• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, they did have a point. How come we haven't banned everyone yet? They're all too broken.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I panicked over a Club Nintendo e-mail. I thought someone hacked my account.
Turns out my soundtrack is shipping.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It was a troll post.
If you had at least skipped to the bottom you would have realized that.
He wasn't serious.
It was a joke.
Like I said, even if the OP was a troll, there are genuine supporters like @MonK4 (who has been, in the past, vocally against character diversity) who I just... I can't believe them.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Would you read a wall of text that began with something to the effect of, "we shouldn't allow schools to add books published after 2001 to the library, that's too much for kids to learn"?

No. Because it's incredibly stupid.

Satire does not exist. Even if the OP didn't mean it, there is a large drove of supporters who genuinely believe it, for that is the nature of the human race.
First of all, yes, I would read that, because it's so crazy that it has to be read to be believed
Second of all, that's really stupid.
Satire DOES exist. You literally CAN'T deny that.
To try to deny it is just stupid.

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
I thought I finally had a chance to relax, then someone goes and makes me angry all over again.

I didn't need to beyond "ban all newcomers".

The very idea is just so ludicrous. If you can't handle a large number of situations and adapt on the fly to surprises or new elements, you have no business playing fighting games.

NO WONDER the long-stale snoozefest known as the Melee metagame is still somehow kicking...
It's a joke of the satire
Would you read a wall of text that began with something to the effect of, "we shouldn't allow schools to add books published after 2001 to the library, that's too much for kids to learn"?

Satire does not exist. Even if the OP didn't mean it, there is a large drove of supporters who genuinely believe it, for that is the nature of the human race.
http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

He's making a imitation of Johnathan Swift's Modest Proposal, it's in the title. He means to take the arguments for banning customs at EVO and tries to debunk them by using those same argument to suggest banning new characters. It's 100% not legit just meant to disrespect the other arguments.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

Huh...I realized just now you were moreso targeting MonK4's objections rather than the original satirical post. Apologies for the misunderstanding, carry on.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
First of all, yes, I would read that, because it's so crazy that it has to be read to be believed
Second of all, that's really stupid.
Satire DOES exist. You literally CAN'T deny that.
To try to deny it is just stupid.
Rule #1 of humanity: "some ****face actually believes it. No exceptions."

It's a joke of the satire

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

He's making a imitation of Johnathan Swift's Modest Proposal, it's in the title. He means to take the arguments for banning customs at EVO and tries to debunk them by using those same argument to suggest banning new characters. It's 100% not legit just meant to disrespect the other arguments.
A Modest Proposal nearly backfired horrendously as well. People actually were considering following it, remember.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Still, they did have a point. How come we haven't banned everyone yet? They're all too broken.
I say we ban Smash altogether

Satire does exist, just because there is a number of supporters who actually want newcomers banned doesn't make that post any less of a joke
>_>

Last edited:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
A Modest Proposal nearly backfired horrendously as well. People actually were considering following it, remember.
Oh yeah, you're right about that... I still think it is clever and I 100% doubt that anyone is actually going to ban characters. (At least not anyone sane.)

Making good points, sir! :dr^_^:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Gee, thanks Diddy Kong.:4diddy: Now it's getting all intense up in here.

We need a happier topic than the inherent stupidity of the human race.
Like rainbows and sunshine and how I jumped the gun/shark and made a Smash 5 Roster already.:4sonic:

(wild card), (new character), (new character), (gen 8 Pokemon), (whatever Mario character gets me yelled at the least),
Isaac, Choir Boys and/or (new R H/P character), Dixie Kong, Pauline, Simon Belmont,
:wolf:,:popo:.

:4megaman:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-mo...d-not-be-allowed-at-evo.392853/#post-18657221
I am personally offended by this flagrant, toxic abuse of moderator power to oppress differing viewpoints. Red Ryu is obviously pushing his agenda in spite of all the evidence that Thinkaman brought to the table of the Smash community. If this gets enough upopinions to spread the word, @Red Ryu will be removed from his unjustly privileged status as a moderator so he can no longer suppress real dissent from the 3x5 index card of pre-approved opinion like the neo-Stalin he is. thank you for your contribution
That thread is an excellent piece of satire. I was almost crying tears of joy.

:231:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
'Sup people.
Still writing my stuff. I progressed the transcript of the trial a bit. Of course, I'll need to change some dialogues in it, but so far, the characters are themselves.

Anyway, who wants to battle on 3DS with custom moves ? I'm up for some.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pretty sure that this isn't the first time someone in a Competitive Board has made a joke thread making the same proposal.

You guys gotta chill out.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No, I just thought I would post a little off topic.
Unless there is some actual Smash announcement or event, actual Smash discussions are rare.

Also, there is no such thing as off-topic here. Any and every topic is allowed (within the site rules, of course.)

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I won't be watching EVO tournament Because melee is there. :troll:
But in all seriousness I don't know who is going to win and I don't care. I think none of my main will be there for I can learn new moves to up my game.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If you have a username in 4-player Smash for glory, always put Win before the name if you are victorious in the previous match and then watch the other three players bum rush you.

Very fun.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey, how do I insert images from the internet? Again, I'm new to magical forum powers.:urg:

:4darkpit:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Anyone wants to battle on 3DS ? Please ?
I'm bored and want to have fun with custom moves.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey, how do I insert images from the internet? Again, I'm new to magical forum powers.:urg:

:4darkpit:
- Right-click an image.
- Click 'Copy Image'.
- Paste wherever you want.

If you have the image's link, enclose it within [img] [/img] tags.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yaaaaaaaay. Now I can be just as crazy as the rest of you!:4wario:
Or would, if I had any communication skills. :urg:

*EDIT* May have to ask more about url image linking so everything I post isn't puny, tho. :4lucario:
*DOUBLE EDIT* Or maybe I just found a bad example. :urg:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Meanwhile, with Project M.

Okay, really nobody wants to play on 3DS ? That's sad.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yaaaaaaaay. Now I can be just as crazy as the rest of you!:4wario:
Or would, if I had any communication skills. :urg:

*EDIT* May have to ask more about url image linking so everything I post isn't puny, tho. :4lucario:
Picture's too small - 0/10

For everyone without microscopic vision, here's the full-sized comic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom