• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
prepears ur anus 4 mind blow.

The square root of 9 is 3.
What is the first thing you think of when you see 3? That's right.

View attachment 44278

butts m8,call me Billy Mays,cause there's more!
How many sides are on a triangle? 3.
How many steps does it take to make an eye?
  1. Curve upwards
  2. Curve downwards
  3. Shade in the middle of the two pieces
Yes,once again,it is a 3.
But what could possibly hold all those three step-

View attachment 44279

oshizzlem8

If Windows 9 conframed
HL3 is conframed
but Illuminati wud be conframed
Therefore,Windows 9 cannot happen,and neither can HL3.

I know my child,it sounds :083:,but :177:worry,many can agree with me.
No Sinnoh confirmed 420/666 :troll:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
View attachment 44279

oshizzlem8

If Windows 9 conframed
HL3 is conframed
but Illuminati wud be conframed
Therefore,Windows 9 cannot happen,and neither can HL3.

I know my child,it sounds :083:,but :177:worry,many can agree with me.
But if the Illuminaughty got Chromfirmed, then 9 would be a trinity of trinities. And Tobago.

Huh? Geddit now? Huh? :4darkpit: All in all, 7.8/10, too much water per IGN.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The biggest victim of GamerGate was Fez 2; Phil Fish cancelled that game like 37 times lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But if the Illuminaughty got Chromfirmed, then 9 would be a trinity of trinities. And Tobago.

Huh? Geddit now? Huh? :4darkpit: All in all, 7.8/10, too much water per IGN.
ooh m8

upload_2015-3-25_21-30-51.jpeg

They were 3 objects.
The square root was there for a reason.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Are we talking about the same gamergate? Because I don't think we are. The gamergate I'm thinking of is a movement that sprung up to harass an innocent indie developer for the heinous crime of being a woman who makes video games, using the excuse of a blatantly false accusation that really shouldn't have been a problem even if it was true because a woman's sex life is her own business!

If it was ACTUALLY about journalistic integrity, they'd focus on the bribery aspect, which would have been just as valid with one of the many stories of monetary favors in exchange for good reviews, not the "a girl ****ed someone who isn't me boo hoo" aspect.

I know journalistic integrity does have serious problems, but for the sake of your dignity, I suggest you don't march under such a shameful banner.
...So let me ask you a question. How many gamergaters have you actually took the time to talk to? Have you gone to KYM for example and ask the gamergaters about their thoughts?

Also, people weren't concerned about the fact the girl slept with someone. People were concerned about how Depression quest was getting positive praise potentially for the fact she slept with reviewers. No one cared about her life in bed.

Also, no one was even that harsh about it. Everyone was like "Hey, we would like to know about this relationship as it might affect the review you are giving the game."

Their response? "Gamers are dead." THEN people got mad.

People fail to disclose conflicts of interest all the time, and the American gaming industry is made up of fewer people than we generally think, so it wasn't really a surprise. He wasn't about to say "I slept with the creator of this game."

Also, "gaming journalists" biting the proverbial hand that feeds them, not surprising. I watched this all unfold, just don't give them clicks.

This isn't really a thing most people like to talk about anymore.
We can change it though. We HAVE changed it for both IGN and Escapist. Even if just a little for other sites.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wait, I'm confused. What is GamerGate more about; sexism or journalistic integrity?
It doesn't help that this conversation is rather hard to follow when mixed in with the other stuff. :ohwell:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Plot Twist: The Iluminati triangle is a square

...yeah Im bored... Inb4 sued by Flight again

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Windows 10!!1one

I DONT RECALL A 9

:006:
Because 9 would be a downgrade.

[Collapse="HEY GUYS LOOK AT THIS UPGRADE FOR WINDOWS 9"]
F15F61B3-8691-4089-92C8-A21B50283CCD.JPG
[/collapse]

:troll:

...So let me ask you a question. How many gamergaters have you actually took the time to talk to? Have you gone to KYM for example and ask the gamergaters about their thoughts?

Also, people weren't concerned about the fact the girl slept with someone. People were concerned about how Depression quest was getting positive praise potentially for the fact she slept with reviewers. No one cared about her life in bed.

Also, no one was even that harsh about it. Everyone was like "Hey, we would like to know about this relationship as it might affect the review you are giving the game."

Their response? "Gamers are dead." THEN people got mad.

We can change it though. We HAVE changed it for both IGN and Escapist. Even if just a little for other sites.
Weren't Quinn, and other prominent female game-related figures like Sarkeesian, doxxed by Gamergate? Along with their friends and families?

'Cuz even if you don't agree with someone, doxxing is unforgivable. I wouldn't even sympathize with a doxxer who doxxed a maniacal criminal.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Square root?

Squares have 4 sides, not 3.

You just activated your own trap card, Swagluigi! :grin:
0/10 not good name,has no WA.
Also,note the word trinities.
trinities
triangle

Plot Twist: The Iluminati triangle is a square

...yeah Im bored... Inb4 sued by Flight again
oshizzlem8.
What if the two triangles create a square...that creates two eyes....
Illuminati has a face! Once we find the missing features,the face of Illuminati will be revealed! :drflip:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Wait, I'm confused. What is GamerGate more about; sexism or journalistic integrity?
It doesn't help that this conversation is rather hard to follow when mixed in with the other stuff. :ohwell:
It's about Journalistic Integrity and ethics. It's just the anti side likes to spin it to look like sexism because it helps themselves look better and not at fault.

Also people like Anita and Brianna Wu can play victim to get money.

Because 9 would be a downgrade.

[Collapse="HEY GUYS LOOK AT THIS UPGRADE FOR WINDOWS 9"]View attachment 44283 [/collapse]

:troll:

Weren't Quinn, and other prominent female game-related figures like Sarkeesian, doxxed by Gamergate?

'Cuz even if you don't agree with someone, doxxing is unforgivable. I wouldn't even sympathize with a doxxer who doxxed a maniacal criminal.
No, she was not doxxed by gamergate. She might've been doxxed by someone and for all I know that person could've supported gamergate, but that doesn't mean gamergaters are doxxers.

If you are thinking of Brainna wu, she doxxed herself then blamed it on Gamergate.

Also, you are conveniently leaving out these "Female game-related figures" also have done some doxxing like Ranndi Hooper.

R0Y

Smash Master
It's about Journalistic Integrity and ethics. It's just the anti side likes to spin it to look like sexism because it helps themselves look better and not at fault.

No, she was not doxxed by gamergate. She might've been doxxed by someone and for all I know that person could've supported gamergate, but that doesn't mean gamergaters are doxxers.

If you are thinking of Brainna wu, she doxxed herself then blamed it on Gamergate.

Also, you are conveniently leaving out these "Female game-related figures" also have done some doxxing like Ranndi Hooper.
Guys, this is the militancy I'm talking about. The truth usually lies between two extremes....

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, @Flight, you will laugh.

So, I tried to setup again virtualbox for using my Windows (which was from my legit license of my laptop, same hard drive) and this caused weuird stuff with the license key. Because the hard drive was moved to another hardware (not even the same motherboard), well, it detected that my key didn't worked, but even told that I might be victim of counterpart?????

Yeah, totally am illegal, wow.

But here's the funniest thing ever, they told that because the hardware changed, I could reregister the key to the new hardware, but I had to use the automated phone system....

You basically hear an annoying guy talk and you just put numbers.....like 60 of them....really annoying only to get the question how much computer I installed it, I was dumb and said 2 and it failed.....

But I did it again and said 1 just to see and it passed!

THAT IS FREAKING DUMB!!!!

Then, they tell you 60 numbers....AND IT WORKED!!!!!

But here's the thing....I think they only allow one computer AT A TIME. Cause windows still tells me my copy is genuine (it actually didn't before because my key needed activation). I think I would have to recall them again to use another hardware, but obly the hard drive was the same.

And btw, I can safely give 4gb and 2 cores to my vm because sweet intel core i5-4690 :)

So, I'm not hype for Windows 10, but at least I can play and laught at it :)

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I don't know who to believe about this because I have absolutely no knowledge on this topic...
Mainly because I've been avoiding it like the plague...
And thats fine, you don't have to pick a side if you don't want to. This isn't a thing that needs to be done after all. It is just video games.

I myself, just don't want to see gaming freedom taken down by journalistic cliques.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

Wu and Hooper are not among those I sympathize with. (Sarkeesian really IS a victim, though – I may strongly disagree with her views, but have you seen the nature of some of the threats she's gotten? I wouldn't even wish those kinds of things on Hitler, let alone someone like Sarkeesian whose only crime is arrogance.)

I should probably give a second thought about the movement as a whole, but there's still just something creepy about it that I can't shake.

R0Y

Smash Master
I don't know who to believe about this because I have absolutely no knowledge on this topic...

I think we can all agree that Brianna Wu is obnoxious and should be ignored.

And that doxxing is just plain wrong.

A real issue I'd like to talk about (but I'm probably the only one) is ISIS and the recent terrorists in France.

This image sums up what I think of them.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think we can all agree that Brianna Wu is obnoxious and should be ignored.

And that doxxing is just plain wrong.

A real issue I'd like to talk about (but I'm probably the only one) is ISIS

This image sums up what I think of them.
ISIS is a topic I've been trying really hard to forget exists because
A. It's ****ing awful
B. I can't do anything about it

So consequently, I know nothing about it as well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's time for me to sleep,ST.
It's 1929,Black Tuesday is here,I wonder who will start the flame war/downfall. Maybe it would be @ Saikyoshi Saikyoshi since he apparently hates Melee so much. :troll:

Oh well,see you tomorrow.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
There can only be one good Pokémon region.
Come at me.
DPP is best.
See, while everyone went crazy for the Hoenn remakes, I wasn't really that hyped. Cuz I'm saving all my hype for those DPPt remakes!

And those tacky scarfs that the protags wear better return :awesome:

That being said, to the Underground!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I found a song of Falco's downfall. :p

And there's these two wacky things, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMUYuABQYjU and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0RI7x7ZPk.
The video lagged hard for me at the end.... just like Falco's Down Aerial in Sm4sh :troll:

Same thing here, it escalated too much so is kinda dangerous (because it messes opinions, and the fight of both sides causes some confusion) and complex to get involved there.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
ISIS is a topic I've been trying really hard to forget exists because
A. It's ****ing awful
B. I can't do anything about it

So consequently, I know nothing about it as well.
Having a strong opposition to religious fundamentalism might help though.

Pride you took
Pride you feel
Pride that you felt when you'd kneel

Not the word
Not the love
Not what you thought from above

It feeds
It grows
It clouds all that you will know
Deceit
Deceive
Decide just what you believe

I see faith in your eyes
Never you hear the discouraging lies
I hear faith in your cries
Broken is the promise, betrayal
The healing hand held back by the deepened nail

Follow the god that failed

what the **** are we talking about
lets talk about 20xx
199X is okay too.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Wu and Hooper are not among those I sympathize with. (Sarkeesian really IS a victim, though – I may strongly disagree with her views, but have you seen the nature of some of the threats she's gotten? I wouldn't even wish those kinds of things on Hitler, let alone someone like Sarkeesian whose only crime is arrogance.)
Yes, death threats are awful. But how she and Jon Mcintosh are handling are bad. They are taking advantage of it for financial and political game.

Again, I don't justify death threats, no matter what those two do. They aren't perfect little angels themselves and blaming it all on Gamergate doesn't help anyone.

Also, she is a con artist. For one thing, she hasn't finished her series she promised years ago to finish and is even now making a spin off of it.

Then there is the victim thing I mentioned where she is using it to get money for her paetron.

Then there is Jon the puppeteer using it for his political agenda.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Yes, death threats are awful. But how she and Jon Mcintosh are handling are bad. They are taking advantage of it for financial and political game.

Again, I don't justify death threats, no matter what those two do. They aren't perfect little angels themselves and blaming it all on Gamergate doesn't help anyone.

Also, she is a con artist. For one thing, she hasn't finished her series she promised years ago to finish and is even now making a spin off of it.

Then there is the victim thing I mentioned where she is using it to get money for her paetron.

Then there is Jon the puppeteer using it for his political agenda.
I'm glad we agree on both that they are scum of the Earth and that they don't deserve what's been done to them.

People who are both on the receiving end of something horrible and ARE something horrible makes moral sympathies rather confusing.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've seen like dozens of windbox videos and yet they never get old. This is one is no exception.
Also, I also have no idea what that other video you linked was about. Perhaps it's an inside joke?
Yeah, from what the comments said, it's probably an inside joke.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I leave for five minutes to check on it to make sure nobody tagged me or anything,and we get depressing.
I told you,we're in the Great Depression now. :4pacman:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Having a strong opposition to religious fundamentalism might help though.
Pride you took
Pride you feel
Pride that you felt when you'd kneel
Not the word
Not the love
Not what you thought from above
It feeds
It grows
It clouds all that you will know
Deceit
Deceive
Decide just what you believe