OPEN THE ENTERANCE TO GORON RACETRACK BEFORE PLAYING THE SONG OF TIME. (So yeah, I'm such a bad girl for having to take the test twice when I've never retaken a test in school before.)
So long story short...

you were a girl this whole time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom