• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... who was your first?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pit followed by Palutena, Lucina, Robin and Greninja thereafter. Excellent characters, well and truly content with their skills and abilities in this game.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Greninja was the first I got to try out because he was my most anticipated newcomer. I remember picking N's Castle for my first battle because it was my favorite stage in the game, and I remember it was a duel against a CPU Meta Knight. I just loved Greninja from that moment on (and he is still my main today) because his play style was really good: very fast, nice recovery, great specials, amazing spike, you name it. Definitely think he'll be top tier, if not high tier at most.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
Metaknight. I wanted to see how badly he was nerfed. Metaknight was also the first character I tried in Brawl.

Last edited:

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
I hit that random button on classic mode and got Little Mac, but I failed miserably because I had no idea how to play as him.(anyone else have trouble a attacking Master Hand with Mac?)
Decided to retry as Mario in order to figure out the controls better.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
I had hoped they changed Peach, at least a little, to resemble her Melee self more. So I played her first. And was not disappointed.

Then I played Robin like everyone else

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I cleared Classic mode with the 5 demo characters first (Starting with Mario :3) before venturing to the other characters, even though Sonic's my main.

tttt

Smash Cadet
Wii Fit Trainer for some reason. I didn't want to main her, I didn't really care for her, but when I saw her... she just spoke to me.

But really she is kind of eh. I'm gonna be maining Ness or Zero Suit Samus

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
:4palutena:, :4pit: , :4pikachu:

Went to classic mode and cleared.

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Megaman.
I am a huge megaman fan. I am so disappointed that he is very lack luster in this game. Very good kill potential but his damage is pitiful since all his moves are either smashes or have next to no knockback/easily countered so he cant even play keepaway very well.

I will say im persistent though, i keep using him lol. When im not against little-mac tryhards abusing his immortal punch combo, i play him pretty well.
Megaman literally cant fight Mac. He punches ALL my projectiles even a full charge blast and my close range stuff is shorter than his punches. im shocked if i ever kill him at all any game as MM

Last edited:

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
First new character used: Wii Fit Trainer
First returning character used: Mario

zozo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0146-9842-1089
Zero Suit Samus. But she's a little boring, so I branched out and tried more characters, and surprisingly, I REALLY like Peach. She's cute and her playstyle is adorable. I like being able to pull up turnips and chuck 'em, and I love her booty bump. (That's what I'm calling her side B.) I also really like Greninja as well. He's one of my favorite Kalos starters, and he's really quick, and pretty slippery if I've got good movement with him.

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
Link as usual, stuck with him ever since the 64 days. In the demo I played a bit of Pikachu, Mario, and Megaman about once. On the full release just hopped online to play as Link in For Glory mode. Then got a bit of practice with Charizard. I used Greninja a bit, but I think working him out will take a bit more time.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Played Mario first in the demo to see how he fares compared to the earlier Smash games. Then I went on to try Mega Man and never looked back.

Hayamo

Smash Rookie
NNID
hayamo7
3DS FC
3050-8532-4682
Shulk. Though he didn't end up being one of my mains, I still love the idea of his playstyle and his character. Maybe some day, Shulk, maybe some day.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
The first thing I did with the game was do Classic mode with a Random fighter, and I got Pikachu. Interesting enough because he was one of my mains in Brawl.
After that I redid Classic mode on Random and got Samus, then unlocked Ness afterward, my primary main.
From there it devolved into checking out 6-7 characters seriously and randomly playing any character I thought of.

TypePositive

Smash Apprentice
Megaman. Dude's fun, but I ended up using Greninja most of the day. Probably going to end up playing those two the most as well as robin once I figure out all to not die all the time with them.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
First thing I did was to complete classic mode with Mario.

Last edited:

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
Training with Kirby, of course.
He's just not fit for me, although my other expected mains fit well for me. err

Top Bottom