• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Should I?

ShinobiSli

Smash Apprentice
I wanna make a combo vid, but my town is full of crappy smashers, So I'm at a loss for opponents. There's some good ones, but It'd still take a lot of matches. Should I?

Prax

Smash Journeyman
A lot of combo vids are played against crappy smashers. They make you look better because they can't DI or dodge very well, allowing you to pull off otherwise impossible combos.

Prax

Smash Journeyman
Yea people generally give you more respect for your video if they can see that your opponents actually have some skill. Basically, do you want your video to be popular with the casual smashers, or the hardcore smashers.

DrSalvador

Smash Cadet
A combo vid is a good way to get some feedback from the general community once you post it. It also can point out any predictable tendencies you may have, and THOSE are what will make you lose against competitive players.

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
If it's something you think you'd enjoy doing, go for it.

Don't worry about whether people will like it or not, worry about having fun making it.

-GK

crucialCOCM

Smash Rookie
meta knight has no combos, meta night is the cheapest character in the game. hes so noobish.

Pi

Smash Hero
combo video's are not good representation of skill any way, you can take however many attempts at whatever you want, edit it up, stick it together, and make an awesome video. Combo videos are merely for entertainment purposes, and can be educational if they have viable combo's in them.

If you want people to see your skill put up matches of your character, not combo videos.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
There's another problem with a combo video considering we're talking about Brawl. Since combos do not really exist as anything more than a string of successful hits (that have the possibility of being disrupted at any time), making a combo video against good players is unlikely. Most good players will dodge or attempt to counter any follow ups.

More often than not, "combos" in Brawl are a result of luck, a bad opponent or good mind games. Only the last of those three requires any skill.

As knihT said, combo videos are for entertainment purposes only. And considering the inherent traits of this game I've already talked about, it really won't matter who the fights were against. Just try to make it against a variety of characters and use a variety of "combos".

R3v3nant

Smash Cadet
combo vids are only for having a good laugh and with brawl there aren't any real combos anymore so whatever you post may be because of luck or the bad gaming of the other player

Top Bottom