• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I got Stomped.......

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The other day in a friendly against a Ganon as I was recovering and I ledge teched it. This was on the left side of Final D. Then, the instant I teched it, I flew to the right side of the screen and died. Someone please explain.

TheLake

Smash Master
Kirby and ganon share many a glitches together. Drilling ganons on the ground up B does the same thing to ganon (and by same thing i mean it sends them towards the ground not the complete opposite side of the stage). No man, woman or beast can truly explain the phenomenon of kirby and ganons strange yet compelling relationship. One must simply watch...and wait.

Metà

Smash Master
It was sort of the same, only I had teched the stomp, so I had full control over Kirby, I just flew to the right and died.
Okay, I have some understanding of this phenomenon, and after a bit of testing in AR, I think I can explain it. First you need to understand though, that FD's edges are almost as steep as Battlefields (that is, it's a sharp overhang), but unlike Battlefield, you can wall hug it. What happened was, you must have SDI'd up into the overhang, which acted like a ceiling. Now, normally what would happen, is if you were holding to the right, your moment would carry in that new direction with a slight pause (giving it a WTF look), but this is only if you miss the tech. Teching off a wall or ceiling completely cancels your momentum, and I have never seen or heard of any exception of this. You muse have simply been holding that direction after teching, because I have no other way to explain it.

Linguini

Smash Master
me too man...me too.
No character in brawl even gets close to the level of satisfaction I had playing with the manliest character in the history of smash, melee ganon.

Top Bottom