• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So is there no discussion about dealing bayonetta and corrin

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I don't really think we know enough about them yet, I know Bayonettas probably bad news though, she can combo us for years and our late airdodge makes it really difficult to escape

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Since we are Ganon the game doesn't really change. We have to observe and watch for openings. We're all about mind games and capitalizing on the smallest mistakes.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Normally we'd have this in the MU thread or the Q/A thread. but those, sadly, get very little attention in cases like these, so I'll let this thread sit for a bit to see if anything useful comes out of it.

I personally have no idea about either of them. I fought one really bad Bayonetta online yesterday and that's about it.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
All I got is that Corrin's Projectile is weak. If I can cancel the biggest one with Bowser's Jab 1 then Ganon should have no problem. That Counter we will have to watch for.

I can already tell Bayonetta's Neutral B Bullet Climax will be a pain to deal with. The uncharged shots can flinch us and I don't think powershielding can get through the full volley. And I believe a Bthrow > Bullet Climax can clip us offstage in some situations.

MGK

Smash Apprentice
So far, we get nothing off of missed tech side b but against Corrin, aerial side b and if he rolls away, dSmash hits. :4ganondorf:

Also, wiz kick beats or at worst trades against Corrins side b kick after he pins himself down. So don't be a afraid to vs it when you see him pinned himself down.

Lastly, Corrins Up B is like DK's up b where there is no hit box above him but has massive range on the sides (Never vs this as it's all intangible, I think). So once his off stage, stomp him and there isn't much he can do about it.

I don't know much about Bay though.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
So far, we get nothing off of missed tech side b but against Corrin, aerial side b and if he rolls away, dSmash hits. :4ganondorf:

Also, wiz kick beats or at worst trades against Corrins side b kick after he pins himself down. So don't be a afraid to vs it when you see him pinned himself down.

Lastly, Corrins Up B is like DK's up b where there is no hit box above him but has massive range on the sides (Never vs this as it's all intangible, I think). So once his off stage, stomp him and there isn't much he can do about it.

I don't know much about Bay though.
We have to be careful with the wizkick, since Corrin can reverse kick out of a stuck side b. If Corrin is stuck and reads a wizkick, they can reverse kick to bait the wizard foot, and captilize off of the massive end lag. To make matters worse, the reverse kick off of side b has even less ending lag that the forward kick.

Idk about up b being intangible during the move, but I know that it has a decent amount of startup and that it's definitely not intangible during that time. I've daired Corrin out of that startup so many times it's not funny. It's like an easier to punish Firefox.

Last edited:

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Can we get reverse warlock punch on a forward corrin dash? is he kicks through our super armor? I know we have one on Bayonetta's heel slide + follow up kick

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Honestly Bayonetta is going to have a hard time against us.
Her roll is absolute trash, flame choke is going to have a hayday
Her moves are surprisingly slow give us an advantage in one of the few cases where some of our stuff is actually faster
Her air mobility is trash too so lets use that against her.
Lets not forget that her recovery is super gimpable.
Finally all of our attacks will clank with her smashes.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Can we get reverse warlock punch on a forward corrin dash? is he kicks through our super armor? I know we have one on Bayonetta's heel slide + follow up kick
The end lag on both corrin's kicks is nowhere near that punishable. Either she hits through the armor early in the punch, gets up, and shields, or hits late in the move, breaking the armor :/

Plus they have insane horizontal distance. This matchup is so annoying. Not unwinnable, but certainly not very fun to play.

Last edited:

MGK

Smash Apprentice
We have to be careful with the wizkick, since Corrin can reverse kick out of a stuck side b. If Corrin is stuck and reads a wizkick, they can reverse kick to bait the wizard foot, and captilize off of the massive end lag. To make matters worse, the reverse kick off of side b has even less ending lag that the forward kick.

Idk about up b being intangible during the move, but I know that it has a decent amount of startup and that it's definitely not intangible during that time. I've daired Corrin out of that startup so many times it's not funny. It's like an easier to punish Firefox.
That's fair enough on the wiz kick, was just saying that it's a option as it is hard to punish as the move doesn't have much end lag to it. So be smart with when you do wiz kicks. (Like if Corrin is at the ledge and wants center stage, they will most likely side B to the center) Corrin can also Jump out of side B but if we wiz kick ledge cancel, free punish and that covers most options.

The side range is a massive factor to Corrins up b and during the recovery, Ganondorf's Nair doesn't work against it at all unless you hit the start up of Up B, other wise, stomp will beat it 100% if you do it correctly, start up or not.

LayDownAndRot

Smash Rookie
Can their up Bs and bayonettas side b be intercepted? Ive tried dair and up air but havent had luck. Maybe I'm not timing it right or properly spaced.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Dair gets corrins up B, Fair and maybe Bair gets after-burner kick, don't know about witch twist though, probably Dair if anything

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
From what I've seen, this is my tl;dr:

The easier one: Corrin. Play this with precise spacing, so you have room to avoid the sword, but at the same time, play so he won't be able to charge the stun sphere thing. Corrin's a pretty strong character, but searching for openings and punishing the side B with WizKick is our best bet. Of course, aerial choke is far more useful here, since we do get that down smash on the rollaway read, so we can condition it. Corrin has a kill throw as well, but you should be able to live at relatively high percents.

Bayo: You either want to be in or out, mostly out. Avoid that launching move that'll net you around 50%. But then again, you only need 2-3 hits to even it out. Feel free to throw out Aerudo and Nair, as they can give Witch Time a little bit of trouble. We don't get a free followup on Bayo, last I checked. But if we can land a choke and have good reflexes, we'll be able to choke her back and forth without much to fear. Her roll is pretty bad, so you can expect jump + air dodge as a movement option. That can be snuffed by neutral air, a well timed aerudo and Up air. Fair can work as well.

Bear in mind I can be horribly wrong. We're still on Toon Link in the discussion board (I'm on it and it should be up very soon). I aim to up the speed so we can go over the DLC characters and come back to the previous characters before the patch.

Top Bottom