• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I tested the minimum KO % at the middle and edge of FD for Marth/Lucina's uncharged side-smashes

SirMouse

Smash Rookie
NNID
SirMouse
(Note: I know you guys are all over every piece of data for each character, so forgive me if all of this has already been covered. Also, I know this is technically discussing aspects of characters, but it isn't just one character, so I wasn't sure which forum to make this topic in. Since this information is only relevant to competitive players, though, I figured this forum was a good fit. If not, though, feel free to move it to the forum you think it's most relevant in.)

Some things to note:

- I tested this with Jigglypuff and then Bowser (the lightest and heaviest characters in the game, respectively)

- I conducted the tests on Final Destination

- I had the CPU stand at the edge of the stage for the first test, and then the middle of the stage for the second test

The results:

At the edge of the stage, Lucina was able to KO Jigglypuff with an uncharged side-smash at as low as 58%, and she was able to KO Bowser at as low as 79%.

At the edge of the stage, Marth was able to KO Jigglypuff with an uncharged side-smash tipper at as low as 32%, and he was able to KO Bowser at as low as 46%.

In the middle of the stage, Lucina was able to KO Jigglypuff with an uncharged side-smash at as low as 92%, and she was able to KO Bowser at as low as 124%.

In the middle of the stage, Marth was able to KO Jigglypuff with an uncharged side-smash tipper at as low as 61%, and he was able to KO Bowser at as low as 84%.

Disclaimer: These tests didn't take into account the possibility of DI or variables such as rage and shouldn't be treated as definitive. They were simply tests done under optimal conditions out of curiosity, and I figured I'd share the results with all of you.
(*Originally posted on GameFAQs)

Well, marths tippered attacks do deal more damage and knockback, so its only natural that they would KO sooner. However, maybe you could make this into a KO percents chart for each character? I dont know if either of the boards already have that, but if not it would definitely be appreciated!

Of course, I'd recommened making spearate threads in each board for the completed charts, but it would probably be safer to ask @ Locuan Locuan

SirMouse

Smash Rookie
NNID
SirMouse
Well, marths tippered attacks do deal more damage and knockback, so its only natural that they would KO sooner. However, maybe you could make this into a KO percents chart for each character? I dont know if either of the boards already have that, but if not it would definitely be appreciated!

Of course, I'd recommened making spearate threads in each board for the completed charts, but it would probably be safer to ask @ Locuan Locuan
Thanks for the input and advice! As for making charts, do you mean finding percentages for each character? If so, that may take awhile, but if nobody has done that yet, I could probably find the time to provide the data. :)

In general, a KO percent table/chart finds at what percents various moves KO characters in various situations, such as from the center of a stage, from the edges, off the top, with DI, etc. Its usually only done on the heaviest and lightest characters, and a middleweight, since players are unlikely to memorise percents for ALL characters and really only need an idea or feel for KO percents.

Also, in general, only viable KO moves are tested. So for Marth/Lucina, it would be something like smashes, but probably not the first hit of NAir, or jab. It would also be a good idea to test tippered v. untippered percents for Marth

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
We do have a thread where we talk about any differences or similarities these two characters have. That thread is accessible from both the Marth and Lucina boards. As @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans said percentage charts would be beneficial as it would be easier to visualize the data. For example, you can create a table in a similar format to what I did when cataloging the percentage of effectiveness of the falling U-air into U-tilt combo Marth and Lucina both have (performed against Mario):
Falling U-air -> U-Tilt:
Character | Start Percent | End Percent
Marth (No Tipper) |
0​
|
56​
Marth (Tipper) |
0​
|
36?​
Lucina |
0​
|
45?​
Of course, this would be tailored to the data you are presenting here. However, I believe this information should be posted in the previously mentioned thread, since it is rather specific. I do not think we have had the exact numbers cataloged yet so it should be anaddition to the information we currently do have. Could you confirm/deny this @ Shaya Shaya ?

Last edited:

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
Wow didnt know there was so much difference with lucina and the tipper! just tried marth with some friends yesterday and i have to say that i was surprised of how much i enjoyed the character. I keep hearing how marth has been nerfed but i cant say that he feels weak lol :)

Top Bottom