• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so is ike high tier then?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
thats very true

he could make high tier but a slim chance for top tier

check out my big guide of ike to tell whether u think he will be high tier or not

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
i heard hes gotten better since the demo
Lol, not better, but the same, its just the fact that peopl have actually played him for themselves instead of believeing the people who have played him. You cant rely on other people to tell you what you should believe

Sajun88

Smash Apprentice
There are no tiers lol, Ike is just as good as every other character, he just has a very unique and powerful fighting style, but he seems to be a little bit slower.

ZidaneK13

Smash Rookie
Tiers are lame you're good with whoever you're good with. If you practice enough with any character they can all potentially kill.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I think once people get used to Brawl he'll settle out lower, once they find easier ways to dodge, space, outspeed. If they can perfect Dash dancing that will wreck pretty much everything Ike has sans Side B (Not the whiff->attack, they could dash dance out of that.)

Just me being a pessimist though.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
The tier list isn't even out yet! Wait 6-12 months and then we'll see. Besides, the players are adjusting to their characters now. It's too soon to claim he's high tier. I do think he's a good character, but I also realize the metagame's only beginning.

Sajun88

Smash Apprentice
Here is the final tier list for Brawl in alphabetical order:

Bowser - Top tier
Captain Falcon - Top tier
Donkey Kong - Top tier
Pikachu - Top tier
Jigglypuff - Top tier
...blah... blah...
Luigi - Top tier
Wolf - Top tier
Wario - Top tier
Zero Suit Samus - Top tier

Looks pretty equal huh?

Sajun88

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you should never pick your main character based on what some fool says about tiers. The game isn't even out in the US yet and people are already saying Fox and Marth are top tier, it's ridiculous.

オビ (Obi)

Smash Cadet
I have play the game a few times and in my opinion Ike will NOT be top tier. Two words: TOO SLOW. He was one of my "most looking forward to using" characters but after using him a few times I was...disappointed. All attacks, except for Bair and neutral A, have an awful lag before and after the attack. He's a good character, but for characters like Marth, Pit or ZSS, he taste like chicken. Still, I considered him a beast when it comes to team battle, much like ganondorf but when it comes to singles, it will take a really good player to be able to master him.

Oh and about the tiers. There will be in Brawl. Every fighting game has tiers and I'm 100% sure Brawl won't be any different. But still, it is too soon to be mentioning who will be top tier and who will not.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Depending on the metagame ike will be Top or High tiers the top tier can have more than 2 char you know...>_> and people who think fast char are always top-high tier are wrong....in brawl fast char cant kill at lowers percent as fox was doing with his up smash in melee or falco with his two other smash and dair. Ike have many killer attack and they have the same speed compared to fast char's smash like MK or TL.

If we check Mario and doc for example in melee's tier list doc and mario was almost the same and they where one level differency in the tier list just because mario was not able to do good finishing move....or maybe good in pills..but I think Ike will be advantaged like doc was in the tiers list with his mid to fast killer move.....(just my opinion)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
There's no way in hell we can tell how high he will be on the tiers after less than a month, period.

Yes, he did ge better from The E For All Demo. And he's also very controversial. His slowness is ocnstantly ragged on, but he suppsoedly has strong poitns to save him from being ****..

The funniest part is how one person will say his recovery is mediocre, while a another player (IMO, usually a better one) says it is freaking awesome.

Stop with these "lol high tier or not" topics, they wont prove anything.

@Pltmn...Waiiiit, so people plan on maining him, it automatically makes him good? What are you smoking, you beelive beacause people who have never even touched him plan on using beacause "lol, he has a swordz!", it automatically makes him high tier?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
@Pltmn...Waiiiit, so people plan on maining him, it automatically makes him good? What are you smoking, you beelive beacause people who have never even touched him plan on using beacause "lol, he has a swordz!", it automatically makes him high tier?
The moar people who main Ike, the moar likely he'll win tournies.
The moar tournies he wins, the higher his tier.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
The moar people who main Ike, the moar likely he'll win tournies.
The moar tournies he wins, the higher his tier.
I'm sorry, I thoguht we based tiers on how good the effing character is, not how many tournies he's in. Last time I saw the tier wars, the words "lol, but he's in moar tournies!" was were not uttered. Luigi used to be high tier, and Marth was generally unheard of til Ken Hoang showed up. We dont base tiers on useless bits of info like "lol, he was in a tourney"

Yeah, I saw a jiggly puff in a tourney once, along with Mario. They should totally be high tier.

>_>

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
shall someone play pichu and then win many tourney pichu will be top tier on melee.....wow its disapointing to hear how the tier list is working with some guy>_>

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, I thoguht we based tiers on how good the effing character is, not how many tournies he's in. Last time I saw the tier wars, the words "lol, but he's in moar tournies!" was were not uttered. Luigi used to be high tier, and Marth was generally unheard of til Ken Hoang showed up. We dont base tiers on useless bits of info like "lol, he was in a tourney"

Yeah, I saw a jiggly puff in a tourney once, along with Mario. They should totally be high tier.

>_>
No, tiers are based on how often characters win tournaments (meaning it's based on either/or how often and how well they're played by the players). It helps when experts come up with new ways to play certain characters better, but for the most part he's right. The more a character is played in tournaments as tiering is based on player statistics.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Tiers are decided how good the character is. High tiers usually win more, but that is not how they're calculated.

Note that many people "maining" Ike will not actually attend tourneys, and are picking him beacause he's Ike.

§leepy God

Smash Master
shall someone play pichu and then win many tourney pichu will be top tier on melee.....wow its disapointing to hear how the tier list is working with some guy>_>
I hear you. I mean how Mewtwo got the be the worst, god knows why. But Ike might be the second most picked character in torunments though. But the one I've been to picked a lot of new characters that they unlocked.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
...Why is there no part mentioning the fact that the character needs to be good. Fox got to top tier beacause he is VERY good, and takes a skilked player to do good, not beacause he's abundant in tourneys...unless SmashWiki is a liar.

Top Bottom