• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Unpopular opinion: I think we need Purple Charizard in the game because we need more reps.
What is the definition of a rep? What is a rep? I repeat, what is a rep? Where did this word come from?

D

Deleted member

I wonder why they didn't go back to it when Lucas was scrapped. Nothing against Lucas fans though, though.

:231:
Because apparently porting Brawl assets to Smash 4 is easier than porting Melee's. :troll:
They could've remade it.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I wonder why they didn't go back to it when Lucas was scrapped. Nothing against Lucas fans though, though.

:231:
And then give Lucas, if DLC, this victory theme.

Unpopular opinion: I think we need Purple Charizard in the game because we need more reps.
What is the definition of a rep? What is a rep? I repeat, what is a rep? Where did this word come from?
Short for 'representative'. A word that was really popular here during Brawl speculation days, on par with 'shoe-in'.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But Charizard is my favorite pokemon ;-;
Shokio: Charizard is a lizard and lizards come in all shapes and sizes unlike Metroid's pet dragon. Dragons, people, are always going to be considered big as **** and should not be downsized.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Good work dude! I actually find the Spear guys to be slightly easier to parry, but that may be due to the hours of grinding in Anor Londo I've done.
Yeah, Royal Sentinels are really ****ing annoying. They have an AoE attack and they heal. They're kinda BS. If you don't want to fight them though, they're quite easy to avoid.
You should grind for souls so you can buy Twinkling Titanite from the Giant Blacksmith, as upgrading your Crest Shield's stability will be EXTREMELY helpful in any situation, especially in Anor Londo.

By the way, just a heads up: The boss in Anor Londo is gonna ****ing destroy you. :chuckle:
Good grief. Def glad I haven't attempted to really fight them. Most I did was go down the step only to have both of them come after me. I quickly went back up the steps after that.

My biggest problem with the Spear guys is that I can't figure out the timing to parry the two handed attack they do to swing the spear, if it even is parable. The Sword guys on the other hand I've been getting down pretty good, as long as I don't fall for their shield bash attack I am usually golden against them.

I'll also keep that in mind about the Twinkiling Titanite. I also wanna get my Endurance stat up some more as well so I can put on some heavier armor so I can boost my poise up, but the only other armor I have from my current set-up is weaker in most areas (Pyromancy set and Dingy set) or much heavier (Silver Knight set and Black Iron set) so I'm kind hoping to get my equip load a little higher so that I'm not slowed down too much by the Silver Knight set.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
You can just eat them or throw them away you know.
The problem is I just ate a huge sandwich (hamburger, sausages, lettuce, tomatoes, eggs and cheese: the almight X-everything) and drunk about 500 mls of Coke, so yea.
Also there are about 30 fries here and I don't want to throw them away.
I'm just leaving them on the side of my table, like a lure, to see if someone comes and asks for some so I can pass down the whole bag of fries on them.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
SUCCESS. The bait worked.
Looks like I even made a new friend in class.

Soul.

Short for 'representative'. A word that was really popular here during Brawl speculation days, on par with 'shoe-in'.
It makes no sense to call characters "representatives" when you're playing a character, not a representation of a character. I don't even.
Representation:
the description or portrayal of someone or something in a particular way or as being of a certain nature.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It makes no sense to call characters "representatives" when you're playing a character, not a representation of a character. I don't even.
They used it as a representative of the franchise they're from, IIRC. Can't remember the exact deal about it.
And the meaning of the word 'shoe-in' was forever lost after the Brawl roster got leaked. Ridley was one, Geno was one, Mewtwo was one and so on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They used it as a representative of the franchise they're from, IIRC. Don't know the exact deal about it.
And the meaning of the word 'shoe-in' was forever lost after the roster got leaked. Ridley was one, Geno was one, Mewtwo was one and so on.
At least the latter character is coming back as DLC (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series) for Smash 4 so people can rejoice.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
We need more Yoshi's Island/Game and Watch reps.
Poochy and Flatzone gas station lady for Smash Bros 5!

:troll:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
At least the latter character is coming back as DLC (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series) for Smash 4 so people can rejoice.
I was talking about the Brawl roster, but I understand your confusion. I fixed it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I missed Ness's Melee victory theme the most.
I agree, Ice Climbers, Ness and Mr. Game & Watch from Melee all should have come back.
If I was in charge of the victory themes in Smash 4:
- Bring back Ness's from Melee (Lucas isn't even in the game!)
- Bring back G&W's from Melee
- Bring back the Zelda victory theme from Melee
- Make Sonic's the mission clear theme from Heroes instead of 06

That is all.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Franchise representation
A way of saying character per franchise
3 Fire Emblem characters, 3 Fire Emblem reps
I think

Last edited:

Soul.

They used it as a representative of the franchise they're from, IIRC. Can't remember the exact deal about it.
And the meaning of the word 'shoe-in' was forever lost after the Brawl roster got leaked. Ridley was one, Geno was one, Mewtwo was one and so on.
So is this correct?
"Ridley WAS going to be a shoe-in"

D

Deleted member

I agree, Ice Climbers, Ness and Mr. Game & Watch from Melee all should have come back.
If I was in charge of the victory themes in Smash 4:
- Bring back Ness's from Melee (Lucas isn't even in the game!)
- Bring back G&W's from Melee
- Bring back the Zelda victory theme from Melee
- Make Sonic's the mission clear theme from Heroes instead of 06

That is all.
Actually I agree with everything on this post.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Good grief. Def glad I haven't attempted to really fight them. Most I did was go down the step only to have both of them come after me. I quickly went back up the steps after that.

My biggest problem with the Spear guys is that I can't figure out the timing to parry the two handed attack they do to swing the spear, if it even is parable. The Sword guys on the other hand I've been getting down pretty good, as long as I don't fall for their shield bash attack I am usually golden against them.

I'll also keep that in mind about the Twinkiling Titanite. I also wanna get my Endurance stat up some more as well so I can put on some heavier armor so I can boost my poise up, but the only other armor I have from my current set-up is weaker in most areas (Pyromancy set and Dingy set) or much heavier (Silver Knight set and Black Iron set) so I'm kind hoping to get my equip load a little higher so that I'm not slowed down too much by the Silver Knight set.
All of the spear knight's attacks can be parried, but the spin attack is definitely the hardest one for me too, especially considering they can wait a little bit before releasing it.

Also, fair warning: It is really hard to ever break out of mid roll with any heavy armor as a spellcaster. Instead of wearing any heavy armor, I suggest you work towards Vitality instead (for now). I capped my vitality at 30, my dex at 45, and had 5 attunement and I still had a **** ton of endurance. From that point on the game was basically easy mode.

My suggestion to you - that Black Eye Orb that you got? Use it. Kill the world master it takes you to, and equip the ring he drops and never take it off. It gives you equip load, hp and stamina but it breaks if you remove it, but if you're like me you'll never want to take it off.

Soul.

That's clearly his shadow on Pyrosphere
He's going to fly and everything
Tower of Smash
pls believe me
bruh I don't even know what are you talking about get that thing outta here I don't need to see your fake leaks.
Well, you could say he was a shoe-in, but at the same time wasn't.
Ah, good, old, painful memories about Brawl speculation. I missed you.
Smash 4 speculation is 100% worse than Brawl speculation. Remember September 13?

D

Deleted member

bruh I don't even know what are you talking about get that thing outta here I don't need to see your fake leaks.

Smash 4 speculation is 100% worse than Brawl speculation. Remember September 13?
Man. That was a good Dave. :4diddy:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
All of the spear knight's attacks can be parried, but the spin attack is definitely the hardest one for me too, especially considering they can wait a little bit before releasing it.

Also, fair warning: It is really hard to ever break out of mid roll with any heavy armor as a spellcaster. Instead of wearing any heavy armor, I suggest you work towards Vitality instead (for now). I capped my vitality at 30, my dex at 45, and had 5 attunement and I still had a **** ton of endurance. From that point on the game was basically easy mode.

My suggestion to you - that Black Eye Orb that you got? Use it. Kill the world master it takes you to, and equip the ring he drops and never take it off. It gives you equip load, hp and stamina but it breaks if you remove it, but if you're like me you'll never want to take it off.
What do you mean break out of mid roll? But I'll keep that in mind about working towards Vit instead.

Yea, the Black Ord start quivering on me when I got to the area with those Royal Sentinels thing. But I don't want to use it till I have the other enemies in the area taken down.

D

Deleted member

While I'm not much into YouTube nowadays, I just noticed this one slight change they made to the website when listening to extended VGM... the main site font changed from Arial to Roboto. Makes sense, as Android also uses that font.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom