• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I have some mario vids or something :mario2:

Jimbo Slice

Smash Journeyman

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
hey man! glad you're enjoying mario :) i hope you decide to keep using him! d-throws are really good vs sheik. you have the option of either f-smashing, u-smashing, or chain grabbing! im not a fan of chaingrabs vs sheik because it isnt as fun, but during tournament against a tough sheik i definitely fall back on that. keep it up dude!

Pine

Smash Ace
you seem to know what you are doing movement wise, you slip around and stuff decent enough but honestly a lot you were doing woulda got you destroyed against a competent shiek

Jimbo Slice

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been playing fox (all my fox friendlies uploaded contain a lot of sandbagging) for way longer than mario so right now I'm still used to easy mode hahaha. I really appreciate the help. I'll get to work on improving my grab game.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Jely:
bamesy i have ODD - please stop saying grab more :( its having the opposite effect!

its so hard to get grabs with mario, utilt -> grab works really good tho

dthrow -> dtilt (FFer misses his tech) -> charged fsmash ^^ raaaaaaaape

jimbo - you make one of the most common nub mistakes, you spot dodge after every missed aerial (indiscriminate of range between characters). When somebody picks up on this in tournament ur in alot of trouble. i think this problem extends to ur other characters too

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
its an arrogant trick :) it works over 100% only.

cape would make them miss the tech at any %, but the advantage of dtilt over 100% is its the only way to get an fsmash on spacies from a grab at that range. any lower, and uthrow -> wd Fsmash will suffice, and any higher, dthrow -> fsmash will do.

Top Bottom