• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so long toadstool jump

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
Judging by the video gameplay thats been circulating i think its safe to assume this horrible idea went to the scrap heap? I havent seen any "active" toadstooling....or meteoring by use of toadstool jump. Did they take this out?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You mean footstool? As I recall, it was rather difficult to pull off for the people who went to EforAll, so maybe people have just been unable to pull it off.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
It looked almost as hard to perform as power shielding in the first place. Not to mention, nobody ever thinks about it. Either it's out or nobody has bothered to do it/ it hasn't been done accidentally. I could care less, I didn't like the idea in the first place.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen wind of yes...or no really...

...Its just that no ones even DOING said tactic because, duh, everyone is playing like melee 2.0...

Yet this is something that needs to be looked into...Gah, I want the game so bad just to get sure fired "Yes" and "No" and not wait for people to test it out.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I saw a video where metaknight pulls it off on bowser on youtube. I can't remember the exact video,but it's fairly recent,so you should be able to find it.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Well... I think it's safe to say that if you saw everyone pulling off all the advanced moves already and looking awesome.... this game wouldn't have much depth to it. Stuff will be discovered faster than melee, but come on..... it has been a little over two days. Relax.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Just because you're probably never gonna be able to do it, doesn't mean it's a horrible idea. >_>

Balloon

Smash Lord
It looked almost as hard to perform as power shielding in the first place. Not to mention, nobody ever thinks about it. Either it's out or nobody has bothered to do it/ it hasn't been done accidentally. I could care less, I didn't like the idea in the first place.
It's "couldn't care less".

Anyway, as the metagame progresses I think the footstool jump will be used a bit more.

S2

Smash Lord
Too early to call whether footstool jumping will be useful.

We'll see. If anything, it'll be fun in teams when it gets down to 2v1. Ridiculous edgeguards ftw.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I've seen it used in a stream once, but the person they used it on was on the ground. so they just sort of jiggled and the other guy got his weird higher jump.

Top Bottom