• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So your Online Brawl doesn't work.....

mrwynd

Smash Rookie
It's not you. It's not your controller. It's not your Wii. It's Nintendo's servers. This happened to Smash Bros in Japan as well and they obviously didn't change anything for the US release.

http://kotaku.com/366692/brawl-online-not-working-nintendo-says-try-again

Dont waste your time trying to change settings on your Wii/router/etc. The only times people seem to get any games to work even semi-reliably is through friends. It doesn't matter if you live next to each other, it has to hit the Nintendo server.

ProudNTSC

Smash Cadet
Weelll..I was having the "Disconnected from the network" error alot, but I already knew that Shop/internet channel would always go from slow to stop in speed, I was pretty shure it was me. I figured I had bad wirless reception, so I got the LAN adatper and hooked my modem up directly, and I can ACTUALLY stay connected. WOO.
So THAT was me, and when it got around 10 pm and later, I was able to find people to play "with anyone" at a steady pace. Shure, it would take a while, or a least it should go FASTER having so many people play, but I could understand if the servers are flooded.

My point is, I would always get disconnedted from the network, but that was beacuse my Wii had a weak connection to the router. Cut out the router, and I stayed connected the whole night. If you get OTHER errors NOT having to your network connection, then its the WFC servers. PLEASE REMEBER THAT IF YOU CANT PLAY, PEOPLE.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm wired in now and I still can't connect most of the time, even to friends.

It hangs on the "Joining game" screen forever or disconnects me after a few minutes.

Top Bottom