• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, who's worried about the influx of Mewtwo players?

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
While Mewtwo wasn't exactly my preferred fighter in Melee, looking at his trailer and noticing his Melee moveset hasn't changed has me wondering, as a Robin main, how much it's going to suck against Mewtwo players.

His Side B may be able to reflect Robin's Projectiles.

His Down B may be great at disabling Robin's zoning(assuming they buffed it's range)

Then again, I'm very likely just being a worrywart. Would anyone else think Mewtwo is a solid counter to Robin?

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
Well considering half the cast is pretty much a solid counter to Robin, I wouldn't be that surprised if Mewtwo wins the Match up, but right now everything is just speculation at this point. For all we know is that Mewtwo would be too slow to get past Robins Spacing game.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Slower than Robin...hard to imagine, but yeah, it's all speculation.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
We are going to WHOMP Mewtwo. He's large and extremely floaty. Straight juggle bait.

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
We are going to WHOMP Mewtwo. He's large and extremely floaty. Straight juggle bait.
Kind of too early to say that, but we might be able to beat him. If he was as slow as he was in melee, while being floaty then yeah it doesnt matter if he can reflect projectiles or not he won't get past our hit boxes.

AlienWarhead

Smash Cadet
The surge will die down after a while and people will still play other characters because not everyone is going to like Mewtwo or they want to see how their main handles Mewtwo.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Considering the demand for Mewtwo and Lucas...and Sakurai's habit of complying to fan demand. I don't know, I mean, I'm seeing a LOT of Ness players lately online since Lucas's reveal

Top Bottom