• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I was dinking around with Yoshi...

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm thinking of something else. I know there's some things that don't work without tap jumping, but I can't remember them off the top of my head now.
Without tap jump, you can't...

- U-smash out of shield
- UpB out of shield

Neither of which are available to Yoshi even with TJ ON. Given the problems it can give Yoshi during recovery, there's no reason to NOT turn TJ off.

Running u-smash works regardless of TJ. So does Egg Toss Slide, though it's easier if you set L to jump and pretty hard otherwise. Similarly, DR is harder with TJ off.

EDIT: Also, how come no one mentioned using eggs as a primary recovery and saving the DJ for when you really need it? I do it all the time. Often you can recover just by using eggs.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Without tap jump, you can't...

- U-smash out of shield
- UpB out of shield

Neither of which are available to Yoshi even with TJ ON. Given the problems it can give Yoshi during recovery, there's no reason to NOT turn TJ off.

Running u-smash works regardless of TJ. So does Egg Toss Slide, though it's easier if you set L to jump and pretty hard otherwise. Similarly, DR is harder with TJ off.

EDIT: Also, how come no one mentioned using eggs as a primary recovery and saving the DJ for when you really need it? I do it all the time. Often you can recover just by using eggs.
The difficulty in performing tap on eggs is almost literally nonexistant. I find it very hard to believe spending time learning to DR with tap off could possibly be quicker or more efficient than learning tap on eggs. Logic would dictate that you would master the easier technique (tap on eggs) instead of the more difficult one (tap off DR).

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
your second jump, which should be used just befor egg throwing, because egg throwing takes away your second jump.
Not if you do it right, it doesn't. And doing it right isn't very difficult at all.

Top Bottom