• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So this is back in

B0NK

Smash Lord
Being able to jump out of Bowsercide, guaranteeing your opponent dies before you.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Nice find. I assume it's still done by mashing jump?

Also how do suicide kills work in general in smash 4?

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
The person who performs the suicide move wins if that's how the match is decided. I'm fairly sure there isn't an exception to that.

B0NK

Smash Lord
If you're talking about the ruleset ruling, that rule is not always used in rulesets.

If you're saying that's a new mechanic to Smash 3DS, then then that's cool. In every other smash game it wasn't decided like that so I have a feeling it isn't decided like that in Smash 3DS. Don't have the game to test it though.

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I mean it's a new mechanic, at least I'm fairly sure it is. I've seen a ganondorf flame choke a kirby on their last stock and win, which wouldn't have happened in Brawl. Besides, that's how it should have been in the first place.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I honestly think it's unnecessary though. From what I've seen, in this game, it always counts it as the opponent dying first.

Flayl

Smash Hero
UberMadman, it's not unnecessary if you want to get a KO without KO-ing yourself (by recovering back to the ledge)! That's a huge bonus!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well, let's count the situations outside of teams where Bowser can make it back after a Bowsercide.

No seriously, check stages. Not that you'll be relying on the Bowsercide a lot anyway, but you might as well know if you in fact can recover on certain stages.

Especially with Custom Moves btw.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Even if you jump out of it you ain't getting back on stage. According to ZeRo Bowser will always win if he suicides. He didn't mention Ganon but it is likely the same, too.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Even if you jump out of it you ain't getting back on stage. According to ZeRo Bowser will always win if he suicides. He didn't mention Ganon but it is likely the same, too.
I'd say it needs testing. You could get back to the ledge in Brawl on certain stages. Since Bowser's recovery is better in these games, it's likely he can get back on certain stages.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Especially with that custom fortress move which turns it into an almost purely vertical recovery

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Probably get some team strats off with it maybe

What's a straight down projectile in this game?

Pebbicle

Smash Cadet
I experienced this in an online match earlier today, I outplayed the person using Bowser, but nevertheless got caught and killed that way, and ended up losing the game. Pathetic really.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I ended a few matches with Bowsercide today and always won by default, no need for the Up B. It's pretty hilarious in For Glory, get one stock up and immediately take the second. I almost feel bad doing it, almost.

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
I ended a few matches with Bowsercide today and always won by default, no need for the Up B. It's pretty hilarious in For Glory, get one stock up and immediately take the second. I almost feel bad doing it, almost.
I have done it several times as well. It's great. I assume you got up a stock (like you said) and the players you were facing didn't know that they could alter the direction of Bowser's move if they have lower damage?

aguyuno

Smash Rookie
I only ever do it against a person one time; if they stay for a rematch, I'm courteous enough to not try that crap again. But otherwise, omg it's so much fun to do. Especially while yelling "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at top volume. It gets me more hyped than a falcon punch KO, and that's just impressive.

aguyuno

Smash Rookie
I have done it several times as well. It's great. I assume you got up a stock (like you said) and the players you were facing didn't know that they could alter the direction of Bowser's move if they have lower damage?
Oh is THAT why my moving it doesn't work sometimes? Was trying to figure that out

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I did it a lot fo times and can cancel my bowsercide 100% of the time. With the default set you can come back on some stages but not FD, battlefield. You can on yoshi island but only with the help of the ghost platforms.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Just press jump before dieing. Its a timing, you might need a little bit pratice but its not that hard.

Top Bottom