• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS So my right trigger isnt working

FiddleBum

Smash Apprentice
Whats a good fix? I'm trying to save up to buy a new 3ds,but I need another $200 for the smash edition xl.Anyone know how to fix it? I tried to toothbrush and blowing into it trick,the blow trick worked for about 5 clicks or so but then died again lol.

(sorry if this isnt in the right section)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

If you still have warranty you could send it into Nintendo...Otherwise I would try and get a thing of compressed air and just spray it in there. Of course, you could also re-map the controls, but I know how annoying that is...

FiddleBum

Smash Apprentice
If you still have warranty you could send it into Nintendo...Otherwise I would try and get a thing of compressed air and just spray it in there. Of course, you could also re-map the controls, but I know how annoying that is...
I dont have warranty on it anymore,but I will invest in the spray or see if I have any laying around.Hopefully I wont have to map the controls. :(

Empulsion

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-3325-3015
I had the same problem and just mapped the shield to Y so I can still do something. It will take a few matches but you'll get the hang of it. At least until you find a solution.

Falcon Beatdown

Smash Rookie
Until you can get it fixed or a new 3DS I would suggest mapping it to a different button that does work (for instance, x or y).

Valacar

Smash Cadet
Sorry that happend, that sucks :C

You can get around it easily though, if you're willing to put in a bit of effort to adapt to a new control scheme. Just use Left Trigger as your shield button, and simply grab by using Shield+A instead. It's actually a faster and more widely-used way to grab!

Top Bottom