• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... Marth's grab

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Here's a me vs some (Not very good) Lil Mac player, but to be fair, I'm not Mr. Amazing either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RWL8fYNpLc

Side note - A few posts ago I mentioned a control setup that allows the Cstick to input fastfalls. Simply just requires Cstick set to smash. Not saying that control setup is necessary by any means, but it suits me comfortably.

So the reason for this post is, I am like, 99% sure that I am wrong about this, but it almost seems like the grab perhaps cancels the nair landing lag.

In any case, I am sure that my grab is coming out faster than even my shield can. I tested both, and my grab always beats my shield, when I time the inputs properly.

Just wanted to share. Even if I am getting all the nair landing lag frames, grab has surprised me with it's effectiveness after throwing out a nair1 fastfall. SO I thought I'd share it with you all.

Peace

Edit - so I watched it again. I definitely took landing lag from all my nair1s, at least in this video. But still, grab just seems to be working better than my other moves. Any insight as to why would be cool.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Shield is frame 1 and grab is frame 7 and there is no special circumstance that can change this.

Top Bottom