• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so ok i hope i dont get in trouble for this

dropping_a_neon

Smash Rookie
but like i cant seem to get any better with sonic. i have read all of the guides and watch like all the videos in the library. but i still cant seem to pull off at least 50% victory

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Can you get some videos of your Sonic? Then we can rate and give you advice. Anyways, what problems are you having with Sonic?

dropping_a_neon

Smash Rookie
like idk i dont think my mindgames r good enough. when i get them to a high percent and im trying to kill them i get predictable and frustrated because they r not dying

Sonicstud

Smash Rookie
well if you are getting frustrated thats your number1 prob right there. being predictable killz sonic.
you gotta keep a cool head and just play the game.
you have to surprize your opponent. Try to stutter step the forward smash, spin shot with back air, spring then down air(cancel) to a forward smash. just be creative and dont repeat patterns.
i dont know how many At's you know and im not sure how you play.
like he said, a get a video of a match and im sure there would be a ton of people that could tell you what to do exactly.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
but like i cant seem to get any better with sonic. i have read all of the guides and watch like all the videos in the library. but i still cant seem to pull off at least 50% victory
It takes a very long time to even get suckish with Sonic, I think Stud made some kind of point when he said patience is a virtue.

like idk i dont think my mindgames r good enough. when i get them to a high percent and im trying to kill them i get predictable and frustrated because they r not dying
Learn your options, if you limit yourself, you will have less to work with, and that can be a problem.

i try shutter stepping btw butidk they still see it coming
Let killing the opponent come naturally to you, don't try to force it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I like that.

I like that a lot.

The part with the Steakmaster.

Also it helps to have a passion/love fort he blue blur, that will help you stay with him.

infomon

Smash Scientist
if you want, you can send me your wii/brawl codes (mine are in my profile) and you can send me replays if you have any and I'll post 'em to youtube (although sub-3minute matches aren't usually very representative anyway, lol)

although my turnaround time is approx. 2weeks lol

Chis: I'm finally on ur vids now, got everything set up :laugh:

Top Bottom