• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal / West Coast Pound 3 Attendees

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Pound 3's in a month. Can we get an official list?

Plank convinced me to go today so I am 99% to go -- I'll be 100% when I buy my ticket, which will probably be later today.

So quick overview, this is what you're looking at for cost:

Plane ticket: $250+ (cheaptickets.com had like $244 the other day)
Pound 3 registration: $70
Food / housing: Extremely variable, but better to be safe than sorry. Pound 3 is providing two meals a day and snacks, so food shouldn't be much at all... Housing is tricky as East Coast doesn't have much housing; pretty much just Hat. I advise you to contact him ASAP if you haven't (his AIM: GloobGlop). The earliest he can house is Thursday.

Considering going to the East Coast is a rare event, I would personally like to arrive there a couple days early if possible. I know this was mentioned briefly by Hugs I believe, but we got less than a month so why don't we try to get on the same page as a region. I will be getting housed by Hat on Thursday and then splitting a hotel with Plank and co. Fri / Sat, but I would prefer to come in Tuesday or Wednesday to hang out with the East Coast, smash with all the great players, party, mingle, etc.

So basically, who is everyone that's going, and who would be down coming a day or two early and we all just split a hotel room and play MD/VA and just chill?

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
What? A post by Neighborhood P that doesn't contain hatred, angst, or criticism?

I'm not going, I just thought I should point out the above.

araknophobik

Smash Master
got no money due to a series of financial slumps
i would have 250$ right now had my stereo not been stolen 2 weeks ago
maybe it was fate...but ima go buy a lotto scratcher and try my luck there

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
****, i really wanna go since Bum and pkmvodka are both going...that would be sick. Argueably, the three best DK's in the world at one tournament....****...lol

But i dunno..thats a lot of money...and i assume that price is for flying from socal and i'm in norcal...I dunno...probably not...

khepri

Smash Lord
I'm going, it only cost me a total of $200 though. Hopefully I run into some of you there, assuming Mango and crew don't miss their ride again...

Top Bottom