• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So is smash the metaverse?

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Since joker’s gun can shoot, does that mean all of the stages are in the metaverse?
No, the Smashverse is just OP and can do whatever it wants, breaking all the rules, like making Kirby a bad character even tho by the standard of all the characters lores, Kirby is actually the most overpowered character lore of all the characters.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
There's actually some very interesting implications here about the cosmology of the smash world;

As evidenced practically throughout the smash series, and in fact confirmed by sakurai himself in the November 1st direct, the world that smash takes place in is one that exists through the imagination of humans, and that certain objects (namely the fighters, who are toys or figurines) within the real world translates over into the imaginary world of smash, almost exactly like the cognitive world from Persona. They are certainly not one and the same, but I can safely say that they operate on very similar laws.

There's certainly more I could say about the smash universes inner workings, but that's probably for another thread lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom