• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS So I just got the game...

Omega590590

Smash Rookie
I am new here... I love the game already.

So I main kirby (I like to call him kirb) and I have already beat a few level 9 bots with no items and I just got my first smash game yesterday. Do you think this is a good start?

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
Welcome to the boards, Omega.
This guide should help get you started. Click here for the guide.
For a more detailed guide, check out Izaw's videos on "The art of Smash" His beginner video is here.
I personally would start with the basics and practice as much as you can. Soon, you will get to know all the characters and their moves. Also, I kinda recommend turning off tap jump, since you're on the Nintendo 3DS version. Having a New3DS can help if that is the model you're using. With the additional c-stick and shoulder buttons, things are be easier to preform with it. If you have the original or the XL it should do, just adapt to what you have and apply whatever you learn there.

Well, I hope this helps! Best of luck.

Last edited:

Omega590590

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the boards, Omega.
This guide should help get you started. Click here for the guide.
For a more detailed guide, check out Izaw's videos on "The art of Smash" His beginner video is here.
I personally would start with the basics and practice as much as you can. Soon, you will get to know all the characters and their moves. Also, I kinda recommend turning off tap jump, since you're on the Nintendo 3DS version. Having a New3DS can help if that is the model you're using. With the additional c-stick and shoulder buttons, things are be easier to preform with it. If you have the original or the XL it should do, just adapt to what you have and apply whatever you learn there.

Well, I hope this helps! Best of luck.
Thanks for welcoming me! I bet I have so much to learn hehe.

I use the 2ds, actually... Is this one of the better consoles for smash?

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
If u can u should get smash 4 on the Wii u. OR Nintendo switch when it comes out. Best of luck :)

Creeeamy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-3994-5969
I have to agree with Gefl, definitely check out Izaw, his guides will help you get up and going. Versing level 9 bots can teach a few bad habits, since they all act basically the same, and they tend to react more than they predict, getting a sparring partner is definitely a good idea. Playing as many characters as you can early will help you find a main you enjoy, enjoyment is the best way to find a main, the more you enjoy a character, the more inclined you'll be to get better with them. Turn tap jump off, 100%. And playing someone like Ike is a good way to learn a lot about the basics of smash, he doesn't have anywhere near as much techy stuff as some other characters, and you'll be rewarded for playing the game right, rather than having in depth knowledge about the actual character.

Top Bottom