• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So. The Doc Buffs.

What do you think of Doc's buffs?

• Total voters

Marcus the Red

Smash Rookie
The buffs I agree are much needed, but I don't really see him as a viable character still. I say this only because of two things: his mobility and his recovery. With his tiny hitboxes and difficulty with approaching, Doc's modest mobility still leaves a lot to be asked for. The only buff that could have addressed his poor neutral game would be the quicker super armor on his down-b. It was already a pretty great move and I'm glad to see it buffed, but it won't help him too much.

As for his recovery, it is still one of the worst in the game, in part thanks to his tiny jumps. With so many good characters in the game, one's recovery makes all the difference. The buffs didn't really address this issue at all.

All that being said, he is still easily in my top three favorite characters in this game. I love him and don't know why.

Planet-Neptune

Smash Rookie
The buffs I agree are much needed, but I don't really see him as a viable character still. I say this only because of two things: his mobility and his recovery. With his tiny hitboxes and difficulty with approaching, Doc's modest mobility still leaves a lot to be asked for. The only buff that could have addressed his poor neutral game would be the quicker super armor on his down-b. It was already a pretty great move and I'm glad to see it buffed, but it won't help him too much.

As for his recovery, it is still one of the worst in the game, in part thanks to his tiny jumps. With so many good characters in the game, one's recovery makes all the difference. The buffs didn't really address this issue at all.

All that being said, he is still easily in my top three favorite characters in this game. I love him and don't know why.
I agree with Doc not being viable. At the bare minimum, he needs a mobility or recovery buff to give him more oomph competitively.

I think Doc's neutral was already fine before this. Assuming he's not being significantly outranged, he can do a good amount for a character with such bad speed. Plus, his pills are a top tier projectile in my opinion. I think the buffs just kind of solidified that aspect, which I'm nevertheless thankful for.

Top Bottom