• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I got an infraction once because Smashboards was deserted and I was replying to threads to the point where I almost had the whole first page with my username in the Last Message column.

Also, I was drunk. Not that there's an infraction for drunk posting.

Some people here seem drunk all the time...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fun Fact: In the days of old, there used to be a General Stupidity Infraction.

Wish it were still here. :p

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well you don't have to post just anything when you're bored.
Yes I do.
It's just how Bedoop works.
Do you Bedoop?
I think that's the biggest misconception here.
I'm not Misconcepting anything. :b
You could do something more productive instead.
Such as...?
And bringing public attention to it is not going to change my..."strictness" one bit. Fair warning.
I bring public attention to anything I feel like.
I have free will. :4pacman:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I got an infraction once because Smashboards was deserted and I was replying to threads to the point where I almost had the whole first page with my username in the Last Message column.

Also, I was drunk. Not that there's an infraction for drunk posting.

Some people here seem drunk all the time...
Using alcohol/drugs to act stupid is for amateurs. It has become a habit for me to act stupid relentlessly.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Fun Fact: In the days of old, there used to be a General Stupidity Infraction.

Wish it were still here. :p
I would be gunning so hard to be a mod if that still existed. I'd be the hero Smashboards deserves. But not the one it needs.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's automatically generated based on the type of infraction you input.
Thus continuing my theory that mods are secretly a database on intelligent robotic life trying to possess our human bodies much like The Matrix.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes I do.
It's just how Bedoop works.
Do you Bedoop?

I'm not Misconcepting anything. :b

Such as...?

I bring public attention to anything I feel like.
I have free will. :4pacman:
I mean, if you have nothing better to do than post "oh golly gee, look at these infractions I have!" every other day, then there are two things I'd suggest doing. One is to stop getting infractions. And the other is, well, taking a break. There's more to life than forum posting. Join a club, read a book, fix a wristwatch, spend time with family...there's lots of alternatives.

All of those are much better ways of spending time than saying, "I have lots of infractions. Look at me!" You're fifteen. You've got lots to do in life. What better way than by getting a head start?

And the misconception, once again, is that you need to post every five seconds. You don't.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I used to want to be a mod. Not so much anymore.
I don't think I would enjoy it very much. Or do a good job of it. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

It's automatically generated based on the type of infraction you input.

Though you can change the conversation title to be whatever, but that takes more work, and as such I don't do it as often as IsmaR does. :p
Oh, so the system is like other forum sites, I see.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
Well you don't have to post just anything when you're bored. I think that's the biggest misconception here. You could do something more productive instead.

And bringing public attention to it is not going to change my..."strictness" one bit. Fair warning.

You're the real M.V.P :4pacman:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If someday (I hope never) I get an Infraction, I hope IsmaR does it by writing the PM in spanish

Morbi

Scavenger
I mean, if you have nothing better to do than post "oh golly gee, look at these infractions I have!" every other day, then there are two things I'd suggest doing. One is to stop getting infractions. And the other is, well, taking a break. There's more to life than forum posting. Join a club, read a book, fix a wristwatch, spend time with family...there's lots of alternatives.

All of those are much better ways of spending time than saying, "I have lots of infractions. Look at me!" You're fifteen. You've got lots to do in life. What better way than by getting a head start?

And the misconception, once again, is that you need to post every five seconds. You don't.
Fix a wristwatch? That seems somewhat out of place. Do they even make wristwatches anymore? In an era where we have more accurate and convenient clocks in our phones, the only reason to wear a wristwatch would be to demonstrate that you are classy.

Morbi

Scavenger
Being infracted is not an accomplishment. Why post about it?
Why post about anything? It all goes back to the fundamentals you learned in elementary school. One writes: to entertain, to inform, or to persuade.

This falls under the entertainment category. I believe this started as a joke but everyone took the core element of the post and ignored the joke itself to give themselves the moral high-ground for whatever reason.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Things used to be so much better around here when I was a mod, indeed...

I miss those days lol. Late 2014, right? Not sure.
Yeah, I resigned from moderation in December of the last year.

And that's enough Smashboards for today. I'm off. See ya.

D

Deleted member

Yes I do.
Because the ride never ends.

Not like my Family cares about me all that much anyway
I'm not sure if you post them for "comedic" purposes. Don't think they are, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thanks for the help, guys. I know I'll never get into the Back Room, but I figured I would answer the questions to the best of my insanity, anyway.
Just in case. :4megaman:

:4dedede:The fluff on King Dedede's Amiibo is almost sparkly. I approve. :4dedede:

Morbi

Scavenger
I have no idea what's going on :)
Nothing is really going on. I mean, we are all just sitting or standing or lying by our computer monitors, typing away. Type, type, type. You did not miss anything important. I suppose we are discussing the merits of bragging about infractions, very important high-level subject matter if I do say so myself.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I used to want to be a mod. Not so much anymore.
I don't think I would enjoy it very much. Or do a good job of it. :smirk:
I don't see the glamor of being a mod
You have to go around reminding immature peeps to stop being immature peeps, pretend people actually look at the rules, hold back from infracting every stupid post you see, and you get seen as a fun hating person for just reminding peeps of rules you didn't make
Only positive is the red name :happysheep:

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
These thread titles are getting so lame go for something cooler like:

for anybody asking yes I've been watching a lot of Shofu streams lately

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't see the glamor of being a mod
You have to go around reminding immature peeps to stop being immature peeps, pretend people actually look at the rules, hold back from infracting every stupid thing and you get see as a fun hating person for just reminding peeps of rules you didn't make
Only positive is the red name :happysheep:
To be fair, if moderators did not want to be moderators, they would not be moderators. Apparently, those types of people get a kick out it. Kind of like prison guards, I mean, who wants to be a prison guard?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Nothing is really going on. I mean, we are all just sitting or standing or lying by our computer monitors, typing away. Type, type, type. You did not miss anything important. I suppose we are discussing the merits of bragging about infractions, very important high-level subject matter if I do say so myself.
God forbid someone uses mobile Smashboards

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
To be fair, if moderators did not want to be moderators, they would not be moderators. Apparently, those types of people get a kick out it. Kind of like prison guards, I mean, who wants to be a prison guard?
Somewhere out there little Johnny Johnson is dreaming to be a prison guard
Good job Morbid :4pacman:
Funny, I'm using mobile Smashboards at the moment.
Same :121:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Inb4 one user says he/she wants to be a mod and thus kills his/her hopes of being one :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom