• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So im seeing a lot of negative opinions about her....

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Especially on Gamefaqs, that all of her moves are too slow and they think she's pretty much low tier...

Whats your opinion?
Heres my opinion, I want to love her and be good at her, So much so that I've played about 40 rounds, lost everyone and almost started to cry. (Lol the frustration is real with this game for some reason, Never ever been frustrated on the console versions). So yeah, I seriously think she actually might have to be patched, I don't know what to say, I've tried everything.

Edit: Also, I can win with all the other characters, so... I don't know, I don't think it's a Me x Her matchup, She just might be bad. Not that I think I'm all that amazing, But I'm really solid at Zelda, and she's a defensive, slow and "low tier" character too. I'll try to study videos and such but I don't know.

Last edited:

Green Spiny

Smash Cadet
It's easy to say why people think she's low tier. Her ground game is particularly laggy, even if those moves have some interesting qualities (say, FSmash's windbox or FTilt's long duration). And I won't deny that it's a problem. But what I mean to say is, let's not put her down so early! I have a >75% win rate on for Glory playing almost exclusively Palutena and Greninja, and I think she's great. Let's stay positive and learn more.

I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up "low tier" at some point, but it's not really an issue. Low tier may mean nothing if we find the game more balanced than before (no Meta Knight vs Ganon levels of usability).

Hong

The Strongest
I'm not feeling bad about Palutena at all.

She's VERY technical, though. Need to think a lot harder about which buttons you'll have to press, compared to someone like Little Mac or Greninja. Also having to accept that usmash feels like the only great kill move for me, followed by fsmash. I've been experimenting with ledge drop bairs, though, to some reasonable success with Palutena's generous recovery.

Edit - Actually, I have not experimented with Angelic Missile. Maybe that can work as a punishment tool. Can anyone vouch for this?

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Yeah she feels lackluster in some points. But in this Smash even the lower tier characters have a chance to shine. My personal fixes would be a better aim on B and more power to downB (and the wings hitbox is deceptive sometimes). But at the moment it feels like Palutena has taken the spot of Zelda while Zelda might climb up in the tiers this time (she deserves it at least).
Still, I'm doing pretty good with her and I think I will keep her as a secondary.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What I think we're witnessing in this initial phase of the game is only the opinion based on her default specials... which I will say are VERY match-up dependent. Reflector and counter are essentially empty slots in several matchups. Not that she's amazing when they do work, but I do see how first impressions of her are terrible - how she appears in For Glory is going to distort opinions of her.

I do believe she has a LOT of excellent traits. Nothing broken, and I say that having not used any of the custom moves, so this is all about her standard moveset:
  • Her tilts and smashes are not fast and have lag, yes. They do have excellent range though. All her tilts cover a huge space and slightly linger. Her smashes are also enormous and also safe when aiming to hit with the wing tips since the wind pushes blocking opponents away. Exceptionally, the range on usmash is crazy. These are all abusable.
  • Her speed is also good. She is definitely not a slow character and paired with her strong dash attack she can maneuver, chase, and punish well.
  • Her aerials are also very noteworthy. Uair covers so many options by itself. Nair does the rest. Bair is fast and kills. Fair is also very weak. Dair isn't as impressive, but sweeps and is large. All of these make a very well rounded character.
What is going to set her back is her very punishable ground game. Ending lag is totally disastrous. It's what costs her the massive range on everything, but if you miss... well good luck.

But, really, her default specials are trash. Reticule is dumb - it targets, allows the opponent to move, and then shoots. Which is okay when you create a line, but dropping opponents, rising opponents, and anyone within your inner bubble will never be hit. LAME. Reflect is cool, and it's not awful (Nayru's Love hahahaha) but again match-up dependent. Counter is... a counter... I guess... and Warp is great but doesn't function as an attack.

People can call her terrible for having end lag, but that was Lucario in Brawl as well.

Pirunner

Smash Rookie
I have been having a lot of luck with Palutena. Don't underestimate the auto-target projectiles. the best way to use them is at a certain distance away where other characters can't dash in the time you use it. Doing that will bait a reaction out of people. If they shield, use it again for more shield pressure. If they dash, give a quick jab to keep them back. If they roll, roll with them and keep firing. Best case scenario they try to get in you from above. Never try to take Palutena from above, her Usmash, Utilt, and all her Airs can be fairly dangerous to anyone willing to try an air assault

Once they get into the midrange where it is no longer safe to use Auto-target, start using jabs and shorthop f/bairs. Pivot Ftilt when they get cute with the spotdodges, or Dsmash if your feeling lucky (punk). If you feel to much pressure use your Wall or counter to push back the player and roll to where you can catch a breather.

I find my go to punishes are grabs and dash attack. Dash attack is best when your grabs are out of range, but if you can get a grab do it. Down throw usually strings with a f-air, and is a true combo on some characters at certain percents (0-70). Up-throw is a good option when your searching for a kill, as it allows you to fish for an Uair, one of her more reliable kill moves. Back throw/ f throw is stage control, but I like it less than the u/d throws. Seriously, I spend so much time fishing for throws because it just feels right. You just got to work on your pivot and out of Shield game with her.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The only way I can bring myself to enjoy playing Palutena is using her customs. That means I can only use her against friends. :ohwell:

Auto Reticle, Super Speed Warp, Celestial Fireworks works decently for me.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I would like to call this, the Angelic Weight set!

The best set I've played, and the set that caught off-guard everyone of my friends is:

- Auto-reticle: I don't use it alot, but is great against campy Robin, because his FIRE will land when it meets the auto-reticle shot, this is better than the fixed range Explosive Flame as a profectile, as it's 3 shots, wider range, and deals 9 damage. (Explosive Flame could be more useful for combos, as it sends them up, perfect for the so great aerial game of Palutena especially with lightweight), Heavenly Light is the worst move in game.

- Angelic Missile: this move imo is her best Killing move, and it's also one of her best attacks in general it's very safe, fast, and mostly the only way to get punished is that the foe must shield then move a bit then grab, Super speed is unnecessary, it does nothing but deals damage and simple knockback(Lightweight is a better alternative anyways if you want momentum), reflect is great, but I did not need that because Lightweight is just so good, you can simply evade all the projectiles easily.

- Warp: Her best recovery, has higher vertical reach than Jump Glide/Rocket Jump, and you don't really need the other 2 because Angelic Missile and Lightweight does their purpose better, (Btw, Lightweight makes you jump higher)

- Lightweight: Her BEST Special, BEST move. This move is what makes Palutena up there with every other character, without this she's a low tier character, Don't put ANY other Down B attack other than this, SERIOUS.

note: don't play a ground Palutena, unless you're sure you're gonna land a smash attack, don't.

Last edited:

Rahfal

Smash Rookie
The times I have played her I either won or it was close. I feel her range is good as well as her speed. Her block is also nice in certain close-combat character matchups. I don't really think she's bad but rather that people need to learn her play style some more.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Palutena is great imo - she's one of the three characters I've taken a liking to.

Easiest way to get kills is shield grab -> back throw, turn around, charge upsmash

I've also has moderate success with reflect -> fsmash (when the run straight in with a dash attack the reflect stops them just enough to be in fsmash range) and bair-strings off stage.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If players are going to write her off because they can't figure her out, that's their beef.

I'll admit I was initially perplexed by her as well. I love Ladypal to bits and I promised I'd learn to play as her. I shied away from her a bit at first, owing to her extremely technical nature. Frequent training and resolute determination to understand how she works has yielded significant results - quite frankly, she's among my favourite characters in the game.

Don't come into her expecting to master her instantly. That isn't going to happen. Chances are good you'll actually end up frustrating yourself if you try to force yourself to get good as her. Let it develop naturally and don't stress yourself too much trying to figure out why she isn't working for you, just be cool about it and work out what strategies and playstyles work best for you.

I don't subscribe to the idea of tiers personally, so that's never been a mitigating factor for me. I just play the characters and I want to play and I'm seldom, if ever, disappointed. Palutena puts me in mind of the likes of Squigly in Skullgirls and Lambda-11 in BlazBlue: a slow, methodical fighter that requires technical precision and careful study before you can really figure out how to best play as them. Just put the time and effort in and don't get discouraged: there's an infinity of potential there if you're just willing to figure it out.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
It's easy to say why people think she's low tier. Her ground game is particularly laggy, even if those moves have some interesting qualities (say, FSmash's windbox or FTilt's long duration). And I won't deny that it's a problem. But what I mean to say is, let's not put her down so early! I have a >75% win rate on for Glory playing almost exclusively Palutena and Greninja, and I think she's great. Let's stay positive and learn more.

I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up "low tier" at some point, but it's not really an issue. Low tier may mean nothing if we find the game more balanced than before (no Meta Knight vs Ganon levels of usability).
Hey! Ive got a 73% win rate with Palutena and Greninja as well. *hi-5*
Her spacing is very interesting but once you get used to it those laggy tilts become negligible thanks to their knockback. Also palutena has great juggling and air options

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
And I'm going to try to practice with her now, I'm willing to accept that my repetitive failure was due to sucking because of frustration and it being a horrible cycle.

Edit: Or that me and her are just terribly uncompatible. lol

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Edit: Or that me and her are just terribly uncompatible. lol
This might be something you may have to accept.

For instance, I play Samus at the highest level competitively in Melee. Not because she is strong (she is), but because her style is the most suited for how I like to play the game. The thing is, the character is completely dead to me in her own source material. After "Zero Suit Samus", I want nothing more to do with the character.

Inversely, there is Marth... Oh Marth, my darling. Alas, I cannot play as him because I am just not good with fragile speedsters. I am not proficient at rush-down fighters or anything who specializes in intensive close-quarters combat. Consequentially, I am segmented from the majority of Smash's roster.

So I have accepted that I will focus on zoning characters and back them up with a heavyweight secondary. With Smash 4, I am fortunate that I like both Palutena and Robin as character, both in Smash and their source material. I also play Charizard, but with him honestly I haven't cared about Pokemon since I owned Pokemon Red back in the 90s. I just like his play style.

In summary, I can only prescribe looking for a combination of fun, inherent ability, and comfort. It MUST be fun, you MUST be comfortable, and I highly recommend that it suits what you are inherently good at. Zelda sounds like she is right up your alley, so you can always focus on her and pick up a secondary or two to make up for her weaknesses and bad match-ups.

Just my advice as someone who found myself to be in your situation in the past.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
This might be something you may have to accept.

For instance, I play Samus at the highest level competitively in Melee. Not because she is strong (she is), but because her style is the most suited for how I like to play the game. The thing is, the character is completely dead to me in her own source material. After "Zero Suit Samus", I want nothing more to do with the character.

Inversely, there is Marth... Oh Marth, my darling. Alas, I cannot play as him because I am just not good with fragile speedsters. I am not proficient at rush-down fighters or anything who specializes in intensive close-quarters combat. Consequentially, I am segmented from the majority of Smash's roster.

So I have accepted that I will focus on zoning characters and back them up with a heavyweight secondary. With Smash 4, I am fortunate that I like both Palutena and Robin as character, both in Smash and their source material. I also play Charizard, but with him honestly I haven't cared about Pokemon since I owned Pokemon Red back in the 90s. I just like his play style.

In summary, I can only prescribe looking for a combination of fun, inherent ability, and comfort. It MUST be fun, you MUST be comfortable, and I highly recommend that it suits what you are inherently good at. Zelda sounds like she is right up your alley, so you can always focus on her and pick up a secondary or two to make up for her weaknesses and bad match-ups.

Just my advice as someone who found myself to be in your situation in the past.
Thank you for the advice, I already have a secondary (Peach) and I'm pretty solid with Rosalina and ZSS, And I can hold my own with plenty of the other characters. It's just having a character that I'm abysmal at is something I want to fix, But at least I always have the characters I'm good at.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I have been having a lot of luck with Palutena. Don't underestimate the auto-target projectiles. the best way to use them is at a certain distance away where other characters can't dash in the time you use it. Doing that will bait a reaction out of people. If they shield, use it again for more shield pressure. If they dash, give a quick jab to keep them back. If they roll, roll with them and keep firing. Best case scenario they try to get in you from above. Never try to take Palutena from above, her Usmash, Utilt, and all her Airs can be fairly dangerous to anyone willing to try an air assault

Once they get into the midrange where it is no longer safe to use Auto-target, start using jabs and shorthop f/bairs. Pivot Ftilt when they get cute with the spotdodges, or Dsmash if your feeling lucky (punk). If you feel to much pressure use your Wall or counter to push back the player and roll to where you can catch a breather.

I find my go to punishes are grabs and dash attack. Dash attack is best when your grabs are out of range, but if you can get a grab do it. Down throw usually strings with a f-air, and is a true combo on some characters at certain percents (0-70). Up-throw is a good option when your searching for a kill, as it allows you to fish for an Uair, one of her more reliable kill moves. Back throw/ f throw is stage control, but I like it less than the u/d throws. Seriously, I spend so much time fishing for throws because it just feels right. You just got to work on your pivot and out of Shield game with her.
If players are going to write her off because they can't figure her out, that's their beef.

I'll admit I was initially perplexed by her as well. I love Ladypal to bits and I promised I'd learn to play as her. I shied away from her a bit at first, owing to her extremely technical nature. Frequent training and resolute determination to understand how she works has yielded significant results - quite frankly, she's among my favourite characters in the game.

Don't come into her expecting to master her instantly. That isn't going to happen. Chances are good you'll actually end up frustrating yourself if you try to force yourself to get good as her. Let it develop naturally and don't stress yourself too much trying to figure out why she isn't working for you, just be cool about it and work out what strategies and playstyles work best for you.

I don't subscribe to the idea of tiers personally, so that's never been a mitigating factor for me. I just play the characters and I want to play and I'm seldom, if ever, disappointed. Palutena puts me in mind of the likes of Squigly in Skullgirls and Lambda-11 in BlazBlue: a slow, methodical fighter that requires technical precision and careful study before you can really figure out how to best play as them. Just put the time and effort in and don't get discouraged: there's an infinity of potential there if you're just willing to figure it out.
Thanks for the encouragement; I got my hours in Friday and Saturday and struggled against human players. I don't know whether my struggles are due to her default moveset being flawed, my playstyle being flawed, her not being the character for me, bad matchups, etc. I haven't given up though. Fall Break is Thursday and Friday, so I will be playing her again Wednesday and practicing a lot over the break. However, I will put in more work into other characters. Palutena has consumed 90+% of my playtime easily. She was my most anticipated character followed by Rosaluma/Robin & Zelda/Shulk; however, I haven't tried Rosaluma and Shulk and don't see myself playing those characters. I play Zelda in other games, and Palutena seems awesomer in Smash 4. I don't understand Robin at all. It appears my actual mains won't be the characters that got me the most excited.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the encouragement; I got my hours in Friday and Saturday and struggled against human players. I don't know whether my struggles are due to her default moveset being flawed, my playstyle being flawed, her not being the character for me, bad matchups, etc. I haven't given up though. Fall Break is Thursday and Friday, so I will be playing her again Wednesday and practicing a lot over the break. However, I will put in more work into other characters. Palutena has consumed 90+% of my playtime easily. She was my most anticipated character followed by Rosaluma/Robin & Zelda/Shulk; however, I haven't tried Rosaluma and Shulk and don't see myself playing those characters. I play Zelda in other games, and Palutena seems awesomer in Smash 4. I don't understand Robin at all. It appears my actual mains won't be the characters that got me the most excited.
You are not alone. I lab monster'd the hell out of her and found a ton of setups and stuff.

Second I went to play actual humans though? Everything fell apart and I felt useless. I'm getting better but it's going to just take time. Zero Suit just feels so much easier to win with but I don't want to have just one character in case the matchup isn't favorable.

As someone who primarily has a large TCG background, I like to play things that have lots of tools and options. I was drawn to Palutena because her customs feel like a "sideboard" where you can change styles completely based on the matchup.

Have to put in more time. I clearly am not playing as many matches as I should . I haven't broken 100 matches yet. I have friends telling me they put in 300 today alone... gotta start grinding harder.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
You are not alone. I lab monster'd the hell out of her and found a ton of setups and stuff.

Second I went to play actual humans though? Everything fell apart and I felt useless. I'm getting better but it's going to just take time. Zero Suit just feels so much easier to win with but I don't want to have just one character in case the matchup isn't favorable.

As someone who primarily has a large TCG background, I like to play things that have lots of tools and options. I was drawn to Palutena because her customs feel like a "sideboard" where you can change styles completely based on the matchup.

Have to put in more time. I clearly am not playing as many matches as I should . I haven't broken 100 matches yet. I have friends telling me they put in 300 today alone... gotta start grinding harder.
ZSS hasn't left the spotlight since she won the Nintendo E3 Invitational and is considered one of the better characters. I don't pick my mains based on tier lists or impressions of how strong they are, but Smash 4 may be a game where I pick someone that's largely agreed to be good, and hopefully they'll grow on me. I'd like to play with Mii Gunner, but after that I think I'll look into Sheik, ZSS, Greninja, Sonic, Diddy Kong, or one of the other "solid" characters to get some wins. Winning isn't everything, but is regularly losing/struggling with the characters you enjoy any better than winning with characters that don't earn your passion?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I won't lie, I can see Palutena potentially continuing to have consistent issues with these run-down characters (ZSS, Greninja, Little Mac and Sheik, etc), but I also don't believe she's as bad as some people are saying she is, and I also believe that it's FAR too early to do so. This is coming from a person who has stayed by the sides of characters like Ness and Link from the very beginning many years ago. I won't get to play as her until I get the game on the launch of the Wii U version, but I'm maintaining that opinion for now, and will be doing extensive testing on her once I do.

Palutena just may be one of those characters who require specific people to use her. I know Ness is like this, and I can see Robin, Mega Man and Shulk potentially being in this boat as well.

I wouldn't worry too much though... Remember, this meta hasn't even been conceived yet, and people are acting like it has left the womb already, lol. Give her (and everyone else) time to grow and be explored fully. Also, if run-down characters end up being that big of a problem, remember there are patches this time around.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
You have to take time to find out what works for her and you. She has all the tools to win it just takes a character specialist to master her in my opinion.

Djent

Smash Champion
Palutena is bad...with her standard moveset. Then there's NinjaLink's custom moves tutorial, which makes her look downright terrifying:

Side-B 3 and Up-B 2 both open up some incredible movement options for her, with the ability to cancel into attacks. Down-B 3 is a fast, partially-invincible juggling and early kill tool. She can negate projectiles with her shield normals (Dash Attack, BAir). Even her custom Neutral B's look situationally useful.

People mess around with her default set and (rightfully) conclude that it sucks. But she doesn't have to suck. She could be really good if people would experiment more.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
^ I feel like you're a little behind.

I was the person in that video along with NinjaLink. As awesome as some of that stuff looks in theory, in practice against better people it isn't so hot.

The current setup I'm using is Auto Reticle, Super Speed, Jump Glide, Light Weight and it's working out much better.

Fireworks may still have a place though, especially on the Wii U Version where I have more control/precision and the random "whiffed" attacks on characters stops being a thing.

Djent

Smash Champion
Hmmph, well that sucks.

What does Auto Reticle actually accomplish (aside from being less bad than her other options)?

I would've thought Light Weight's drawbacks could get...really annoying vs. good people. I'll probably mess around with Fireworks some more.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Hmmph, well that sucks.

What does Auto Reticle actually accomplish (aside from being less bad than her other options)?

I would've thought Light Weight's drawbacks could get...really annoying vs. good people. I'll probably mess around with Fireworks some more.
I've haven't felt the drawbacks of light weight really, It might not be much, It's not like I get knocked out really early and the small amount of time thing I just teleport around.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's primary purpose is as an anti-zoning tool and to shut down approaches. But thanks to it's fantastic range, little over half of FD, it can make a decent zoning tool of its own.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Some days after the Japan version was out, i remember i pointed that one of her major weakness were going to be the rushdown characters.. since it was clear as day that she cannot defend properly against speedsters who go into her zone fast.

The fact that some of them like sheik, and specially little mac..are little too strong doesnt help.

Talking about Mac, this guy will have to be checked IMO. Yeh, we all know he sucks in the air.... but his ground game and his killer moves are WAYY overboard. He has solid super armor frames in a lot of his killer moves which makes him relatively safe to get kills and set traps without much effrot. His KO special is just overkill and should be removed from game. On top of that counter to prevent Palutena to go out and gimp him.

Palutena is a walk in the park for him.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Character rebalancing is unprecedented in this series. Each game's mechanics/engine were different, so when characters received changes it was relative to a different environment, which could nullify or enhance the changes. I wouldn't get my hopes up for character rebalancing. Mechanically, the game wasn't designed to be on the level of Project M or Melee. Who's to say the developers want to the game to be balanced for the tournament community?

T2 virus

Smash Rookie
I haven't been having many issues. I've literally only lost 2 matches in For-Glory with her......

T2 virus

Smash Rookie
Instead of me just spouting pointless words. I'll probably attempt to make some videos or something this weekend. Or might wait till WiiU version.

Lemonitis

Smash Rookie
Love the crap out of her. Been using God and Sheik evenly throughout most of my 1v1 glory matches with no regrets.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Some days after the Japan version was out, i remember i pointed that one of her major weakness were going to be the rushdown characters.. since it was clear as day that she cannot defend properly against speedsters who go into her zone fast.

The fact that some of them like sheik, and specially little mac..are little too strong doesnt help.

Talking about Mac, this guy will have to be checked IMO. Yeh, we all know he sucks in the air.... but his ground game and his killer moves are WAYY overboard. He has solid super armor frames in a lot of his killer moves which makes him relatively safe to get kills and set traps without much effrot. His KO special is just overkill and should be removed from game. On top of that counter to prevent Palutena to go out and gimp him.

Palutena is a walk in the park for him.
I would be ok with little mac if he didn't ignore counters with some of his moves.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you ask me, she shines in whiff punishing. She has excellent speed on the ground and the Teleport lets her dance around the opponent. To me, this is how she's supposed to work.

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Her regular moveset isn't really all bad. Her projectile is awesome, reflect is good too. Her rolls and spot dodges are invisible so I've been using that to be a bit unpredictable. Dthrow combos even at decent %'s. Overall if you know how to keep your space and use her upB and rolls you can win games. Though I do think shes is like high mid teir with her standard moveset. Her custom moves though may help her alot. Also forgot to put it in, but her moves all have a bunch of knockback. You just can't really wiff or you get punished. Shes technical but not bad.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm not feeling bad about Palutena at all.

She's VERY technical, though.
I do want to be wary of the word "technical" though. It's not like she has a complicated mechanic like the Ice Climbers or floating.

If we're using the word "technical" in place of "being precise and careful", which applies to all characters, we might actually be picking up on her major weaknesses instead.

Kawaii~kun

Smash Rookie
NNID
DSKCHK
3DS FC
3583-0144-8595
What tiers mean to one person means nothing to another. The only thing that matters is the person's playstyle.

I can see her being low-tier to a speedster sort, but Lady Palutina is a very good technical character. Her FSpecial knocks back projectiles, her DSpecial is a decent counter, her NSpecial is good for zoning (though I personally don't rely on it), and her USpecial is great for avoiding guaranteed death smash attacks by TP-ing to the other side of the stage.

Don't get me started on her air game. If you can time well, you can kill enemies with <25% damage easily (I should probably specify that I'm talking about spikes. I would hope no character can KO another at such low damage). Granted, her ground game can be considered weak due to the delay between hits. Honestly though, the only ground attack that I use heavily is the running bash attack.

Long story short; if you play a mean air game, she could be for you. If you're a counter-type, she could be for you. If you rely on ground attacks (particularly smashes) you may want to take a moment to think it over first.

P.S.

Tip: On Smash Run, give her +ATK, +DEF, and -SPD. Then assign her specials as follows: 2, 3, 3, 2. That's an easy way to break a mil on your GSP for her. Mine's at 1.37 mil.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
She's hard to use but she has potential. I've seen some good Palutena players and they are pretty scary and do a lot of amazing ****.

At the least, she's an interesting and unique and fun character, even if she ends up towards the bottom.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Frankly, I feel she's bad. Like, worse than Zelda bad. That's pretty bad.

The game is early, so good Palutenas can and will destroy less skilled foes regardless of who they are (except her very worst matchups), but that means very little until we have consistent results.

I'm not saying drop her. She's extremely fun to use and who knows, I and others may be entirely wrong.

- She may be good.
- Or! the game may prove balanced enough that low tiers are still taking home the proverbial gold.
- OR! This may be the first Smash game to get balance patches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom