• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So what if they added one more character? (Mechanics wise)

I-ninja

Smash Cadet
NNID
I-ninja13
3DS FC
4527-9851-5719
What if the smash team added one more character just to spice up the game a little, for example what if they added Viewtiful Joe and made use of his VFX meter? Or ringabel from bravely default, using his changeable job skills (which is a bad example because he would play like a mix of :4shulk:and :pt: ) and the brave and default mechanics.

This is not a "I want this character in smash" thread, it's more of a this character would very interesting to play kind of thread.

Thoughts?

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
So are we able to suggest other characters who would bring something interesting to the table or just discussing the possibilities of Viewtiful Joe? I've unfortunately never played that series and only briefly caught a few seconds of the WB animation. I' got to check that game out though. I occasionally hear people say good things about it.

As for interesting characters. I always wanted to play as Paper Mario. There's only one 2D fighter, Mr. Game and Watch, but he's not the same as a paper fighter. Yes, you'll get people saying it's another clone of Mario (we already have regular Mario and Dr.) but they wouldn't really be the same.

For starters, since he would be a paper fighter, he would be extremely light. A lot more lighter than both Mario and Doc. His play-style and abilities would be different as well. For example, they could utilize several of the actions he's done in Paper Mario 2, such as the paper airplane (maybe as the up B move) or being rolled up (which he did to bypass small crevices in the game)

Synchronize

Smash Cadet
If you're taking about a character that I would legit like to play in the game it would be dark Samus. Before you bash me for my opinion hear me out. In Project M Samus could taunt to change some of her attacks. Her F-air become a slash with an ice blade, her U-Smash becoming an upper cut with a ice blade, her F-Smash becoming a whack with her cannon being frozen in ice (with the ability to freeze enemies), her D-Tilt becoming a explosion of ice, etc. I enjoy playing as Samus but I don't like how some of her attacks are multiple hits since it makes me a bit nervous and Project M's version of the Ice Samus is alot more fitting for me. Basically just throw Dark Samus in the game and give Dark Samus the moveset of the Project M Ice-Samus

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
If you're taking about a character that I would legit like to play in the game it would be dark Samus. Before you bash me for my opinion hear me out. In Project M Samus could taunt to change some of her attacks. Her F-air become a slash with an ice blade, her U-Smash becoming an upper cut with a ice blade, her F-Smash becoming a whack with her cannon being frozen in ice (with the ability to freeze enemies), her D-Tilt becoming a explosion of ice, etc. I enjoy playing as Samus but I don't like how some of her attacks are multiple hits since it makes me a bit nervous and Project M's version of the Ice Samus is alot more fitting for me. Basically just throw Dark Samus in the game and give Dark Samus the moveset of the Project M Ice-Samus
Sad that designers can't put that much care and love into a legit game.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
If paper Mario were a character I'd love for him to either

Be able to switch his partners out behind him, maybe they each have to do one sequence before they can be used again kinda like Robin

Or

Have some kind of audience mechanic, maybe with taunts or executing action commands on attacks.

Or both - actually the action commands would be worth discussing entirely on their own too :)

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
First off, thankyou for creating a thread that focuses more on what the character brings to the game than who they are. That's a side of selection that seems sadly secondary in this community.

Secondly, who do I think would bring uniqueness to the table?
Bomberman - A moveset that almost entirely revolves around juggling and using a single item. Bomberman made well would be a character like no other.
Pichu - The originator of the self harm mechanic and the one character who absolutely forces you to play smart. So many people request he return without the gimmick but then what is he even bringing to the game?
Cless Albane - A swordsman with the ability to create temporal glyphs by planting is sword, Cless could potentially use it as a "trap" and become a fist fighter for a short period. Basically exchanging range for combo potential.

I don't condone character specific powerbars or unnecessary command inputs but I do like characters to bring something to the fight besides a new skin.

Raythegamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
StrikerZ
3DS FC
1864-9222-9909
How about the second-last boss of Sonic Lost World?

Not everybody mentions about him but I kinda like him to be in the game.

His moveset will be power-based(with some startup lags for balance).For example:

NS-Shoots rapid lasers
FS-(Ground)Has a startup lag but multi hits and travels a distance.(Air)No startup lag but deals less damage
US-(Ground)Has startup lag and multi hits while also carrying both him and the target in the air.(Air)No startup lag but deals less damage
GS-(Ground)Steps on the ground,creating a mini quake(dosen't hit aerial foes).(Air)Falls down infinitely till hits the ground and create a bigger and more powerful quake(meteor smashes opponents if in the way while he is falling down but the quake doesn't hit aerial foes)

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
King K. Rool (Bowser with projectiles)

Top Bottom