• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I entered a PM tourney... never again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
Entered a PM tourney yesterday and it wasn't a good experience. While I actually got far in bracket (7th out of 13 entrants), I was only because a bunch of unskilled kids entered the tournament (they used Wiimotes and wavebirds LOL). When I encountered players that actually knew what they were doing however, I got bopped pretty hard (I got 4 stocked on a number of occasions). Couple that with the fact I don't know any of the MU's of the characters that they changed and I basically wasted 5 dollars (entry fee) and a good hour of my time waiting for my bracket match (there was only 1 setup and one of my opponnents was late to the tournament). So yeah... never again... From now on i'm probs focusing on Melee (and maybe 64 if they have side events). Not trying to bash PM, but I feel like there should be an easier way to get into PM competitively, especially for Melee players that want to make the transition.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
this sounds like a problem with the to/venue and not the game. you could've had exactly the same issues with any game you were playing...

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
this sounds like a problem with the to/venue and not the game. you could've had exactly the same issues with any game you were playing...
The 1 setup killed it for me. Bracket took forever when it shouldn't. I understand that I under-performed in bracket, but the focus was definitely on sm4sh that day. Even the TO said that LOL.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
The 1 setup killed it for me. Bracket took forever when it shouldn't. I understand that I under-performed in bracket, but the focus was definitely on sm4sh that day. Even the TO said that LOL.
The 1 set-up isn't a clearly isn't a Project M issue lol. Smash tournies are grassroots, if there was only 1 set-up then it's the fault of everyone there for not bringing more set-ups. Could have happened (has, and will) with any other smash game

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
The 1 set-up isn't a clearly isn't a Project M issue lol. Smash tournies are grassroots, if there was only 1 set-up then it's the fault of everyone there for not bringing more set-ups. Could have happened (has, and will) with any other smash game
Fair enough. I'm still probs gonna just focus on Melee though.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I feel like there should be an easier way to get into PM competitively, especially for Melee players that want to make the transition.
You just have to play the game. You should at least wait until you have some general MU knowledge or character understanding of the new changes before throwing money into a tourney, unless of course it was all in good fun. Though from the sounds of it, you were more interested in winning than learning the game.

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
You just have to play the game. You should at least wait until you have some general MU knowledge or character understanding of the new changes before throwing money into a tourney, unless of course it was all in good fun. Though from the sounds of it, you were more interested in winning than learning the game.
I admit I entered the tourney with a bad mindset.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Why not actually put effort into playing PM instead of entering some random 1 set up tournament thinking that because you play Melee that you should be a god at PM LOL

Lesson for today: Don't enter a tournament for a game you just started playing and expect to win because you play a different smash game

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
an absolute tragedy
Those 5 dollars could've went to something great like entering another melee tourney TROLOLOLOLOL...but anyways PM ain't for everyone including me.
Why not actually put effort into playing PM instead of entering some random 1 set up tournament thinking that because you play Melee that you should be a god at PM LOL

Lesson for today: Don't enter a tournament for a game you just started playing and expect to win because you play a different smash game
Umm... I just wanted to try it out that's all. Didn't expect to win the thing jeez.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Umm... I just wanted to try it out that's all. Didn't expect to win the thing jeez.
I see. You wanted to try it out.

I wanted to try Melee out once, I did, I played Peach and spammed down on my c-stick. People then picked Marth and spammed forward on their c-stick.

If after getting rekt, I went onto message boards and complained about how all these players destroyed me and complained about ~matchup inexperience~, that would be absurd, right?

That's literally what you're doing right now except with Project M.

C'mon man, git gud.

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
I see. You wanted to try it out.

I wanted to try Melee out once, I did, I played Peach and spammed down on my c-stick. People then picked Marth and spammed forward on their c-stick.

If after getting rekt, I went onto message boards and complained about how all these players destroyed me and complained about ~matchup inexperience~, that would be absurd, right?

That's literally what you're doing right now except with Project M.

C'mon man, git gud.
LOL really? Don't generalize me like that. I'm not that bad to the point where I spam the c stick lol.

Bleck

Smash Master
What am I saying that's not constructive????? Just leave bro you obviously have nothing nice to say.
Entered a PM tourney yesterday and it wasn't a good experience. While I actually got far in bracket (7th out of 13 entrants), I was only because a bunch of unskilled kids entered the tournament (they used Wiimotes and wavebirds LOL). When I encountered players that actually knew what they were doing however, I got bopped pretty hard (I got 4 stocked on a number of occasions). Couple that with the fact I don't know any of the MU's of the characters that they changed and I basically wasted 5 dollars (entry fee) and a good hour of my time waiting for my bracket match (there was only 1 setup and one of my opponnents was late to the tournament). So yeah... never again... From now on i'm probs focusing on Melee (and maybe 64 if they have side events). Not trying to bash PM, but I feel like there should be an easier way to get into PM competitively, especially for Melee players that want to make the transition.
Those 5 dollars could've went to something great like entering another melee tourney TROLOLOLOLOL...but anyways PM ain't for everyone including me.

Quit being sarcastic lol. I know how to play.
Umm... wow that's all I have to say. If you have nothing constructive to say GTFO.

Last edited:

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
HOW are those not constructive???? Just quoting all of my posts doesn't answer that so you're wrong lol. You're obviously being a troll so get lost. Sad you have nothing better to do with your time.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
This thread is so dumb. What is the point of it N Nishifue ? If you're not going to play Project M, then don't play Project M...what do you want from us? I don't go to Smash 4 boards and tell them I'm not going to play their game. Sounds like you're just trying to get a rise out of this community which isn't constructive of your time. We've established that your problems have nothing to do with the game so there's no reason to complain about anything other than your TOs.

Last edited:

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
This thread is so dumb. What is the point of it N Nishifue ? If you're not going to play Project M, then don't play Project M...what do you want from us? I don't go to Smash 4 boards and tell them I'm not going to play their game. Sounds like you're just trying to get a rise out of this community which isn't constructive of your time. We've established that your problems have nothing to do with the game so there's no reason to complain about anything other than your TOs.
I'm just telling people about my first experience with PM. I'm not trying to "get a rise out of the community". I'm just upset because of the tournament (i feel like I could've did better in melee) and this Bleck Bleck guy is being a troll.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm just telling people about my first experience with PM. I'm not trying to "get a rise out of the community". I'm just upset because of the tournament (i feel like I could've did better in melee) and this Bleck Bleck guy is being a troll.
Stop being a nerd. Every game has TO issues. If you want something done about it, then either get involved or make your own.

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
Stop being a nerd. Every game has TO issues. If you want something done about it, then either get involved or make your own.
How is that being a nerd? It would also be nice if you didn't call me that lol.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Gooby  car suspicious.PNG

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm not trying to get a rise.

Umm... no comment.
>Goes to PM board
>titles thread "So I entered a PM Tourney Never Again"
>Blames PM when it's obviously the venue's fault and lack of MU knowledge
>Claims not trying to get a rise

Aight

Nishifue

Smash Journeyman
Ugh... I'm done with this thread. Nothing but hate jeez. If someone wants to lock this thread they can go right ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom