• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So there's going to be recovery nerfs

Thor

Smash Champion
Now everyone will know Falco's pain!
Or they'll just be like "**** you Falco" and remove his up+B entirely... just kidding.

Actually, I had been opening they weakened tethers a bit, but then buffed some of the weaker recoveries (Falco, Roy [arguably Sheik, Captain Falcon, and Ganondorf]), but this direction is cool too, at least if they do it well.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Or they'll just be like "**** you Falco" and remove his up+B entirely... just kidding.

Actually, I had been opening they weakened tethers a bit, but then buffed some of the weaker recoveries (Falco, Roy [arguably Sheik, Captain Falcon, and Ganondorf]), but this direction is cool too, at least if they do it well.
I don't think recoveries need improvement. That's kind of what got us in the problem we're in now. All of those characters have fine recoveries if you factor in what they do.

Thor

Smash Champion
I don't think recoveries need improvement. That's kind of what got us in the problem we're in now. All of those characters have fine recoveries if you factor in what they do.
Nah, Falco's is trash. Captain Falcon is still pretty easily gimped. The others are okayish, but they're still gonna be absolutely wrecked offstage by a Pit with any time to set up (or a plethora of other characters).

And for the record, I only think tethers were midly problematic - everyone's up+B was either fine or weak (Diddy Kong and Mewtwo excepted of course [and maybe Pit/Mario, but one is rather linear and also would just be a Puff-like character if he lacked arrows, and the other still dies to well-spaced bairs below the stage level]). I also think having a few stronger recoveries (MK (ish), Puff, Kirby, Samus) adds some nice variety to the game, because then you can't approach all recoveries as "Just bair their linear predictable path/dsmash or dair their attempt to sweetspot and you're good."

Solo ICs could also use a small buff to recovery in my opinion - just a bit more height on solo Belay would be enough.

Last edited:

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
Solo ICs could also use a small buff to recovery in my opinion - just a bit more height on solo Belay would be enough.
Nana should be able to call Popo with belay.
Just imagining all the chaos that could cause makes me very happy. Incase you can't tell i dislike ice climbers, Not in this game but the hate from all those chain grabs is still in my heart.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Isn't Falco's recovery worse in PM because fire bird doesn't carry momentum the same way it does in melee? Reverting that is the only change I can see happening, and I'm pretty sure I heard they were finally able to fix this problem with Fox's fire fox... So I'm assuming the same goes for fire bird.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Isn't Falco's recovery worse in PM because fire bird doesn't carry momentum the same way it does in melee? Reverting that is the only change I can see happening, and I'm pretty sure I heard they were finally able to fix this problem with Fox's fire fox... So I'm assuming the same goes for fire bird.
It stuck with the Brawl up-b, which I'm pretty sure is slightly shorter than Melee.

It might just be momentum though, which I really hope they bring back to Melee state either way.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
F
It stuck with the Brawl up-b, which I'm pretty sure is slightly shorter than Melee.

It might just be momentum though, which I really hope they bring back to Melee state either way.
falco's UpB in brawl was pretty far in my opinion, or atleast that's what my memory told me.

Top Bottom