• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so i have a question

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What they said. Your grab range increases, it tends to be faster, and you're retreating.

It really helps characters like Lucas and Yoshi, who otherwise have laggy grabs if missed.

dropping_a_neon

Smash Rookie
i use lucas but i mean they can kind of see the grabs coming if your running away and they r chasing u they r going to expect u to attack them so they dodge and punish u

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Your opponent spotdodges, you can punish by running through him during the dodge and pivot grabbing. It looks cool, screws with them, and you get a grab.

Crow!

Smash Lord
For most characters, pivot grab is way better than normal grab. Yoshi, for instance, has way less lag in his pivot grab, while most non-tethered grabbers get extra range.

Pivot walking is much more character specific. A few characters (including Link) can use the pivot animation to provide a slide as they perform another action, say Dsmash for Ftilt.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
But is there a way to pivot grab without getting that huge slide out of a run ie. as Marth or Diddy?
If asked this in several places but none of the answers I got seemed to be working for me :ohwell:

.Marik

is a social misfit
Play Yoshi or Samus, you'll find out why.

What Straked and others already said.

dropping_a_neon

Smash Rookie
my brother is really good with samus and when he trys to pivot grab i literally rolldodge behind him and punish

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
That's because Samus has a ****ty grab.

If he likes to spam pivot grabs, shield grabs, dash grabs, or even just standing grabs, he should play D3.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Good for messing with your opponent and catching them off-guard if they're chasing you or something.

Longer range.

dropping_a_neon

Smash Rookie
i have literally NEVER been pivot grabbed and i play competitively all the time. people try it, but its so obvious

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
i have literally NEVER been pivot grabbed and i play competitively all the time. people try it, but its so obvious
This is probably a lie. If you've ever fought someone decent, they probably pivot grab.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I pivot grab too much. Its fun to mess with your opponent like that, and its a very useful technique to master with Marth. :)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's because Samus has a ****ty grab.

If he likes to spam pivot grabs, shield grabs, dash grabs, or even just standing grabs, he should play D3.
Everyone that likes to grab should play Dedede.

dropping_a_neon

Smash Rookie
well i do play people that r really good all the time. but i use sonic and when i expect a grab i usually run a little bit then fsmash them

Top Bottom