• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I played Melee today....

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
Hey just because she was nerfed in some ways doesn't mean she's bad. Mess around a bit and you'll be fine.

Doomshroom

Smash Rookie
I feel your pain... I played C. Falcon today in melee.... i miss melee's intensity, as well as grab/combo game.... which I guess is what the intensity is. I really hope that Brawl will evolve into a similarly intense game, in due time.But I don't think I'll ever be playing my beloved falcon in brawl, it just feels wrong not to have his old style. I'd say that falcon and puff were probably the most nerfed characters overall, which sucks because i and my friend main them, respectively.

RPK

Smash Lord
Well, my Jigglypuff is just as ferocious as it was in Melee. Im still able to combo the **** out of people into rest and probably just as easily. However, playing Melee realized how much of that speed is gone and it just makes me sad that the game will probably never be as fast as Melee used to be.

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
Its wierd, for once i don't think that the sequel is gonna totally take out its predecessor. Most game transitions are usually pretty universal, most of my friends haven't touched Halo 2 since Halo 3 came out. Brawl is like a totally different animal than melee and to echo whats already been said melee was much more intense. I think that most people are gonna keep playing both, especially those around long enough to really get deep into the melee scene. So cheers, lets break some more gc controllers.

Ryven

Smash Cadet
Also, Jiggly's new hats are stupid. Like, what the heck? Pikachu beat her up and took her headband.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I've been having a lot of trouble in Brawl with my Jiggs. I hardly ever used the Rest in Melee, but I was still able to be quite decent with her. In Brawl it seems like her playstyle revolves a lot more around Rest. :(

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
Also, Jiggly's new hats are stupid. Like, what the heck? Pikachu beat her up and took her headband.
That right there really pissed me off when I realized it.

Really, what's more intimidating than a balloon wearing Rambo's headband? Now a freaking rat has it....

Gotta admit that I do love the sun-hat though...

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
What completely vexes me right now is that I don't have a crown option anymore ;*(.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I've been having a lot of trouble in Brawl with my Jiggs. I hardly ever used the Rest in Melee, but I was still able to be quite decent with her. In Brawl it seems like her playstyle revolves a lot more around Rest. :(
Nah, her Rest is next-to-useless in Brawl now. Can barely hit, and can't even kill at 50%? Phailure.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Hey now, don't make fun of the new hats. =/ Well I've always been a fan of her red flower, but I really like the sunhat and the sleeping hat too. It's cute. XD Besides, don't hate on Pikachu for taking the green headband! It's not even the exact same!

FadingWings

Smash Cadet
I think Jigglypuff is a bit floatier (spelled wrong) and it makes it harder to combo but shes still good at aerials and whatnot.

CojaxCojax

Smash Rookie
I think the sleeping cap is pretty cute, but yeah, definitely needs the headband back. Rambopuff was amazing.

Top Bottom