• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS So... Who's still gonna be online on 3ds November 21?

Corngamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corngamer
3DS FC
0645-5918-0354
I hadn't thought about that. But palying on-the-go is more convenient. I'm not bringing a Wii U on a plane. Hopefully you can link your 3DS and Wii U For Glory stats. That would make the decision of which system to paly on less pressing.

TheAverageBear

Smash Rookie
Me, don't have a HD tv/monitor in my room atm (looking to fix this), so nowhere to hook my Wii U up to (the Wii U is at my Dad's right now, because of this). Also, I have friends who as far as I know don't have Wii Us and I don't think they plan on getting them.

EDIT: Also, it's not out until Dec 5th here as Moydow pointed out, so that's another thing.

Last edited:

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
So many pompous @55ed know it all's in this thread

«sigh»

I can't. Just can't. Haters gonna hate....that is established, but wow lol so many smash elitist Wii U nutswingers. I think a few of you chose the 3DS Smash subforum by mistake >_>

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
Hate to say it, but I'll never touch the 3DS version again after the Wii U version is out. Even if I was on a long airplane ride. I don't really like the controls compared to the Gamecube controller.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
It's not a case of what's going to be "better". 99% would play the Wii U version anytime when they had the chance, but we have to realize, you're not always given the choice. Either you're traveling, you can't or WON't afford a Wii U version since you're broke/they're so similar, or your friends won't have their own Wii U version to play you with online.

If you have the luxury of money and the luxury of choice, you'll probably play the Wii U version. Smash Run could've been a deciding factor, but it's not because it ain't online.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
A lot of people are saying they will because they don't have a Wii U or their not getting one. This is just as I expected. Exclusives sell systems, and with their being a 3DS Version of the game it's not going to sell as much as it would've if it was a Wii U exclusive.

Well, I guess WITH games like Smash the Wii U will slowly inch it's way up...

As for me, I'll probably play Smash 3DS with my friends who don't have a Wii U. But mainly, the Wii U version is going to be dominant for me.

Last edited:

MisterFine

Smash Rookie
NNID
CleMax
3DS FC
1864-9215-9518
I don't even have a Wii U, so I'll definitely be dominating the servers on 3ds. :kirbymelee:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Theres two reasons why the 3DS has the new smash bros.

One is its powerful enough to actually run it, so they might as well since its a huge product.
Other is the Wiiu does not have anywhere NEAR the sales the 3DS does. I have a Wiiu and i often wish i never got it, theres almost no games for it the pad ticks me off and it may have been cheaper than the other consoles it still wasnt cheap. I basically bought it for 1 game lol big mistake.

3DS will probably be way more popular just because more people have a 3DS, not because its the better version. I'll get it for the wiiu because i suspect it will have better/more online options, not to mention big screen tv ftw.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
I own a 3DS and Wii U already but I will still play the 3DS version for the fact that some of my friends can't afford a next gen console at the moment and besides its PORTABLE SMASH, why would stop playing it?

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Maybe a little but otherwise I don't see why anyone would be. MAYBE if they wanna play someone particular and THEY don't have Wii U.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Maybe a little but otherwise I don't see why anyone would be. MAYBE if they wanna play someone particular and THEY don't have Wii U.
Well, if the whole 'Tower of Smash' mode is true, then I can defiantly see why people don't prefer Smash U. And of course, I know some won't just buy a WiiU just for Smash U.

Last edited:

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
I forgot that Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire are due out on November 21st. If I'm able to get my hands on a copy of one, I won't be online... On Smash Bros., at least.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Because it's portable and on Wii U it isn't...
I mean its portable mean you can pull it out and play it just about anywhere to kill time. If there just so happen to be Smashers around and have a 3DS and the game you can play it. If you have to wait your turn at a tourney, you can always pull the 3DS version and play, so yes it does have its advantages.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Well, if the whole 'Tower of Smash' mode is true, then I can defiantly see why people don't prefer Smash U. And of course, I know some won't just buy a WiiU just for Smash U.
What are you even talking about? Tower of Smash bares no weight in this...

I mean its portable mean you can pull it out and play it just about anywhere to kill time. If there just so happen to be Smashers around and have a 3DS and the game you can play it. If you have to wait your turn at a tourney, you can always pull the 3DS version and play, so yes it does have its advantages.
Yes, and that's why I said "travelers". But it doesn't matter how good the 3DS version is (and it's very lackluster without the comparison). Wii U has the graphics, more content and Gamecube controller. ONE of them is enough for it to completely render the 3DS version useless, UNLESS you fall in to one of the 3 categories I mentioned before.

Last edited:

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
I will because I am not getting a Wii U until Christmas time but I will be gone December 5th for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix :p

D

Deleted member 269706

I will definitely spend much less time on Smash Bros 3DS, but I won't forget about it. And don't forget about everyone who doesn't have a Wii U. There are millions of people who will have the 3DS version and won't have the Wii U version because they don't own a Wii U. The 3DS will still have several people online, don't over think it.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
What are you even talking about? Tower of Smash bares no weight in this...

Yes, and that's why I said "travelers". But it doesn't matter how good the 3DS version is (and it's very lackluster without the comparison). Wii U has the graphics, more content and Gamecube controller. ONE of them is enough for it to completely render the 3DS version useless, UNLESS you fall in to one of the 3 categories I mentioned before.
And I am saying it won't be completely abandoned regardless of how much superior the Wii U version that is all. It won't be ditched, there's room for this version.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
I plan on becoming the queen of the 3ds smashing scene, tbh.

Queen Quinn Gerpington the 3rd shall be a just and kind queen off the battlefield, but on the battlefield they shall call me the iron maiden, for I shall trap you between rosalina and luma and torture you to death, muhahaha.

I.E. I shall be playing the 3ds version for quite sometime. So come to me, long time 3ds players. We shall form an army.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
What I meant was people might not prefer the WiiU version as they find Tower Smash boring compared to Smash Run. (That's how me and some others feel.)
*facepalm* Dude... Like I've said before. The graphics, the size of the screen, the controller, and the more content. Just ONE of these makes the Wii U version obviously superior. There's no debate in that. So whatever the modes actually are doesn't matter because the game is still the same core game. And thus the above points (except content) shows that it's better on Wii U. AND people are very much not liking Smash Run...

And I am saying it won't be completely abandoned regardless of how much superior the Wii U version that is all. It won't be ditched, there's room for this version.
A tiny bit... For travelers, people with no Wii U or people who really wanna play with friends who has no Wii U. That's it.

Last edited:

g00dapollo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Barayas
3DS FC
0061-0892-6923
I still plan on playing it from time to time. My tv isn't always free. Plus, Smash on the go is something I've wanted since I was a kid. Why would I stop playing it just because I have a home version too? Icing on the cake.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I definitely plan on playing the Wii U version heavy when it drops. I'll prolly only play the 3DS version for long car/bus rides

Nasreth

Smash Cadet
I don't have a Wii-U and don't intend on buying one. So it's all 3DS for me :D

Synzer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Synzer
3DS FC
0817-4230-0108
Is Nintendo still motion control heavy?
The Wii U still uses motion control if that's what you mean. Smash Bros. doesn't use it though, just like it didn't on the Wii.
If it has new characters, which I think it will, then I am going to get the Wii U version no doubt.
Both versions have the same characters.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
I'm probably sticking with the 3ds version until I got the money for a Wii U and Smash 4 on there... because that New 3DS that is coming is gonna drain my wallet when I get enough money.

Last edited:

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I need to buy a second Wii U so I will pick up my copy of Smash Wii U without the console. Once I have enough money to buy me another Wii U, I might drop Smash 3DS for the most part.

Synzer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Synzer
3DS FC
0817-4230-0108
I'll be playing both, will have to see when the game comes out to tell which I'll play more. Besides Smash Run, from what I can tell the games are pretty similar. They were made so you could just play whichever version you want the most. I'l play the Wii version more when I'm alone or if people come over, but my friends have a 3ds and no wii u so I'll play online with them a lot on the 3DS.

It all personal preference guys, we shouldn't shoot down either versions of the game.

I'm treating the 3DS version as kind of like a taste test for the Wii U version, almost how Ground Zeroes was a small taste of Phantom Pain. After the Wii U version is out, I'll probably almost never touch the 3DS version again. Maybe when I'm travelling somewhere, but I rarely ever do that.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I will not stop playing the 3DS version but I will mostly only play it on the go any other time will be spent on the Wii U version.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I'm actually kind of worried I won't be able to transition from the Ds to the WiiU. What if I can't adjust to the controls? Don't know if I'll even get a WiiU, guess I'll just see how things play out.

Top Bottom