• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess really no one plans to use Oli at the Tourney tomorrow?

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Man, I wish I could use him at the Gamespot Tourney tomorrow. But you need practise with him to get up to par with(and beyond) other characters!!

Anyone here daring enough to use him on your first try? I guess I'll just use Metaknight or maybe Kirby... :(:(

Vro

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, if you read the rules you'd know that you can only use the starting roster at the GameStop tournament.

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
im using my melee main pikachu to win the tournament i can wait till 12AM when im at home to play as olimar:)

epi_adict

Smash Rookie
If I can get in any practice time before the tourney I think I will since he seems to be a very unique character and thus much harder to counter for anyone without practice against him. If I can't get in any practice time then probably not since it will be a risk to try and get used to such a unique character in the middle of a 1 min battle.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Unfortunately, if you read the rules you'd know that you can only use the starting roster at the GameStop tournament.
Sigh... Olimar IS a starter......

But if I were going to a tournament (I'll just be home playing Brawl with 3 friends) I dont think I'd use Olimar, simply because I'd be spending the tim trying to get used to him.

He doesnt sem like the kind of character you can just pick up and play. I'd probably go for Mario, Meta, or Dedede.

Olimar is still my #1 though.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
I used Oli during the Nintendo tournament and that was 4 minutes - and normally I didn't make it very far. You have only 1 minute this time around, so unless you're an experienced player like Echo, I don't think you should do it. Pick someone you can KO with without being KO'd yourself.

Top Bottom