• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So my brother plays a Yoshi

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
ok So his problem is when he uses Yoshi he has troubles recovering and edgegaurding but he has perfect DI I will hit him at 150 percent and he survives any advice? I don't use him and I think this will be very beneficial to him

Fera

Smash Rookie
Try showing him those:

Edgeguarding with Yoshi has some tips that will help, but hold on to the basics and you'll be fine.
1- Don't go for Fair, it's too hard to hit.
2- Go for the Nair. Lard, long lasting hitbox, easy to land.
3- Go for the Dsmash. High range, good angle, spacie killer.
4- Eggs are a nice tool to close angles, usually only one will sufice for an edgeguard, don't overuse.
5- Dash out of stage, Fastfall, Double Jump quickly back onto the stage will get you quickly on the edge.

Recovery it's a whole other story: No tips, you got'ta practice a lot. Learn to read. Learn mindgame.
1- Recovery High.
2- Save your Double Jump.
3- Use eggroll, it'll give you momentum, or change it, it's good.
4- Mixup, Perfect Waveland works, Airdodge works, Nairing works, Groundpound to the ledge works, Raising Uair works.
5- Don't ever commit yourself early, ever. This means no Eggrolling to early, or eggtossing and counting on hitting the oponent to prevent him from stopping you getting to the ledge.
6- Don't get predictable - you have options, and if you don't commit early to any of them specifically it's hard to know where you'll be.

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
Thank you Fera I'm very appreciative for your tips I'm sure he will enjoy those and get better as a player in general

Top Bottom