• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS So... Who's still gonna be online on 3ds November 21?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I might sometimes. I will have the wii u version, but I might just play on 3ds cause I can bring it over to a friend's house. If a patch made smash run have an online capability with friends, definitely would still be on it. But my gamepad doesn't reach everywhere in my house, so a 3DS is great for before bed playing.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
The 3DS version serves two purposes. 1. Something to do when you're out and about with friends. 2. An appetizer to hold the community over until the real game comes out.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Oh no, I hadn't thought of this... But, I live in a studio apartment with my partner and only one TV, so I can't hog it the whole time. Maybe I'll play on *shudder* Wii U Gamepad.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You'll probably gonna be the only one on earth.
Nice trolling, but no.

The 3DS player base is massive, WAY bigger than the Wii U player base. So there will be tons of people still playing Smash 3DS even after Smash U is released.

Maybe I'll play on *shudder* Wii U Gamepad.
The Wii U Gamepad is great. I will be playing solely on it when I pick Smash U.

Last edited:

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
Yeah, no, I'm not saying the Wii U is bad, I just can't really afford it at the moment and people act like the whole community will be getting Wii U's just for Smash

Reila

Yeah, no, I'm not saying the Wii U is bad, I just can't really afford it at the moment and people act like the whole community will be getting Wii U's just for Smash
This community isn't very smart. Just look at all these threads of people thinking Smash 3Ds will be abandoned after Smash Wii U is released :laugh:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
None of the competitive community will be playing on the 3DS except when maybe traveling in the car or whatnot. Non competitive types will play on the 3DS since the install base is so much bigger, but all the best players are gonna be using the Wii U version. The addition of the c stick is going to increase your options so much, it's going to speed the game up tremendously.

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
Well with mk8 hyrule Warriors starfox U and *fingerscrossed* pokken fighters. There will be a lot of reasons.

This community isn't very smart. Just look at all these threads of people thinking Smash 3Ds will be abandoned after Smash Wii U is released :laugh:
I feel you on that. I have a wii u but the main reason I'm not getting right away is cuz I JUST got this version and all of a sudden I have to prep for the console version AND the gc adapter.... IN A MONTH. Nope.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Since I don't own a Wii U... yeah, unfortunately. Hopefully one day, I'll be able to afford one.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
None of the competitive community will be playing on the 3DS except when maybe traveling in the car or whatnot. Non competitive types will play on the 3DS since the install base is so much bigger, but all the best players are gonna be using the Wii U version. The addition of the c stick is going to increase your options so much, it's going to speed the game up tremendously.
Yep. Gamecube controller vs 3DS. Not even close.

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
Gawain, I actually disagree. I think some people do like playing on 3ds, and especially with the new 3ds on the horizon the 3ds will be as much a controller as the game pad with the addition of the cstick, zl and zr. Not only that, but people who prefer the 3ds version can bring their style right over to the wii u, since wii u smash will allow for a 3ds as a controller. So while it may not be the main platform, I think some competitors will stick with 3ds

Reila

all the best players are gonna be using the Wii U version.
If by that you mean tourney players, then nothing of value will be lost then.
Gawain, I actually disagree. I think some people do like playing on 3ds, and especially with the new 3ds on the horizon the 3ds will be as much a controller as the game pad with the addition of the cstick, zl and zr. Not only that, but people who prefer the 3ds version can bring their style right over to the wii u, since wii u smash will allow for a 3ds as a controller. So while it may not be the main platform, I think some competitors will stick with 3ds
Madness!! No one enjoys playing the 3DS version :p

Last edited:

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
I don't anticipate getting the WiiU version before Christmas, but even then I'll still play the 3DS one for sure.

redreflect

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-2415-2514
I don't have a Wii U and most likely won't be getting one, so I will be online!

Last edited:

Lord P Wallington

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0688-5453-3611
I'll still barely play on the 3ds but the gamecube controller is so much more comfortable that it will be hard not to switch to the wii u

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
I'm obviously in the minority but I actually really do like playing on the 3ds, as I get more competitive I will just bring it to tournaments, like I mentioned in the last post

Reila

I'm obviously in the minority but I actually really do like playing on the 3ds, as I get more competitive I will just bring it to tournaments, like I mentioned in the last post
Actually, no, you are not in the minority. The 3DS version plays greatly, the circle pad isn't half as bad as the vocal minority in this place claims it to be (it is actually very responsible) and while a GC controller is obviously more comfortable than a 3DS (only the 360 controller is superior when it comes to comfyness), the 3DS still feels good to hold and play.

Plus, as I showed with the picture in one of my previous posts, the 3DS player base is massively bigger, so Smash 3DS will be played regardless of the existence of Smash Wii U. Honestly, the only reason I am buying Smash Wii U is because I will get the system in the following weeks (only because I have an amazing BF who bought it for me). Otherwise, I would keep playing solely the amazing 3DS version of the game.

This place would be a lot better if people stopped assuming everyone is playing Smash 3DS only because Smash Wii U isn't out yet.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
The C 'stick' on the new 3DS is a nub. It's like the nub you sometimes have on a laptop. That is not even anywhere near the same thing as the c stick. Also, the slide pad is inferior in terms of input speed and accuracy as a regular gated stick. I would put money on never seeing a 3DS controller in the top 8 of any tournament once the Wii U version comes out.
Passive aggressive much? If you are somehow arguing that the competitive players are somehow not objectively better than the non competitive types, that's pretty hilarious. They put more time and more effort into learning the game. You do realize what this site was founded upon right? It's deeply rooted in the competitive smash scene. To say something like that is to take a dump on the entire community. Why you feel the need to defend the 3DS' competitive viability and act so aggressively towards anyone who disagrees with you makes no sense to me.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Well since I had the Wii U a long time ago and It was pretty much a waste of money I'll probably not be on my 3DS AS MUCH. I'll still play it because its a portable version. But only when I'm out.

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Warning Received - Double Post, Flaming
You'll probably gonna be the only one on earth.
You are nothing but wrong.

Madness!! No one enjoys playing the 3DS version :p
Yeah uh, you're either stupid or you don't understand opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
I didn't realize the wii U version was coming out so quickly. Ugh. Now i have to buy a wii u. Yeah, I feel like smash 3ds is just a practice platform untill wii U. Also, I'll probably keep playing the 3ds version whenever I'm not glued to my tv.

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Idk why people say "Im not buying a system for one game" Like the term "system seller" doesn't mean anything

Smash bros is a system seller. Hell i bought a ps3 solely for KH3 which didn't even release for it. I bought a wii solely for brawl. I bought a 3ds soley for X/Y

Obviously once u have the system you will find other game you'll enjoy. Wii U already has Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2. Smash Bros is obvious. Hyrule Warriors as well(Im personally not a fan but people are hyping it) Next year were getting Xenoblade X/Star Fox/Splatoon and Pokken Fighters. The system obvious has other games besides smash.

But anyway to stay on topic. No i'll probably trade in the 3ds version the day i get the wii u version. The horrible controls and the lack of online smash run means i have no reason at all to play it when i will have the 3ds version.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
While I more than likely won't be online on the 3DS version of Smash Bros. come Nov.21st, I will most definitely return shortly after I've had my fill of the Wii U version, that much is certain. I freaking LOVE the 3DS version of Smash Bros. and will continue to play it on and off alongside the Wii U version. I truly think both versions can coincide with each other and it is rather amusing that people think nobody will be playing the 3DS version when the Wii U version comes out. That type of thinking is ignorant given how larger the 3DS install base is compared to the Wii U version. And I'm not one of those individuals whose just playing Smash Bros. 3DS to get my fill until the Wii U version. I see the 3DS version as a separate Smash Bros. game that's full and complete, not to mention incredibly addicting and fun. Say what you will about the controls, online, whatever, the 3DS version is a separate Smash Bros. game in many ways and will continue to be supported by many within this community and outside of it for years to come.

Last edited:

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
I think I will, albeit not as much.
When I'm at home alone, and feel like playing For Glory, I'll be on the Wiiu version for sure, as it's pretty much the same thing, just with a controller I like more, and HD visuals.
However, I could still see myself playing 3ds with my friends, because the majority of my friends have a 3DS, but no WiiU. That, and it still would be the go-to thing to play when I'm not home.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
If only I were rich enough to buy a Wii U... I'd probably have Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin 3 contending for playtime vs. SSB4 since I like all three series. :p

noshadowkick

Smash Rookie
Once I actually start playing online I imagine I wont stop till my 3ds breaks or I buy a Wii U on craigslist 3 years from now.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
European.....

And no way in hell I'm buying a U for Smash when I can play on 3DS.
I'm buying one for Zelda U.. and I'll get Smash for it too.

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
The sad thing is... I'll probably drop Smash 3DS in an instant. I really bought it just to fill the gap. The only thing the 3DS got as an advantage over the Wii U is mobility, so I crank it up when I am traveling e.g. by train. But there's no WiFi in our trains, so no online play for me there.
But, there are these rare occasions when I visit my parents in my hometown and will have a couple of minutes spare time. I won't take my Wii U with me, but the 3DS - very likely. So there might be some occasional smashing.

Top Bottom