• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, was the Palutena leak real?

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
To me the leaked model looks way too close to the real to be fake. No amount of tiny details can change that.

D

Deleted member

I said this in the Pac-man cloud thread, but why is this relevant? She's in the game, we should be celebrating rather than clinging to this old thing.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Because of the blurry make it hard to see but the leak was real after all.
People can't even decide is it fake or even real.
In the END she become real and playable.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I personally think there are too many discrepancies, including Mario's and palutena's models, in the leak for me to believe it is real.

Doesn't matter now but it's a well made fake in my eyes.

(btw, similarities only exist because it's the same Palutena both versions are based off of.)

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I doubt it was real. There are a lot of things that changed in the final model. (i.e. The rings on her wrist, staff size differences, not to mention the final model has slightly darker skin.)

andimidna

Smash Master
I'd also like to bring up how that piece that comes off her shield is either missing or being held in the leak, but is let loose in her Smash model

Just another thing I wanted to add that while it could be dismissed as another thing that changed throughout development, the more differences there are- the less likely it is.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
we should be celebrating rather than clinging to this old thing.
Not in this thread, we shouldn't!

Anyway, pointing out minor details is kinda pointless. I'm pretty sure if you fire up Melee right now and watch the special videos, you'll see differences in some character models since visuals change over a game's development. Imagine how different the things they aren't showing you looked.

Needless to say, I feel that the leak was probably real.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Could it be possible that the leak was a screenshot taken while they were experimenting with Palutena's look? Before they finalized with a particular model?

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Because....?
They don't look alike except that they're both based off Uprising Palutena, so why do you think this?
Because the leak looks similar enough to me to think it's a real possibility. Minor differences, like I said, can be credited to the changes that characters go through during development. I thought that was kinda implied, my bad.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
There's a five-month difference between the Palutena leak and her reveal. There was more than enough time to touch up her model over that period of time, and like others have said, things change over development. You don't just go in planning a game that will go absolutely as according to plan the moment you start working on it; some changes will be made and others will be dropped.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
There's a five-month difference between the Palutena leak and her reveal. There was more than enough time to touch up her model over that period of time, and like others have said, things change over development. You don't just go in planning a game that will go absolutely as according to plan the moment you start working on it; some changes will be made and others will be dropped.
I work as a concept artist for an indie game company, and I can definitely vouch for that. Five months is a lot of time, and depending on when the screenshots were taken, could be more. At one time I made drastic changes to a character in less than a month.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I work as a concept artist for an indie game company, and I can definitely vouch for that. Five months is a lot of time, and depending on when the screenshots were taken, could be more. At one time I made drastic changes to a character in less than a month.
Right. Compare the differences between this Donkey Kong model on the Official Website:

And one of the more recent pictures of him:

As you can see, the cowlick on the first picture has been updated to resemble his more classic look, and the somewhat-googly eyes were changed as well.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well it's still suspicious that they'd make Palutena this model based off Uprising, and then give her a charm based off her Brawl design early on only to scrap it later. I somewhat doubt they strayed from the Uprising design, they didn't even stray from the Uprising pose in her official artwork. I feel like most of the design changes for the characters would happen while in the early stages, when drawing out what things will look like, not when they've already modeled it and made it in the game. Sure, there will be changes after that, but looking back to all of the characters in the original trailer, they all look much more similar to what we see now compared to the Palutena's.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I fully believe it was real, and I have seen way too many instances of characters in games receiving major changes to their models in the final game compared to officially screenshots months before the game came out.

Case in point:

The top is a pre-release screenshot, the bottom is a screenshot of the final game. Sonic had his shoes changed completely due to a deal SEGA struck with the company "SOAP" at the time.

The game in question is Sonic Adventure 2.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I think that it was real. Sakurai himself have posted on the website of an Palutena with Mario on the 3DS version...this is an hint!

Top Bottom