• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So how do you plan to get your hands on Brawl on the 9th?

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Anyone here going to that Gamestop tourney? I'm kinda nervous about it... I'll try to use Olimar, but I'll probably lose since you need practice to use him...

But anyway, if the that begins at midnight I'll probably get there around 6 PM and just wait around to avoid the lines... if there are any? I wonder how many other people will show up? I'll bring my DS and Mario Kart/PKMN/etc. in case there are people to play with...

So what are you going to do?

xxhyosukexx

Smash Apprentice
im going to gamestop round 9,if thers alot of people im not playing in the tourney.if theres not too many ill give it a shot.payed the game off a few days ago tho.

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
I'm doing a gamestop tourney in my area. It says the whole event starts at 10 pm that night, but I'm gonna go a few hours ahead of time. I don't want to miss sign ups because a bunch of people beat me there.

I almost missed the Wii on launch day because of that type of situation. Walmart claims no one can line up till 12 noon the day before, so I go at 11:00 and there are already 10 people in line. O_o

Better early than sorry

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
My Gamestop isn't doing a midnight release. So it's either wait until noon for the place to open up, or just go to a Wal-Mart five minutes away and see if they'll put them on the shelves at midnight so I can snag one and go.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Going to gamestop, picking up the game, leaving, playing it for the rest of the day.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda nervous...I've been at college, and I don't have a car, so I never got a chance to pre-order it. I'm thinking about getting a cab to the nearest Best Buy at around 11 PM and waiting to see if I can get a hold of a copy. I just called them, and they said they would have plenty of copies, but still...I'm worried :ohwell:

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda nervous...I've been at college, and I don't have a car, so I never got a chance to pre-order it. I'm thinking about getting a cab to the nearest Best Buy at around 11 PM and waiting to see if I can get a hold of a copy. I just called them, and they said they would have plenty of copies, but still...I'm worried :ohwell:
Don't worry. I work at BestBuy and I check in on the status of our Brawl order, apparently we ordered 134 units. I'm sure your bestbuy would order something similar to ours, but I guess it depends on popularity of video games in your location.

Back on topic: Hanging at gamestop/wal-mart since they are close to each other. It should be a fun night.

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
i have no clue how im gonna get it i might not have a ride but i preordered it so im gonna get it, and they sell it at freds? i just hope i get it on the 9th [my gamestop has no midnight tourney D=]

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
I can't receive a midnight copy, ( due to my parents) so I'll probably pick my copy up right after leaving for college at 6:30 am.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
That's a good idea...I should bring my DS and own some noobs in Pokemanz while I wait. But yeah, Gamestop tourney for the win. I get to play it early and buy it early...or, if I'm lucky and none of you guys are going to my gamestop, maybe even win a free copy :chuckle:

If someone from here does go to mine, though, I'm screwed :p

ThunderHero

Smash Apprentice
My gamespot is on the other side of town, so I'm going to Shopko which is only 10min away if that. Though Shopko wont do preorders so If they do a midnight release I'll go at 10PM and wait and if there going to open normal times I'll go an hour early. Normally I would have homework and church but I'm going to do it on saturday so I have all of sunday for brawl :]

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
midnight launch for the win
Midnight launch for the win.
Lulz, originality.

I've got $5 down on it at Gamestop, but I don't even know if my Gamestop is having a tournament. Me and my friend are playing around with the idea of "camping out", but we may not have a ride home after midnight since his car is currently. . . in a state of absence.

Guess I'm playin' it by ear.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
1. Pre-order it 8 months in advance
2. Wait for the midnight release at said store
3. Take my copy
4. Do what Gabe does with his new games
5. Play it
6. ???
7. Profit

Urb

Smash Journeyman
Not only is my EB Games doing a midnight release, but they (of course) also get stocked up for only those who have pre orders (like me) so I automatically get one. I will then quickly beat the game and have party at about 2:00. Then I hit wi-fi to deliver some first class pwning. Do you have a pre-order for pwning? If not, you don't GET any!

Sliq

Smash Master
I already won a local Melee tournament, and the prize was Brawl.

Top Bottom