• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So we have 21 Characters

dtp882

Smash Rookie
So we have 21 characters, probably more. Do you think these are just the starters. I think they are because we have about 7 weeks left, until the game is realeased. Since even if they realese a character a week which they normally don't do, we'd only have 28 characters, which is ony 3 more then the last game. So ya...

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I'm not worried.
I highly doubt were really going to end up with only 28.
Maybe that'll just be starters.
Or maybe they'll release more characters per week!?
To me, I'd think the updates would get better as we get closer.

King Dedede Kirby

Smash Rookie
Not to criticize you on your math, but there is actually 20 characters so far.
That would be cool if we all got to play as new characters right away! Like Wario.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not to criticize you on your math, but there is actually 20 characters so far.
That would be cool if we all got to play as new characters right away! Like Wario.
I think they are counting Zero Suit Samus as a different character...Which only should be applied If Zero Samus is selectable...which I doubt...and even then it should not be counted...But whatever

Saku

Smash Cadet
Erm... People, we ARE playing as new characters right away. At least some of them, anyway.
You see, besides Snake, none of the characters are 100% unlockable-only's.
And before you do that "traditional" argument, think about Melee with Peach and Zelda as examples. Also keep in mind Pit being playable in Adventure Mode at the start, and becoming the first character to team up with Mario.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Erm... People, we ARE playing as new characters right away. At least some of them, anyway.
You see, besides Snake, none of the characters are 100% unlockable-only's.
And before you do that "traditional" argument, think about Melee with Peach and Zelda as examples. Also keep in mind Pit being playable in Adventure Mode at the start, and becoming the first character to team up with Mario.
What's your point?

CaptainElectricSamus

Smash Rookie
Just one question, the new characters how many are going to be unlockable and who is going to be a starter?
I havent really seen anythin bout that.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Just one question, the new characters how many are going to be unlockable and who is going to be a starter?
I havent really seen anythin bout that.
That's because none of that information has been released.
It is only a theory that Snake will be unlockable.
I think that everyone else released so far will be a starter.

CaptainElectricSamus

Smash Rookie
Ok
I was wondering because i really want to know so i have some strategy with them before i play with them.
Snake should be unlockable along with like a minor character like pokemon trainer.

Black/Light

Smash Master
If we are counting playable characters like Zero than it's 23 (counting each pokemon for Red as a playable character).

Saku

Smash Cadet
What's your point?
I meant that as a reply to King Dedede Kirby, but I ended up losing my thoughts and posted something just a little too broadly pointed. Then I couldn't quite edit my post in order to fix the mistake (this forum just keeps freezing up on me..).

Otherwise, I should think that my point is obvious.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I meant that as a reply to King Dedede Kirby, but I ended up losing my thoughts and posted something just a little too broadly pointed. Then I couldn't quite edit my post in order to fix the mistake (this forum just keeps freezing up on me..).

Otherwise, I should think that my point is obvious.
Unless you quote, it seems like your replying to the OP, which didn't make any sense...

Saku

Smash Cadet
Unless you quote, it seems like your replying to the OP, which didn't make any sense...
Forgive my unconventional posting methods. I'll try to conform to yours a little more often, so that I don't confuse you, and others, in the future.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Forgive my unconventional posting methods. I'll try to conform to yours a little more often, so that I don't confuse you, and others, in the future.
Whatever I don't care

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
actually, its better if you do quote who you're responding to. i duno about most people, but i personally cant read minds about who you're referring to. it just makes it easier for everyone. now, what was the point to this topic again..?

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
we have about 7 weeks left.
Wow... 7 weeks....

I mean, its freakin weird. Its been a year of waiting and now..... its just 7 weeks. It'll all be over soon... The character suggestions..... List prediction.... DOJO website...... It'll be then just a memory of the past.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Wow... 7 weeks....

I mean, its freakin weird. Its been a year of waiting and now..... its just 7 weeks. It'll all be over soon... The character suggestions..... List prediction.... DOJO website...... It'll be then just a memory of the past.
Now that you mentioned it, it is a strange feeling. It seems like yesterday that we first saw that epic trailer to see the badass that is Meta Knight, the glorious return of Pit, the striptease from Zamus, the hilarity that was Wario, and the surprise awesomeness that was Solid Snake.

And since then Sakurai has surprised, mind gamed, crushed hopes, teased, and many more, making us ask what really is Smash? When Brawl comes out, we will know...

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
wow, is it really only 7 weeks? I've been counting days (60)

since there are only 20-21 characters( i count pokemon trainer as one character, like the sheik/zelda thing) announced so far, I have a feeling we may see perhaps 3 more characters in updates, and then have about 12 secret unlockable characters to find in the game. why would sakarai tell us about characters in the game and their moves if we then have to unlock them?

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
That's because none of that information has been released.
It is only a theory that Snake will be unlockable.
I think that everyone else released so far will be a starter.
I can't help but think that diddy kong will be unlockable, most liely having to beat SE with Donkey Kong

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
Maybe sakuri is just giving us some of the characters, and he will either release them all beofre dec. 3rd, or make them secret. sakuri is a mastermind at manipulative mind games.

D

Deleted member

I suspect at least almost 50 playable characters at most but, you know, that's just me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think most of the newcomers so far have been rather boring...Bring on the exciting ones already, the strange and unique ones!!!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Agreed, Sakurai has yet to update with awesome characters well... we have Bowser, Snake and Metaknight, but what about the Cap'n? Ganondorf? Ridley? Mewtwo? etc? etc?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The number of characters revealed...and the fact only Meta-Knight and Wario were on my want of character list that have been revealed, and he fact they were revealed at the beginning...is making me start to worry about this game...

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
20 SELECTABLE characters, 24 if you count MOVESETS.

I'm personally holding out for a starting roster bigger than Melee's final roster.

No, if you count movesets, the we have 23. If you change the count of Pokemon trainer from one to three, then you'll add two more, and of course Zamus adds one more. Not that it really matters much.

Already we've gotten more unique movesets than melee. Wow, only 3 more characters to tie with melee characters

The number of characters revealed...and the fact only Meta-Knight and Wario were on my want of character list that have been revealed, and he fact they were revealed at the beginning...is making me start to worry about this game...
You're crazy for worrying. I only wanted one character and now that I have him I don't care who the rest of the roster is (though I'd really like King Dedede, Sonic, Ridley, Starfy, and Krystal to be in brawl)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, if you count movesets, the we have 23. If you change the count of Pokemon trainer from one to three, then you'll add two more, and of course Zamus adds one more. Not that it really matters much.

Already we've gotten more unique movesets than melee. Wow, only 3 more characters to tie with melee characters

You're crazy for worrying. I only wanted one character and now that I have him I don't care who the rest of the roster is (though I'd really like King Dedede, Sonic, Ridley, Starfy, and Krystal to be in brawl)
Well, I am because I'm disapointed with the roster right now and I want more unique characters. I'm also crazy but that's besides the point

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Well, I am because I'm disapointed with the roster right now and I want more unique characters. I'm also crazy but that's besides the point
Well, if your looking for interesting characters then wait for the unlockables. Did you know that all the characters revealed thus far have been shoe ins or main characters. Wario, diddy, meta-knight, Lucas, and Ike are all shoe ins. Pokemon trainer is a character that is the main protagonist (which should have been a rep from smash 64 days). And Zamus has been revealed because she's part of samus's FS. Just wait longer, characters like Sukapon, Starfy, and Capt. Olimar will show themselves soon along with Ridley, Dedede, and other cool characters).

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
We currently have...
20 characters
23 movesets
2 symbols for characters (Cpt. Falcon Symbol and AC symbol)
Nintendo Power with a demo of Brawl, from which they'll probably reveal at least all of the starters
Sakurai probably wanting to reveal characters before Nintendo Power does

So my guess is...
Sakurai will reveal all of the starters by the end of the month, including Cpt. Falcon and an AC rep.
With only three weeks left in the month, we'll have to have more than one character update a week in
---order to get more starter characters than Melee had total.
Snake is probably a starter.

No one should place any account in these predictions, as Sakurai is mostly unpredictable.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
We currently have...
20 characters
23 movesets
2 symbols for characters (Cpt. Falcon Symbol and AC symbol)
Nintendo Power with a demo of Brawl, from which they'll probably reveal at least all of the starters
Sakurai probably wanting to reveal characters before Nintendo Power does

So my guess is...
Sakurai will reveal all of the starters by the end of the month, including Cpt. Falcon and an AC rep.
With only three weeks left in the month, we'll have to have more than one character update a week in
---order to get more starter characters than Melee had total.
Snake is probably a starter.

No one should place any account in these predictions, as Sakurai is mostly unpredictable.
You forgot E for All, also. With is only in two weeks! Woo!

Loyid

Smash Rookie
Wasn't there a week with about 3-5 Updates per day? I think it was the week before Peach were announced. If something like this happens about 3 more times we will see every character in Brawl before the 3. december, i thing. Maybe they thought they would nned longer for the game when they started updating Dojo but then they realized that they are faster than excepted and so the updating is to slow.

Oh, and didn't Sakurai said that every third-party character will be unlockable and don't usable from the start? I remember reading something like that.

Top Bottom