• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So it begins...

Showgingah

Smash Rookie
Heyo! I personally don't know what to say here, so I'll use that thread that gives me recommendations. But first, I'll give a little summary.

My name's Maleko, try pronouncing it correctly. I'm a senior in high school as well as an indie game developer along side some college students. I'm also one of the top 5 ranked Link mains in a fan game known as Super Smash Flash 2 (SSF2). I've been playing the game since the first demo of SSF2 along side melee and brawl and as of today, decided to take the journey further...Once my gamecube adapter for my pc comes in the mail. Now for other details...

Who do you main in your Smash game(s) of choice? Why?
I'm not sure if you all consider it a legitimate smash game, but at the moment I'm most comfortable with Super Smash Flash 2. I am actually a huge Zelda fan, so I took him on as my main when I saw his tier placing at the time (He was one of the lowest). I'm striving to become the best Link player in the game, but there is one who is far above my level so I'm still training to fight on par against him. That long story, aside, I don't want to be a melee fan boy, but I do find Melee my favorite. I like the idea of the combo oriented gameplay and speed demonstrated through other players, as frustrated as it seems. I main Ganondorf and Link in melee. I plan to look into Marth. I wantedto go Ganondorf because all those disrespect videos on youtube make me laugh. Plus, I've heard of the retirement of BizarroFlame, my favorite Ganondorf main, and I hope to one day live up to that, although I got a lot of work to do. I always hear about Link being a bad character, due to recovery, and other such things, and I just don't want to believe that. This was a similar issue with Link in SSF2 back then, so far that I bested players online with only Link, sometimes going as far as using no projectiles. The player I look up to for Link is the retired Aniki. I know of Germ, and I like him, but regardless of metagame, I don't want to rely on Link's projectiles most of the time. Regardless, I'll be able to test my skills efficiently on Smashladder once I get that adapter.
Why have you joined Smashboards? How did you hear about the site?
I started off with the SSF2 community, and I watched the Smash Bros documentary and RelaxAlax's video on the competitive smash community. I want to be a part of it now and in the future. That's basically it and how I learned of the site.
Do you attend tournaments? Do you want to?
I participate in SSF2 tournaments through the website of Challonge. I tend to take top 8 spots during the bigger tournaments we have. Normally 8th-5th. Usually beaten by the top players in the community, though matches can be close. With melee, it'll probably be the same way, but one day I want to attend a tournament with other smashers in person. One day, but not now. If there's a melee tournament at Megacon in Orlando, Florida, I'll take my chances there as an experience.
Talk about your interests outside of Smash Bros.! Anime, sports, other games, etc.

I am an anime fan, I will say that, I am also a Nintendo fan, but tend to get disappointed every now and then when the title we expected turned into something unexpected in a negative way. Like the Metroid game revealed during E3 2015. I am interested in video game design. With Mr. Miyamoto, Mr. Newell, and the sadly passed Mr. Iwata being my inspirations. If I talk in the section, I won't stop talking and I'm saying enough as there is.
What other communities are you a part of? Clubs at school, other forums?
Well I'm part of the Team 801 Robotics team as well as a band student. I play a brass instrument, the Euphonium, so I'm quite the yeller with that air support. The SSF2 isn't really part of the smash community yet in my opinion since not many people know about it. We just got on Anther's Ladder last year, and just recently got a section in the smash reddit page. I hope the community expands.

I'm sorry I made you read all of this, but thank you if you did. I'm really excited about this and am looking forward to playing with you all in the future. Smash on everybody. See you around. We smashers are a family.

Other things:
My Channel: I post my SSF2 videos and other things on here. Soon Melee.
https://www.youtube.com/user/joyfulbloodmist

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

:starman:Click here for the Freemium Raffle.:starman:

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Hola Showgingah Showgingah I give you a Big Welcome to SmashBoards, enjoy your time here and have a Wonderful Time in the Boards. :reverse:

:roll:

Its Good to have you in this Board I wish you the best of Luck with Everything and I See You Around in the Forum. :reverse:

:estatic: Nice to Meet You and Cool Avatar There Maleko :estatic:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Welcome to Smashboards!
OrzfR4K.png

Top Bottom